Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6560&start_row=11

Mama's Baby Papa's Maybe

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/15/2016 7:00:52 PM

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/15/2016 7:06:04 PM

Put yourself in bredda Joseph shoes. You never marry her yet and she all kinds of definition of virgin and yet still, she pregnant and claim miraculous conception / son of 'God.' Somebody give bun but joseph too caught in religion to find gabriel. Fire on the whole argument.

Messenger: Iamallah Sent: 6/15/2016 7:34:18 PM

LOL

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/15/2016 8:39:57 PM

LOL!!!!! 😂;;;😂;;;😂;;;

Seen bredren! The whole thing kinda crazy eh?

I suppose that's why Dr. Ben says he would speradically ask his wife if he IS still the children's father! Lol

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/15/2016 10:45:05 PM

True GA, in sunday school they used to teach us that Joseph was so righteous for believing that it was "God's baby" and still marrying her. Seems to me that this point makes the story even less realistic, because which man would actually act that way (and which womban would want her man to look the other way and play stupid while someone else impregnates her)? It's not even a good story of role models, it teaches men to let their wives be raped as long as there's a spiritual explanation.
One Rastaman explained to I some time ago that in those days, the rulers of the Jews (the Romans) were referred to as Lords or Gods. He said it was probably a Roman soldier who impregnated Mary, explaining that this gave Jesus the "in" for his political uprising, because he was half Roman.
Maybe so... to I the whole story is too mixed up with other ancient allegories, I can't even take the "Jesus" story seriously that the events even happened, I see it as an amalgamation of other stories.
But RasGoddess, returning to that idea of James the Older brother, I was searching in the biblical gospels for mention of him being Older or being born first, I didn't see anything like that.. can the I please show I why James is an older brother, not a younger brother?
Growing up in the christian church, not roman catholic, I never heard the idea of perpetual virginity. We were taught that Mary and Joseph had children together, after Jesus was born, and these are the brothers and sisters mentioned. But the point of an older brother definitely was not addressed at all.
If I see some scriptural mention of James the Older Brother, I am definitely going to be reasoning with my christian family members about that one!
Each 1 Teach 1
Give thankhs + More Love JAH

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/16/2016 3:21:38 AM

Haha JahChild i like the alternate explanation there I always didnt trust Gabriel and his night time visits to Mary but now i see it may well have been a roman father! Yes

Well and again, i was taught jesus sibling was bredda Josephs children he had before Mary (so still holding onto her modern 'virgin' status) while throwing some shade on Joe as obviously multiple marriages / previous children would be looked down on by the church. Free up joseph. Maybe this is why the brothers have to be older according to some. Dont the latter day saint believe jesus had wives and children?

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/16/2016 9:31:01 AM

James the "older brother" was suggested by Dr. Ben in the video, so I wouldn't be qualified to lead you to a particular scripture. Then again, I don't put much weight into biblical timeliness and such. Nor would I necessarily use a book of confusion as the means to clear up that very confusion. In other words, I wouldn't wash my hands in dirty water.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/16/2016 11:49:00 PM

Selahsay I Love

Seen Impress, I don't rely on the bible for any historical clarity either, I would like to find it though because some people definitely take it to be literal and factual, especially in the Jesus stories, so if there is a bible reference to older brother along with virgin mother, I would be curious what those ones would say about that paradox...
Idren GA I never heard that bit about the doctrine of the LDS, maybe someone else can answer that question tho?

Another reasoning on THE SACRED MOTHER:
I learned recently that Yeshimebet, the name of the mother of Tafari Makonen, is a name that means "Lady of Many Houses". In the Holy Drama of Kemet, the mother of Heru is Auset, however, Nebthet was the surrogate for Auset in carrying Heru. The name Nebthet means the "Lady of the House", a remarkable similarity to the name of Tafari's birth mother! I found it interesting =)

Bless UP
+ Fqr Chmr

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/17/2016 11:55:27 AM

Nice one sistren!! Good Eye! I found it equally interesting!

In I iditation of di I's wordsound, I went through a journey of a thousand thoughts 😉;

Lady of 1000 / Lady of 1000 Names / Lady of The House / Lady of 1000 Houses

INI know that the ancient tradition of using the title of "Lady" to define royalty, or goddess, comes from Kush/Kemet, a tradition still used today in the "Royal House of Britain", a term they also use as a female equivalent to gentleman or lord.

Out of curiosity, I looked up the definition of "Yeshimebet" as InI remembered that the word "bet" is found in many royal/queen/goddesses names in Kemet (Nekhbet) and also means "House", which is feminine in nature.

Yeshimebet or Yeshiemebet (Ye-she-meh-bet) Lady of 1000.
Yeshi = 1000
Emebet = Lady (Emeh-bet) each used as seperate names as well.

And also this:

Derived from Amharic ’ə;mäbē;t "royal lady", As a "title" it is still used to refer to the Virgin Mary.
Mistress/Lady of Heaven"

With a patriarchal twist of the mind and pen, we see "Bet" in the Greek word "Alpha-Bet" (house of alpha) coming from the Hebrew "Aleph Bet" (Aleph = Father)

BET is the also the second letter of the Hebrew alphabet (Greek "Beta", Kemetic/Arabic "Ba", and our English "B"), and the first letter of the Hebrew text of Genesis. The meaning of the name of the letter, "Bet" in Hebrew, is also "House"

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/18/2016 12:12:12 AM

James is referred to as James the elder. This might be where the concept came from. The reason he is called James the elder is to distinguish him from one of the disciples, who was referred to as James the younger.

The churches used sensational things like virgin birth, magical healing and feeding, and rising from the dead, because of the impact of those kinds of things on people who believe them, and the ability of sensational things to hold people's attention, concentration and focus, because if people put too much concentration on the things Yeshua said and did, it would be problematic to the church. If people realized through his words that they are One with God, they would not have dependance on the church. If they put too much concentration on the issues between Yeshua and the synagogue control establishment, they would see that the same issues exist with the church control establishment.

They used a person (or group that started the story) that was against downpressor types like them and turned his influence into a tool for them.

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I