Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6548&start_row=31

Any a d Idem watch Roots?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 38
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ras ravin-i Sent: 6/9/2016 3:36:16 PM

my friend voodooruts...let me tell you a little something about me....i am pretty sure i am way older than you....not that you would have known this, ....

i left school at 13 because i was old enough to overs the nonsense i was being taught.

following that, my educators were some of the people aforementioned by Garveys Africa....i stand without apology by the statements i have made.

my education has been self taught by discarding subjective lies and propaganda, my social media my young friend was the street corner, my google was old people.

we studied under the pressure of a state of emergency in the back woods of my village...we learnt hard my friend.....

i studied European history and activities from an old Garveyite named Mason who was the village shoemaker and historian, on April 19th 1966 i was blessed to see His Majesty on His visit to the the Caribbean, in those days we didnt have the luxury of movie that told of black history, it was not until the 1970's that we began to see and hear anything black on the media, by that time we had already learned who owned the media.

so pay attention carefully to what you allow inside your head.

i went to a canadian mission school (commonly known as Presbyterian) for a 4 year period...

with that said....let me remind you that i pay attention....i will challenge your education and i will scrap your learning....simply because yourself as a young African warrior, i will never let you fall prey to enemy propaganda......because i was loved by my then elders....today i will do the same for you....

Garveys Africa to answer your question about the other piece i posted was written by my idren from my school of thought...Ras Jahaziel

thank you

voodooruts...i still got your back

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 6/9/2016 5:16:33 PM

Yes I, I got u I but u still missing what Im saying I. My education in certain realms is selftaught in others I was taught but dont assume things about I and dint think my knowledge or overstanding about Iself low, lacking or slacking Iyah!
U may have different experiences from I in location and time and school of thought but none the less than the other.
Sow it go, hv I back it is much uppreciloved and needed and one elder to I I raspect take heed to the sayingd of a one but I dont blindly follow tho I have much I own mind.

Love Up

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/9/2016 5:16:36 PM

A wise mind masters the art of reasoning as a mighty warrior masterfully yields his sword against his enemy, not his Idren.

Iron sharpen iron.

Messenger: ras ravin-i Sent: 6/9/2016 6:33:18 PM

my brother...i have not missed your point, as i said i stand by my sound apologetically....everything presented to us in this time is in some way or the other laced with subtle propaganda....keep i mind that we are at war.

one thing about me is this...i never underestimate my friends or my enemies....and i will not assume that you dont know anything...i will never do that, but time and experience on the front line has taught me that the enemy will always try to weaken your mind first, when thew mind is weakened ...the body is easy to kill...so in comes the vegan disguised as healthy....out comes the tofu and the meatless meat and the tgp and all those things...the ancients have given us ital...this is just an example....my father used to say....if wishes were horses, beggers would ride...

stand firm fyah..

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 6/9/2016 6:43:27 PM

I got U I, I see weh d I standing at!
I read in the things from a nudda angle but I sight d I now.

I agree with the I and a same point I was making I just going further with some of the "knowledge" we have are also from them same propaganda things from our elders from what they had at their disposal in dem times.

Love Up I!

Messenger: ras ravin-i Sent: 6/9/2016 7:09:53 PM

i agree in part with u about the elders....because all the ancients had at their disposal was the bible....in those days there were no notes , no sound of the majesty except that of the gong, it took time for us to get word sound...i remember when we got pics of his majesty...they were so faded from being xeroxed so many times...we cherished them with so much reverence....today, there are pics in every corner just flooding the place and most of these pics were hoarded by white men that seek to make money of them, we have to stick to our traditions and cultures, remember we gave the world civilization...its written o our hearts and lately white men have found out it is written in our so called dna, so now suddenly we have "studies" (done by white owned universities) showing with proof i say....that ALL people came out of Africa....but according to our estemmed scholars like chiek anta diop and rashadi ect...there are only 2 black people in the world, one is found in africa and the other is found in india, the dravidians....so anyway,the ride will be rougher than this.....keep training...you will need it...eat well...learn to cook if you cant, plant your own food if you can, reduce your dependancy on the syetem...

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/9/2016 7:14:14 PM

To point out that our Afrikan Master Teachers and Elders read European authors does not necessarily equate to "defending massa".

Though a wise one would (or should) naturally be suspicious of any European writings, especially concerning INI history, we cannot ignore the truth in what VoodooRuutz mentioned.

Below is a quote from our beloved teacher John Henrik Clarke:

"Most of the old and new Black scholars asking for a total reconsideration of African history, in particular, and world history, in general, are using neglected documents by radical White Scholars who are generally neglected by the White academic community.

In African history I am referring to scholars like Gerald Massey and his work, Egypt, Light of the World, (two volumes), The Book of the Beginnings, (two volumes) and Natural Genesis, (two volumes).I am also referring to Gerald Massey's greatest English disciple, Albert Churchward, whose book, The Signs and Symbols of Primordial Man, asks for a reconsideration of the role of people outside of Europe and their role in human development.Your attention should also be called to the work, Anacalypsis, two volumes by Godfrey Higgins, published in 1837."

He goes on further about another white author Michael Bradley who wrote "The Iceman's Inheritance; Prehistoric Sources of Western Man's Racism, Sexism and Aggression":

"These books deal with the dispersions of African people throughout the world.Many of these Black scholars, whose work Professor Gates questioned, were reading works by Whites in French, German and other languages that spoke positively about African American achievement long before Mr. Gates' parents were born.This school of Black scholars are neither demagogues nor are they pseudos; they are the forerunners of the present propagators of Afrocentricity. They know what Professor Gates doesn't seem to know: that African people are the most written about and the least understood people in the world.If Professor Gates has not read the works of the White pioneer scholars about the role of African people in world history, it stands to reason that he has no understanding of the senior Black scholars such as Yosef ben-Jochannan, John G. Jackson, Cheikh Anta Diop, Jacob Carruthers, Chancellor Williams, Lao Hansberry and myself.

The book, in essence, is about the rise of a certain kind of temperament that changed the world-the European Personality. This personality has shown little or no respect for civilizations, cultures and ways of life that it did not create...

...Michael Bradley was characterizing the Europeans as "Icemen" is not totally incorrect, if it is incorrect at all. I wrote the Introduction to the new edition of this book, because I considered the book to be of some significance in explaining the origin of racism. I did not say the book was a masterpiece of the greatest achievement in writing. It was good basic research and told honesty about Europeans' beginnings and the impact of racism on the broader world. I have also written the Foreword to another book by Michael Bradley that will be even more controversial, Chosen People From The Caucasus: Jewish Origins, Delusions Deceptions, and Historical in the Slave Trade, Genocide Cultural Colonization. (Third World Press, Chicago)"

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/10/2016 12:30:29 AM

I apply this Teaching from Haile Selassie in so many ways, including in I filtering of what I read, hear or see from anybody, whether they are Babylon, an Idren or Isistren, or somebody else, because no matter who a person is, not everything they think or say is true, and not everything they think or say is false.

To be neutral is to be impartial, impartial to judge actions and policies objectively, as we see them either contributing to or detracting from the resolution of the world's problems, the preservation of peace and the improvement of the general level of man's living conditions. Thus, we may find ourselves now opposing, now supporting. now voting with, now voting against, first the East, next the West. It is the worth of the policies themselves, and not their source or sponsor, which determines the position of one who is truly neutral.

I am not suggesting neutrality in terms of fighting against Babylon by this quote, the point I am making is related to what I said before the quote. In the general sense of using I and I knowledge and wisdom and additional research if needed to filter out the wrong from things we hear or see from any source.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 38

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I