Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6574&start_row=41

A Man, spirit, consciousness, or lie?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 52
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/24/2016 8:50:19 PM

That would make more sense @ "THE" Sun

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/24/2016 10:27:58 PM

I am not here in this thread to convince anyone of something other than what they hold true. I am thankful for the detailed information RastaGoddess. This is what I am seeking; information that provides an in depth look at the existence -- either way -- of Christ. I have to say that years ago I had a very similar view. Seeing the astrological and metaphysical happenings that created the myth of Christ.. i.e. the Sun instead of the Son. It made a lot of sense and I looked at religion and spirituality as nonsensical and 'lived' as an atheist.. I dont need to tell my entire story but the essence is that I was not satisfied with full truth in this view. I began to look more into the divine that has lead I here..

I am not saying that Christ is the end-all be-all of spirituality and that one CANNOT reach liberation/salvation without Christ. From what I see, this topic is a source of separation within Ras Tafari. Many say Man in blood and flesh, and many say pacifying lie.. Naturally there is an undeniable truth here. One that most likely meets somewhere in the middle.. As I said earlier, I SEE the astrological correlations with the story of Christ but am not satisfied that this is the ENTIRE truth of the situation. I feel that nature and creation are more mystic than to say the force of ALL is no form or personality and never MANifested the supreme essence into a Man to teach the I's of creation.. I am a Man formed from the source with all aspects of my self being a representation of this creation; so to I it makes beautiful sense that The Source manifest form. Creating the physical universe from the infinite energy of the supersoul. The life giving essence of ALL creation experiencing loving service from creation as self.

The existence of Christ the Man can be seen in the writings of roman historians. "In his two great works, The Jewish War and Jewish Antiquities, both written in Greek for educated people, Josephus tried to appeal to aristocrats in the Roman world, presenting Judaism as a religion to be admired for its moral and philosophical depth. The Jewish War doesn’t mention Jesus except in some versions in likely later additions by others, but Jewish Antiquities does mention Jesus—twice.
The shorter of these two references to Jesus (in Book 20)11 is incidental to identifying Jesus’ brother James,12 the leader of the church in Jerusalem. In the temporary absence of a Roman governor between Festus’s death and governor Albinus’s arrival in 62 C.E., the high priest Ananus instigated James’s execution. Josephus described it:

Being therefore this kind of person [i.e., a heartless Sadducee], Ananus, thinking that he had a favorable opportunity because Festus had died and Albinus was still on his way, called a meeting [literally, “sanhedrin”] of judges and brought into it the brother of Jesus-who-is-called-Messiah … James by name, and some others. He made the accusation that they had transgressed the law, and he handed them over to be stoned.

James is otherwise a barely noticed, minor figure in Josephus’s lengthy tome. The sole reason for referring to James at all was that his death resulted in Ananus losing his position as high priest. James (Jacob) was a common Jewish name at this time. Many men named James are mentioned in Josephus’s works, so Josephus needed to specify which one he meant. The common custom of simply giving the father’s name (James, son of Joseph) would not work here, because James’s father’s name was also very common. Therefore Josephus identified this James by reference to his famous brother Jesus. But James’s brother Jesus (Yehoshua) also had a very common name. Josephus mentions at least 12 other men named Jesus.14 Therefore Josephus specified which Jesus he was referring to by adding the phrase “who is called Messiah,” or, since he was writing in Greek, Christos.15 This phrase was necessary to identify clearly first Jesus and, via Jesus, James, the subject of the discussion. This extraneous reference to Jesus would have made no sense if Jesus had not been a real person."

http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/people-cultures-in-the-bible/jesus-historical-jesus/did-jesus-exist/

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 6/25/2016 1:04:39 AM

The I dont think Josephus has any babylonian perversion?

Well according to Josephus it wasnt a Jesus ben Joseph what prophesied the destruction of Jerusalem but a Jesus ben Ananias!

Some identify Jesus with the wicked priest of the Dead Sea Scrolls and according to some writings it was James that played the roll of messiah and righteous one

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/25/2016 4:40:30 AM

According to de stories brother Yashua was a Zealot warrior who fought fo de redemtion of his fellow Jews. He went to dwell in de hills with his bredrens & became more spiritual in his fight against Rome. De Romans dicided to execute him through hanging bcos they were aware dat his spiritual approach was most likely to overcome their dominance & rule. So Yashua died in de liberation struggle, just like brother Dedani Kimati, Bantu Biko, Sista Nanny, Nyabinghi & many of I & I Black people who died in de Black liberation struggle. Yu can say they died for I & I Black people like its said Yashua died fo his fellow Jews. De concept of Christ is inspirational to those who embrace it & many Rasta people have effetively used it ind de struggle. Oneness.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/25/2016 5:52:44 AM

I missed this but its powerful words RG! This the second time this week I agree with this brothers words, hes an author? I must look him up. And reiterate:

"There have always emerged leaders who became "GODS" AND "MESSIAHS". Their exalted status of honor and worship has been in most cases A RESPONSE TO THE SHEEP MENTALITY'S NEED FOR SOMEONE TO WORSHIP. In their SHEEP MENTALITY the people yearn for someone who will be SUPER-MAN, someone who will miraculously do all that they themselves fear to do or fail to do. This IRRESPONSIBLE condition opens the door wide for THOSE THAT CRAVE WORSHIP, and a circle of RELIGIOUS FANATICISM evolves to become an obstacle in the path of that liberation which both leader and follower claim to be pursuing." - Ras Jahaziel

!

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/25/2016 7:50:19 AM

Good riding bredren, yea Iyah, Ras Jahaziel is a crucial artist, painter,author, and more. Di I must check his site

RasTafari Visions

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/25/2016 8:04:37 AM

I agree Black Heart. If there was a historical person named Y'shua (Ben Pendera), I would go with the school of thought presented to us by some of our beloved elders/master teachers whom have suggested him to be a Kushite revolutionary (messenger) against Romans and false jews, much like Biko and Malcolm. And much like Queen Nanny, also a master healer, military strategist, and knew our ancient sciences. And who also was imprisoned for insurrection.

Not a guy in the sky. Not literally walking on water. Not born of a virgin. No fairy tale business. Just another one of our Afrikan revolutionary brothas fighting for liberation of Afrikan people.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/25/2016 8:23:16 AM

Christianity has been a traditional part of the dynamic African landscape for over 2000 years. And beyond argument remains a fundamental sculptor the African cultures in Sudan and Ethiopia. The majority of Christianizing in Africa is unfortunately linked to the enslavement and colonization.

In the making of the slave you realize it was not the Bible or Jesus that was ever the problem, it was the slave masters "Two readings of Christianity" one reading secured his desires of exploitation and the other reading secured passive obedience from the enslaved — a slave master friendly version. We can take a third reading and that is our revolution. So it is necessary to deal with tradition African Christianity, which is a beautiful example of African agency within Christian theology.

"Thank God Ethiopian Christianity did not accept "love your enemies," or else the Italians at the battle of Adwa would have been welcomed with Injera instead of bullets and swords"

Christianity was adopted by Europeans — it was not created by them—but has become their chief religious agent in sculpting the World (replaced in our times with democracy). They made it their own by implanting their pre-Christian values and agendas onto a Middle Eastern faith—a non-White Jewish faith. This is a natural process as all people with agency seek to balance two things; absorb the benefits of new innovations (religious or otherwise), as well as maintaining their unique cultural identity and power centers. The problem for the African who received this Europeanized version of Christianity is while it worked to secure European interest, it did so at the expense of African interest.

The impact of European Christianity is profound, stretching beyond the boundaries of religion and influencing mainstrem Western values. A few concepts that it produced. (Please note these concepts only apply to the enslaved or controlled populous): 1. Don't Judge 2. Turn the Cheek 3. Be non-violent with oppression 4. Love your enemy. So embeded in the faith most think these are the theological core of the faith. But these sentiments do not even account for 1% of the Bible, what about the other 99%? These are not Biblical traditions. Of the 1000s of names in the Biblical tradition can one man, Paul and not Jesus, wipe out the entire sentiment of a faith?

Luckily Garvey, Nat Turner and Ethiopia were concerned with the other 99%. And the reason is the emphasis of the Bible is subjective. And it was carefully shaped in Western Europe to produce things like the beatitude (Latin: happy, fortunate, or blissful). These are Europeanized theological schools of thought, which have influenced the ideology of an entire faith (ideological globalization). So much so, that most cannot see Christianity outside of these Eurocentric boxes. To do so would mean studying Christianity of other nations, such as Ethiopia, which preserve a unique theology.

http://www.africanchristian.org

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/25/2016 10:03:45 AM

The source!!

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/25/2016 12:54:36 PM

Yes I Black Heart! I agree with the I's description.

I think that all aspects of this have some truth to it. Is Christ a man, spirit, consciousness, or lie? And the answer may be all of those things.. A man that lives during the time of Rome named Yaheshua who spiritually embodied oneness with creation just as others have done and can do.. A spirit in the sense of moving towards Jah through righteous revolution that rises in the minds and souls of people seeking Jah connection. A consciousness in a similar light. An idea, a growth towards Jah that can be 'tapped into' and experienced as a manifesting mind set dubbed Christ consciousness. A lie in that this man has been twisted into a supernatural miracle working white man. This, with astrological events coinciding with the story of Christ shows how much the truth has been distorted and improperly represented through domineering western religions.

As RastaGoddess show and GARVEYS AFRICA say, the source will provide the truth. More information, more reasoning, let I and I KNOW the truth!

Love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 52

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I