Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6505&start_row=21

Rasta and Muslim Relationship?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ConsciousRas Sent: 5/23/2016 10:52:04 PM

Can Religion be compared with spirituality? Can one say they are more or less the same thing without considering the fact that spirituality is based merely on a individual while religion can be seen as a group of people together.

To some spirituality is the key while others choose religion. Isnt it more or less the same thing. Without the element of control being bestowed upon the individual, the dogmas and doctrines been down pressed on individuals.
The person is simply let be to design their path and chose what they wish. When a man or woman chooses their spirituality or religion, they are not doing it because of others, i am sure the person simply does it because they are attracted to it. For example why do ones choose ancient kemet spirituality or religion? is it because it is the oldest, in its truest form (or what that persons choice may be) or simply because of others?

Still each person has a reason why they are attracted to something. We are more or less the same from that point of view. The modern world today can not be equated into that question because everything has been poisoned. For one to simply state that evil actions have been committed due to actions of people in todays world would simply be denying themselves a real reason to trully overstand what differentiates religion from spirituality.

Bless.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/23/2016 11:25:56 PM

Speaking for Iself, spirituality is knowing the Creator in ALL things, feeling that Divine Love from the wind off a butterfly's wings, or the smile on your child's face.

Not from doctrines, tenets, dogma, a third party connection to the Most High (pope, etc), church or book.

From the poet Khalil Gibran:

And he who defines his conduct by ethics imprisons his song-bird in a cage.
The freest song comes not through bars and wires.

And he to whom worshipping is a window, to open but also to shut, has not yet visited the house of his soul whose windows are from dawn to dawn.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/24/2016 11:00:06 AM

Give thanks Idrens. I most definately never mixed up I words, InI say DOWN with religion as the grand master teachers advised. Organised religio with its literal binding, none at all. Man can quote HIM all they like but the fact remains that this trod by definition and by default is anti religion from every rasta different

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 5/24/2016 3:28:22 PM

True Religion is to know consciously. Conscious experience has nothing to do with dogma or belief, but it's a living reality.

As Garvey I stated, Rastafari is anti-dogma livity. I for one think the Rasta movement is a progression. Being that it is still in its infancy. Not all the cards are on the table.....

Rastafari should be the synthesis of all molded into one. It wasn't meant to be this mansion and that mansion etc.

Since all these spiritual systems came from us, Rastafari is simply the returning back to the original source.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/24/2016 4:11:06 PM

RASTAFARHI !

Real thing

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/24/2016 6:32:11 PM

SANKOFA!!!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/24/2016 7:13:47 PM

RasTafarI is the next step in Consciousness. I and I are writing the RasTafarI Scriptures each day I and I Live and Learn. Continually Burning out unconsciousness, until I and I become Itinual Consciousness.

When I and I finally Learn to accept one another without division; I and I can Build the Heights that Inite I and I instead of clashing over differences that cause division.

Messenger: ConsciousRas Sent: 5/24/2016 10:05:27 PM

Blessed love,
I trully support the fact that Rastafari is a higher consciousness. That is the the foundation of the movement. When iman talk about religions, i am simply elaborating its essence with in man and not the dogma/doctrines that tend to hold religion down. Everything was created for a divine purpose. It is up to an indiidual to find their center and be one with the universe.
As one of my favourite poets Rumi says; I looked to smallest things they are whirling and praying and I looked to biggest things (galaxies,stars,planets) they are whirling and praying to our Creator. I just joined them.

ini trod can be different from anyone else but it does not mean that because they are differrnt they should oppose with others overstanding. It is not a trod of unison rather a trod of peace and guidance. I find bliss in everything just as Sister Goddess mention, be it the smallest ant walking or the largest bird in the sky, be it what kind of religion ancient or modern. Learning is a never ending process thus i chose to learn everything i can and learn more about this earth.
The reason i shared the post regarding Islam is because it is barely mentioned in the forums for those who did not know now they learned a thing or two.

guidance and love always.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 5/25/2016 5:25:12 AM

The Baye Fall of West Africa are pretty similar to Rasta. They mix Islam with African Traditions.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/25/2016 7:58:59 AM

^the Mouride broherhood of Senegal. Founded by Amadou Bamba who is their 'Mohammed'. It must be commended that these Africans were able to take a possible foreign religion without taking on the 'arabism' and cultural customs attached to it.

Lets not forget that Islam came to West Africa because of arab involvement in international trade. As opposed to any holy epiphony and thing, those dreams all came after Mansa gained his riches ;-)

"While the motivations of early conversions remain unclear, it is apparent that the early presence of Islam in West Africa was linked to trade and commerce with North Africa. Trade between West Africa and the Mediterranean predated Islam, however, North African Muslims intensified the Trans-Saharan trade. North African traders were major actors in introducing Islam into West Africa. Several major trade routes connected Africa below the Sahara with the Mediterranean Middle East, such as Sijilmasa to Awdaghust and Ghadames to Gao. The Sahel, the ecological transition zone between the Sahara desert and forest zone, which spans the African continent, was an intense point of contact between North Africa and communities south of the Sahara. In West Africa, the three great medieval empires of Ghana, Mali, and the Songhay developed in Sahel."

Copy without the spaces:

http://spice.fsi.stanford.edu/docs/the_spread_of_islam_in_west

_africa_containment_mixing_and_reform_from_the_eighth

_to_the_twentieth_century

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I