Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6547&start_row=11

WE HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/7/2016 4:27:41 PM

Indeed brothah! Rasta is born out of RESISTANCE to white supremacy.

FIYAH pon any attempt to whitewash, or "hippy-fy" this AFRIKAN movement.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/7/2016 4:31:22 PM

Greetings

I like this thread! A lot of FIRE! I agree that sitting in silence is deadly complacency. The only way to uproot this shadow beast of babylon is to expose it. Shine light upon the dark lies and oppression, make it known and hold these evil-doers accountable.. I feel that Ras Tafari is the revolution. Standing firm in the face of the most evil regime ever known. H.I.M: These young people face a world beset with the most effectively organized programme of deceptive propaganda and of thinly screened operations ever known..
There are many forms of revolution, and it is true what GARVEYS AFRICA say: There has never been a bloodless revolution. I feel what Sister JAH Child express.. A violent attack against the system will only warrant a stronger attack from the system.. There is a time and place for everything. When they come for you, never be afraid to FIGHT for self defense.. I feel that the time is near. The bible describes it as the time of the gentiles -- white supremacist babylon system -- and until the time of the gentiles is fulfilled.. The 'bubble' is about to burst, mans cup of inequities is over flowing..
As much as it is the responsibility of Black people to speak out and agitate; it is the responsibility of White people to recognize behavior and burn it out. H.I.M: We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community.

ALL PEOPLE UNITE TO FIGHT RIGHTEOUSLY!

MOST HIGH

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/8/2016 12:54:45 AM

Blessed Love and Oneness
Give thankhs RastaGoddess for sharing the synonyms for agitation. Yes I do Overstand the meaning of that word. The I is correct that my statements were meant to challenge the use of violent agitation as opposed to other non-violent methods. I do not disagree with the I's that violence is sometimes necessary. I have had to use violence in self defense and in defense of a loved one, and I would proudly do it again. But the reason I warn ones n ones just to be smart about the type of agitation is that at this time there are people out there trying to get the youths to become violent agitators, not for the benefit of the youths, but to put more power in the hands of the ones funding the operation. George Soros is bankrolling programs like Black Lives Matter, and Facebook is not only promoting but effectively creating the popularity of this movement, and then the paid operatives go out and agitate by beating up people at anti-abortion rallies and threatening to kill police. Instead of benefiting Black Lives, this only serves to divide and conquer the entire population on both racial and civil levels (cops against civilians), and make more reason to federalize the local police departments, which will eventually do even worse for the Black Lives involved. This is just one example. I am all for people going out and making trouble for the establishment, but it is wise to be sure that the outcome of the specific action taken is not going to benefit the downpressor even more.
Yes, agitation by means of words and information, this is a method I am quicker to use and to support.
JAH Love and Itection

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/8/2016 2:59:11 AM

Hmm. I think it could be argued both ways. It could be said that no matter who is bankrolling black lives matter it is founded by a group of African women. Although facebook largely pushed the movement it was not the creators of facebook but the users who made it do what it did. People say the black lives / social media responses to police killing young black men and racism toward black women were out there purposefully to divide and conquer. But the fact these things happen and happen so frequently show we are already divided! Or alternately - maybe division away from integration intl an oppressive system is what is needed.

I mesn the social media campaign lead to a few more militant minded Africans taking the law into their own hands, remember the baltimore riots? Or those police officers with their heads blown off. I have doubts as to the oppressors wanting this. Even if they did........ Maybe the french WANTED the haitians to uprise so that they could come down harder and more restrictive on them too.... But the haitians had other ideas.

I think its right not to be reactionary. But all forms of agitation are needed right now!

Messenger: ras ravin-i Sent: 6/8/2016 8:03:44 AM

any action , whether it be passive resistance or open confrontation on the plantation be it then or now is considered an act of violence against the the plantation owners, or do you actually believe that you are free?....fact is ....we are in prison, when was the last time you remember being free?...why are we claiming a livity like Rastafari?...something that was born and raised in/with resistance? does anyone believe that our ancestors stopped and reasoned/contemplated whether or not to rebel?...because their youths (us) will go to jail?...so they just went back to the plantations willingly?.....how long has this struggle been going on?....are the people who are now involved in the education and resistance of tyranny against our people the very same ones who left the African shores 500 years ago?...no we are their youths/children....i am a man who want my sons and daughters to stand and fight back and resist with all their intelligence and strength and wits to protect and serve our people with every ounce of knowledge that was given to them. simply put, i want them to survive in a land as free people by any means necessary.

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I