Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6567&start_row=1

The mystical/supernatural stories about HIM.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 6/19/2016 11:31:36 AM

i'm sure all of us have read or heard at least some of the stories about Haile Selassie I especially while he was a child, i.e. the ending of the drought in Ethiopia when he was born, his ability to speak to animals and tame them with ease as a child, the ability to speak in a number of languages (speaking in tongues), his ability to "teleport" without being noticed - supposedly his servants reported HIM sitting in a room one second and then outside in the garden the next without anyone noticing or hearing anything and so on. I personally don't believe in these stories and think they're just made up to give an additional mystic element to Haile Selassie but i am interested in knowing your views?

Give thanks and blessed Sunday bredren and sistren, Jah RasTafari!

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 6/19/2016 9:14:32 PM

I memba reading stories of how hiding things from the Emperor wasnt easy, where certain ones would try hide say what they did or were but the Emperor would tell them exactly where and what they did.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/20/2016 9:42:17 AM

It is HIM practical and tangible victory against the Italian beast and his works as the Father of Pan Afrikanism that is truly worthy of eternal RAspect.

That being said, INI also appreciaLOVE the mystical aspect of HIM. He was well studied in the ancient Afrikan Mystery System, which may explain some of the "supernatural" stories surrounding HIM.

The Autobiography, My Life and Ethiopia’s Progress, Haile Selassie states,

“At the age of 13, although my physical strength may not have been great, my spiritual and intellectual power began to increase gradually and thus had the entrance to this world open."

Ethiopia it is known that Ras Tafari from a young age could quote freely from the Book of Mets'hafe Kufale,the Book of Enoch, Hermas the Shepherd, Judith, Ecclesiasticus, Tobit, the 'Metsahfa Berhan' (Book of Light), the Sixth and Seventh Book of Moses, the Book of Eden (secretly deleted from Genesis during the Dark Ages), and all thirty-one books of the Hebrew Bible including the twenty-one Canonical Books of the New Testament, plus numerous Apocryphal and pseudo-pictographic books. He also made it quite clear that he was well acquainted with the 'Metsahfa Menkusat' and the rare manuscripts of 'Abba Aragaive' and other Coptic Monks, known as the Nine Saints, who entered Ethiopia in 480 AD and founded the first monasteries in Tigre province.

He also revealed that he was acquainted with the occult applications of Urim and Thummim and the Mezuzah, as well as the use of the magic words Gematria and Notarilon in Eygpt, necromancy and also the magical names Adonay, El, Elohe. He exhibited familiarity with the Cabbalistic doctrines and the writings in Gilgamesh. The pagan rituals surrounding the worship of Isis, of the serpent Arwe and of the Abyssinian gods of Earth, (Meder), Sea (Beher) and War (Mahrem), as well as the Arcane of astrology and numerology, but most importantly, Tafari exhibited to the priest his overstanding of the central messages in the Egyptian Book of the Dead and the Book of Two Ways.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/20/2016 12:57:53 PM

Great reasoning sister!

I can recall reading a piece in Catch A Fire, Biography of Bob Marley, about H.I.M being seen drawing a bird. The person seeing the drawing was very amazed by the realism and detail of the bird. Then, it is said that H.I.M. slapped his hand on the desk and the bird lept from the page and flew out the window! I also remember reading that at a young age, H.I.M. was well known for his extensive knowledge into ancient and Holy texts. He was in the presence of many monks and priests that were asking the young Tafari about these texts when he whispered into a monks ear the exact writings on the side of the Ark of the Covenant and the monk turned pale and had to leave.. Been a while since I came across that one, might not be the best description.. I cant say that these 'stories' are all true or all false.. What I can say is that the great things he did as King could be seen as too good to be true and miraculous if not for detailed recordings of these facts.

JAH come as a human to teach us, that does not mean that the creator is limited to 'normal' human abilities.. He has shown that he is far above the average person!

MOST HIGH

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 6/20/2016 1:18:31 PM

Brother Hemphill, you said ''he has shown he is far above the average person''. I would rephrase that and add that the whole (or major) point of Rastafari is that he has shown HOW ABOVE AVERAGE WE ALL CAN BE! As concerning all those stories though, without some form of proof, they remain stories which i don't believe, however even in his autobiography we see his father gave young Tafari the best tutors and he himself had a strong desire to learn, that is unquestionable. I just think the rest was added to over emphasize his already high levels of achievement and intelligence.

More fyah,
Selassie I.

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 6/20/2016 2:05:52 PM

Blessed love to all!

I find it ironic that couple stories from the Gnostic Infancy Gospel of Thomas, which speak of child jesus's deeds, has a remarkable resemblance to His Majesty's childhood. For instant, both made birds came alive from a none existing aspect.

Except from 'The Infancy Gospel of Thomas'.....

"This little child Jesus when he was five years old was playing at the ford of a brook: and he gathered together the waters that flowed there into pools, and made them straightway clean, and commanded them by his word alone. And having made soft clay, he fashioned thereof twelve sparrows. And it was the Sabbath when he did these things (or made them). And there were also many other little children playing with him. And a certain Jew when he saw what Jesus did, playing upon the Sabbath day, departed straightway and told his father Joseph: Lo, thy child is at the brook, and he hath taken clay and fashioned twelve little birds, and hath polluted the Sabbath day. And Joseph came to the place and saw: and cried out to him, saying: Wherefore doest thou these things on the Sabbath, which it is not lawful to do? But Jesus clapped his hands together and cried out to the sparrows and said to them: Go! and the sparrows took their flight and went away chirping. And when the Jews saw it they were amazed, and departed and told their chief men that which they had seen Jesus do."

Except from 'Catch a Fire: (a biography of Bob Marley by Timothy White)'.....

"However, in the weeks afterward, the knowledge and this special sense of lucidity seemed to ebb away.
When did it return? the priest inquired.
When the birds and the beasts and even the insects began to greet him and speak to him, reminding him of what he already knew, Tafari replied.
Which was the first creature to speak to him?
Tafari requested a sheet of paper and some pastels and began to draw, with extraordinary facility, a picture of a bird. It resembled a dove, but with exotic, multicolored plumage. The priest was about to ask Tafari what sort of bird it was when he was dumbfounded to see the bird fly off the page and out through the nearby window, disappearing into the sky.
Word of the late governor's strange boy spread rapidly but discreetly through the network of liqe kahnat (chief priests) in the provinces, and it is said that they arranged several secret meetings with him to question and, perhaps catch him in .what they supposed might be blasphemous mischief or pagan magic."

P.S

It seem these mystic stories were common among early rastafari such as: Howell, Garvey, and even Marley was known to be Psychic and had the ability of channeling the art of ancient African Majick

Hotep

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/20/2016 2:56:55 PM

Seen Jah Seeker.

Being The Most High, H.I.M. life example allows ones and ones, through study and practice, to achieve the heights of complete oneness with JAH! Definitely above average!

LOVE

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 6/20/2016 3:03:52 PM

Exactly Hemphill, blaze the fire red hot!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/20/2016 3:34:36 PM

No supernatural to mi ting

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/20/2016 6:08:33 PM

Give thANKHs brothah Har-Tema for that reasoning!

Good to see di I!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I