Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6560&start_row=1

Mama's Baby Papa's Maybe

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/12/2016 10:59:16 AM

This post is inspired by the subject of "virginity" as defined by Western Christianity and resulting in the twisted view of women which has resurfaced on another thread.

Mary, "holy mother of god"
Who Himself was just a seed within her
She can create "god"
but she can not be god?

This is perverted European patriarchal hypocrisy and is fundamentally ANTI AFRIKAN and unatural to INI.

All Queens of Ethiopia were considered to carry the SEED of the GODS. The royal line came through HER.

In the Book Introduction to African Civilizations by John G. Jackson he states [I’ve paraphrased]:

“A Princess was born a princess, but it took a male becoming a consort to that Queen or princess to become a prince. He had to have a coronation or be crowned where she was already crowned at birth. At is coronation he was ‘Born Again and given a New Name.’”

Cheikh Anta Diop in his book Pre-colonial Black Africa explains that in the African custom of matrilineal succession, very strict rules were observed which stated that the heir of the throne was not the king’s son but the son of the King’s first-born sister (the king’s nephew). This is because, as an African proverb states, ‘ You can never be sure who the father of the child is; but of the mother you can always be sure. The brilliance of this logic cannot be missed. This saying underpinned the rationale many African societies used to ensure that conference of power and titles of leadership were reckoned through the mother’s line.

"Hence while Egyptian Pharaohs and men in much of ancient Egypt and modern Africa for that matter were leaders in their households and families, THE TRADITION OF TRACING LINEAGE ON THE FEMALE SIDE, MAKING HIERS OF THE SISTERS' SONS (RATHER THAN A MAN'S OWN SONS) AND MAINTAINING THE 'DIVISION OF LABOR' WAS PART OF THE SYSTEM." -- Pianke Nubiyang

Mami Wata as an ancient African deity of Isis, and the divine manifestation of the feminine principal, is the master of all magical, divinatory, prophetic, philosophical and religious systems in ancient Africa. There is no indigenous spiritual system that currently exist in Africa that is separate from Mami Wata.”

AFRIKAN MATRIARCHY VERSUS EUROPEAN PATRIARCHY

"Both Patriarchy and Matriarchy are of ancient African origins. Nomads and people who migrated from place to place or who were warriors were mainly patriarchal...BUT SOME TRACED THEIR ANCESTRY ON THE FEMALE LINE, MEANING THEY WERE PATRIARCHAL BUT MATRILINEAL" - Pianke Nubiyang

"A lot of people think that matriarchy is the exact opposite in structure as patriarchy. Patriarchy is what most people see these days in dominant, mainstream societies -- being governed by men, having judiciaries dominated by men, children taking the man's last name, the old idea in the modern practice of coverture in Christian, straight marriage, the veneration of old white guys throughout history and the nearly-complete disregard to women's contribution to that history, etc, etc, etc.

Matriarchy was a term used to label any society that did not follow the European idea of hierarchical patriarchy. It was applied to every society that did not conform to what Europeans thought of as being "civilized," (which was anything but civilized), measuring these cultures by European standards. This meant that in any society where women were viewed as equal to men, the Europeans automatically viewed that culture as "other" and subjugated it in the most forceful and brutal ways possible; these societies posed a threat to the hierarchical patriarchy upon which the European invaders had based their own world view."

SOURCES:

The Great Black Mother

The Queen Mother Matriarchy

Matriarchy versus Patriarchy

Pianke Nubiyang

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 6/12/2016 8:46:25 PM

Give Thanks for Mama Africa Queen Omega I Mother of Iration.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/13/2016 8:22:07 AM

Great info Rasta Goddess! What a beautiful image too, give thankhs for sharing.
Omega Love

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/14/2016 1:19:29 PM

Dr. Ben speaks on Virgin and The Immaculate Conception, beginning at 6 minutes and 30 seconds in the video. For my sistren Jah Child inna Ithiopia with limited network , I give a recap below ;)

WHAT IS AN IMMACULATE CONCEPTION?

The Kush/Kemet ancestors taught that when a woman conceived a child, having been with one man only from one menstrual cycle to the next, therefore KNOWING who the father is, and both creators having knowledge of self and living on high vibrations and consciousness, then she has conceived "immaculately "

The ancients never referred to "virgin" as having anything to do with the hymen. When they referred to virgin (from the Greek "Virgo") they defined it as the "ORIGINAL", having nothing to do with whether a woman had sexual intercourse or not.

That came about during the Nicea conference by bishops who mistranslated our original sacred teachings with their distorted views (nature), and they certainly dont have a history of worshipping their women and their wombs. The Ancestors had NO ISSUES or hang ups with it, and celebrated and honored their queens.

There was an African bishop present at the conference who suggested that "Mary" be canonized as the Afrikan goddess Auset (Isis), and still the Roman Catholics say:

"Holy Mary, Mother of God, blessed are the fruit of thy womb, Jesus."

This coming directly from:

"Holy and Hail Isis. Mother of All and of God. True, perfect and clean be thy womb, Heru"

The Womb was always worshipped until the distortions appear at the Nicea conference. Mary (Auset) was worshipped long before Jesus was, until they demoted her into she worshipping her son. Here, Dr. Ben mentions that in fact, Jesus had an older brother named James and the bible mentions his siblings.

(Well well Miss Mary...older brother huh? So much for the "Virgo intacto" theory...LOL)

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/14/2016 10:18:52 PM

Blessed Love Goddess! Give thankhs for the Iducation as always.
I never realized when reading the scriptures that "Jesus" had an OLDER brother. Yes I remember mention of his brother James but I didnt put two and two together about Mary's so-called virginity at Jesus conception being an impossibility if she had already had James! But then what of the story that she and Joseph were not yet married when she was found to be pregnant? Mary was a young single mother and she married Joseph after? Or the story is just a blatant lie?
Bless up the union of Man and Womban, give thankhs for Life.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/15/2016 10:55:55 AM

Greetings and Love sistren,

Di I asks:

"Mary was a young single mother and she married Joseph after? Or the story is just a blatant lie?"

Well sis, I think by now it is well overstood that I am well suspicious of religious writings BY MEN. Though some truths can be found in these writings, the ONLY "Divine Word of God" I trust implicitly is that of Creation and what is written within INI. The original "Book of Life"

That being said, for entertainment purposes, comparative studies, and to get a better overstanding of the root and Genesis of the oppression, suppression and depression of the Divine Feminine, INI refer to their own writings and world views.

The Gospel of Mark 6:3 and the Gospel of Matthew 13:55-56 state that James, Joses (or Joseph), Judas, and Simon were the brothers of Jesus, the son of Mary. The same verses also mention unnamed sisters of Jesus.

While Christians believe that Jesus was, as the Son of God, born of a virgin, the relationship of James the Just to Jesus has been rendered difficult by the Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox belief in the Perpetual Virginity of Mary, the belief that Mary's virginity continued even after Jesus' birth.

Now before any of you who do believe say that he's a half brother as some people believe. Wouldn't that have been a sin on Mary and Josephs part? If that's the case wouldn't the bible make mention of that?

A second Roman Catholic argument is that Jesus’ brothers and sisters were the children of Joseph from a previous marriage, before he married Mary. An entire theory of Joseph's being significantly older than Mary, having been previously married, having multiple children, and then being widowed before marrying Mary is invented. The problem with this is that the Bible does not even hint that Joseph was married or had children before he married Mary. If Joseph had at least six children before he married Mary, why are they not mentioned in Joseph and Mary’s trip to Bethlehem (Luke 2:4-7) or their trip to Egypt (Matthew 2:13-15) or their trip back to Nazareth (Matthew 2:20-23)?

There is no Biblical reason to believe that these siblings are anything other than the actual children of Joseph and Mary. Those who oppose the idea that Jesus had half-brothers and half-sisters do so, not from a reading of Scripture, but from a preconceived concept of the perpetual virginity of Mary, which is itself clearly unbiblical: "But he (Joseph) had no union with her (Mary) UNTIL she gave birth to a son. And he gave Him the name Jesus" (Matthew 1:25). Jesus had half-siblings, half-brothers and half-sisters, who were the children of Joseph and Mary. That is the clear and unambiguous teaching of God’s Word.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/15/2016 12:01:34 PM

Think I the only one who sight Joseph as a victim in this story.

Yes I give thanks for the wordsound from the elder

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/15/2016 2:13:45 PM

LOL!! Now you know I was gonna catch that one!

Alright brothah Garveys, gwaan now...give it to me...I'm interested in this view of Joseph the victim" ☺;;

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/15/2016 2:13:45 PM

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/15/2016 2:13:46 PM

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I