Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6509&start_row=1

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/10/2016 7:25:00 PM

"The thing that makes us distinctively African is our spirituality -- And we are not talking denominations or names for various religious systems in living Africa. We are talking about that distinctive personality found everywhere in Ancient and modern Africa. It was this centrality of a reverence for a higher deity that traveled with us to the America's that survived the boat and the plantation. That reformed itself into Nation of Islam, Christianity, modern Vodon, and so forth."

"[Native Faiths are] religion that is based mainly on oral transmission. It is not written on paper but in peoples' hearts, minds, oral history, rituals, shrines and religious functions... has no founders or reformers like Gautama the Buddha, Asoka, Christ, or Muhammad. It is not the religion of one hero. It has no missionaries, or even the desire to propagate the religion, or to proselytize." --
Joseph Awolalu

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/10/2016 8:52:12 PM

Blessed love I

Yes give thanks for the words of one of the master teachers.

Knowing that An overwhelming majority of Africans globally and on the continent subscribe to a religion with their connections running deep..... Is the solution to try and eradicate their religions all together? Or to promote the 'Africanizing' of the religions and customs associated with?

Selassie I

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/10/2016 9:00:24 PM

I wouldn't say "Africanizing" religion is the answer, that is simply dressing up religion in a Dashiki. Instead I would prefer returning to the ORI-ginal Cosmological/Spiritual principles.

SANKOFA!

Messenger: ConsciousRas Sent: 5/17/2016 8:21:56 PM

Shikamoo.
Wouldnt it be ok okay to say Africans are killing Africans instead of religion is killing africans. Religion does not say kill your brother, or steal. it tries to create a path like a light at the end of the tunnel. What i mean is during judgement day, the Creator wont ask religion why it killed people rather the individuals in i ipinion. Its like one of those sayings that go, guns dont kill people, people kill people.

Hotep

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/17/2016 8:33:28 PM

I respectfully disagree Ras, with both examples. If we as Afrikans have been conditioned for self hatred and to place little to no value on our lives, then "black on black crime" becomes a SYMPTOM of white supremacy. Same thing applies to Western religion; if it has enslaved the Afrikan Mind, then can you righteously blame Afrikans? We may be the ones holding the gun (or bible), but our minds are no longer our own....

Messenger: ConsciousRas Sent: 5/17/2016 9:36:33 PM

yes sister, i overstand your point. trully religion was not meant to kill people. It is the history behind the religion and how it was used that has actually caused the problems. iman wasnt looking at it from that point of view rather the view of how religion came about to give man and woman spiritual fulfilment instead of the problems that are faced today.
Iman of course burn western religion, the whole concept of roman religion being used to enslave africans is an abomination. iman was simply looking at thevuew of when times like ancient ethiopia practised their orthodox christianity, saudi arabia practiced its orthodox islam before prophet muhammad passed away. at that time im can say that the religion had a positive influence on people and helped them
unite.

Without religion being a factor, iman have realized that the european culture still hates the african, its a deep hatred that was born inside of them and it became too strong to control. they merely used religion so as to lue to themselves and kind of clear ther conscious that they were trying to help the african but what they were really doing and they know it was enslavement.

Was religion solelly created to enslave the afrucan or did it start as a road of enlightenment which then was overpowered by evil men who later changed it to enslave the so called inferior man?
I give thanks still for enlightening i.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/17/2016 10:22:19 PM

Nuff love and RASPECT Ras! Give thankhs for clearing that up :)

Spirituality and the Mystery System came outta Kush (Orthodox Christianity, Islam, etc), was taught to the west, only to be misinterpreted and desacrated into a system of political and financial control and global domination = RELIGION.

ONE LUV

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/18/2016 10:45:21 AM

Webster's Collegiate Dictionary traces the word back to an old Latin word religio meaning "taboo, restraint." A deeper study discovers the word comes from the two words re and ligare. Re is a prefix meaning "return," and ligare means "to bind;" in other words, "return to bondage.

African traditional spiritual systems led to the system of alchemy founded some fifteen thousand years ago by the first human genius whom Africans described as the "Thrice Greatest." The greatest of all philosophers, the greatest of all priests, the greatest of all kings. His African names included, Thoth, Tehuti and Theuth. The west knows him as Hermes Trismegistus.

The son of man Bible is incomplete and full of contradiction, which cause confusion. God said let those who are able to understand become enlightened and wise. God spoke unto Osiris and said many of mankind have their own opinion about God and therein is the problem. To know God is to be able to conceive of God and such become required in order to understand what is God. What is written about God and is contributed to God as being the author is a lie. God need not write to that which it has created. God said unto Osiris, it is the unwritten universal Law which govern that which God has created and those laws rule all that God has created, as God become the very essence of all it has created. God said let those who truthfully seek after Knowledge find it and from such discovery may you become wise with understanding.

Complete Love To The Afrikan Nation.
Osiris Akkebala
Chief Elder (p.a.i.'n)

AFRICAN ORIGIN OF RELIGIONS
By NAIWU OSAHON

The core doctrine of the system remained as in Thoth"s alchemy, which was the theory of salvation emphasising that the deification of man was the most important object. They believed that the soul of a man if liberated from its bodily fetters could enable him become godlike, see the Gods in this life, attain the beatific vision, and hold communion with the immortals.

African ancestors believed that whatever activity takes place in the world is a reflection of the divine law of ecclesiastical brain. That subtle energy links the physical body with the immortal spirit. That the physical and ethereal bodies are not far apart. Vibrational frequencies link them, which could be synchronised.

That there is no Messiah, no mediator to wash our spiritual ignorance away. Spiritual liberation is possible within every man.

The ancients insisted that every man has within him a seed of the infinite indestructible fire energy from which his organism hangs.

This influenced the concept of the Son of the Almighty. Man's invisible spirit force is subject to incarnations, as is man. Our ancestors do not die, their spirits live on for ever.

The individual was trained to be god-like while on earth and at the same time to qualify for everlasting happiness.

African ancestors believed that whatever activity takes place in the world is a reflection of the divine law of ecclesiastical brain. That subtle energy links the physical body with the immortal spirit. That the physical and ethereal bodies are not far apart. Vibrational frequencies link them, which could be synchronised.

That there is no Messiah, no mediator to wash our spiritual ignorance away. Spiritual liberation is possible within every man.

This influenced the concept of the Son of the Almighty. Man's invisible spirit force is subject to incarnations, as is man. Our ancestors do not die, their spirits live on for ever.

The individual was trained to be god-like while on earth and at the same time to qualify for everlasting happiness.

Africans gave the world the concept of Heaven and Hell, good and evil, truth and lie (deceit) and the feather of truth (i.e that truth is weightless and lie requires several layers of lies to sustain). That righteousness is superior to might and steel. That virtue will be rewarded in Empyrean-abode of blissful spiritual life after death and that our ancestors do not die.

AFRICAN ORIGIN OF RELIGIONS

Messenger: Jahoshua Imanuel black christ I Sent: 5/28/2016 11:19:12 AM

I thought otherwise, sister.

It's rather ignorance that is destroying our kingdom. Our people are very ignorant of the truth; they prefer to listen to and believe the white man's lies. They love this white man so much, that some even consider him a god; same man who tricked our ancestors into slavery, kidnapped our mothers and fathers and sold them overseas like beasts, into slavery, raped and molested our sisters and mothers and daughters, infected our people with strange and terrible diseases unheard of in Ithiopia Africa, murdered hundreds of thousands of Africans, men, women and children, robbed us of our land and resourses, gold, silver, metals, oil, farm harvest, domesticated animals and wild ones too and even to this day, they still steal our wealth in the name of government and constitution and they restrict or deny man and man of our God-given rights and freedoms. Our African brothers and sisters are very ignorant and they rather listen to their oppressors and colonizers and believe in their lies and deception, instead of teaming up with their brethren who seek the true living God and find him and serve him alone, for there is no god but Jahovia Ras Tafari, who is the Power of the Trinity (Father, son and holy spirit/Power, word and spirit) and the creator of Zion, heaven and earth and all that they contain. He is the giver of life, the Supreme Judge and Imperial Majesty. King of kings and Lord of lords, God of Abraham and Isaaq and Jah'aqob, most high.

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I