Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6493&start_row=1

New to the group

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: KweenKali Sent: 4/22/2016 7:04:16 PM

Greeting all,

I have been trying to gain a clearer understanding of Rastafari and would appreciate whatever information you can give. Some things I have always known due to my friendships with other Rastas, but I still have more questions...so please go easy on me, whatever I ask is in earnest, humble respect.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 4/22/2016 9:36:44 PM

Greetinz and welcome Kween!

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 4/24/2016 2:51:55 AM

Greetings and blessed Love Sister, in the name and Irit of His Imperial Majesty and Her Imperial Highness.
Feel free to ask whichever questions the I have.
Which part of the planet is the I writing from?

Messenger: EVOLUTION Sent: 4/24/2016 9:32:31 PM

Welcome...in the name of the MOST HIGH JAH RASTAFARI SELASSIE I...

BLESSED LOVE...

Messenger: KweenKali Sent: 4/30/2016 10:31:11 PM

Thank you for the warm greeting! I'm curious what is Rastafari? What do you do as a Rasta?

Messenger: KweenKali Sent: 4/30/2016 10:32:36 PM

I'm in the north eastern U.S.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/1/2016 4:03:04 AM

Love + honor Kween
Thanks for answering that question... Hope everything is fine up there. JAH bless+sings and peace

Give thankhs also for asking these questions... I think instead of asking the question "what is Rastafari", you should be asking "WHO is Ras TafarI?" Unless you already know the answer to that question? But I think if that were the case, then the answer of What is Rastafari would be more clear.

Tafari Makonen was born in Ethiopia. Upon earning governorship, Tafari took on the title of Ras (meaning a Head, like a military leader). This is where we get the name Ras Tafari. As co-ruler with his cousin Empress Zauditu, Ras Tafari became Negus (King) Tafari. When he came to be the sole ruler of Ethiopia, Tafari was coronated as Emperor, King of Kings of Ethiopia, as The Conquering Lion of the tribe of Judah, Elect of The Almighty, Light of the World (these are Tafari's legal titles... If you are familiar with biblical theology you may recognize them); Tafari chose to use his baptismal name as his official name as Emperor: Qedamawi Haile Selahsay (Haile Selassie the First). This name means Power of the Trinity. The Lion of Judah revealed HIMself to the world as the most egalitarian emperor in history, striving endlessly to uplift Africans, both in the west and in Afrika, and to show womban all the respect she deserves, and promoting as well education and peace among humankind.

Qedamawi Iylah Selahsay is the manifestation of the Almighty, through righteousness he proved HIMself to be so. Ras Tafari shows us that humans can be divine. Man of right is God in flesh, womban of right is Goddess in flesh. So the answer to the question of "what" is Rastafari, Rastafari is JAH. Rastafari is also the awakening of the Highest Self, the source of all our consciousness, which is also the Almighty. In the same way Tafari Makonen manifest divine love and righteousness, so we manifest the divine unity with the Almighty. That is the answer to "what do you do as a Rasta". When you realize that the Almighty is the source of all life and all positive, creative energy, then you realize that there is truly no separation between one who acts according to the guidance of the Almighty, and the Almighty. There is no separation between such individuals either, which is why we call "you" I, I&I, and why we are Ras TafarI, not Rastafar"ians".

King Tafari is also Black Messiah. Whether or not "Jesus" was a real person, and whether or not Iyesus was an Afrikan, the title Messiah is not exclusive to only one person, nor has it ever been. Priests of Aaron, David, Saul, and others in the biblical texts are referred to (in the Hebrew text, carefully hidden in English translations) as "Moshiyach", a Hebrew word which is anglicized to Messiah. The first biblical description of the anointing process (mashach) that leads to a person accepting the title Anointed One (moshiyach)(messiah does not mean "the son of God" or "savior", but refers specifically to having been anointed) is in the book of Exodus, and this same procedure was used in the coronation ceremony of Haile Selassie I. This along with the fact that Ras TafarI is an Afrikan leads to the truth of his existence as Black Messiah. The practical implications of these facts are up to you to study and decipher.

Although Selassie I is I&I, the Most High, many people on the trod of RastafarI do not live exactly in the manner of His Imperial Majesty or his Empress Her Imperial Highness, choosing to seek the highest standards of natural and healthful living, such as Ital eating and rejection of comb and razor, being guided by the Most I which is within I&I. This is also where some Rasta move beyond bible theology, seeking instead the foundational Afrikan spiritual truths that were "borrowed" at the very least in the writing of that text.

RastafarI respects Life and acknowledges Afrikans as the builders of human culture and technological knowledge, and therefore works for the justice and rightful glory of Afrika and her people, even while loving and treating with justice all of creation. RastafarI rejects artificiality, unnaturality, and domestication (subjugation) of the human spirit.

Selahsay I Live Itinually

Messenger: KweenKali Sent: 5/1/2016 9:46:16 AM

Thank you for such a thorough answer to my questions! Yes, I am aware of some of what you discussed but I do, now, have a greater understanding and it makes sense. You've given me a great foundation to continue my research :-)
Also can you explain the Mansions of Rastafari?

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 5/2/2016 2:23:04 PM

Blessed Love and well come KweenKali and long time Ones,

InI am Living ina northeast US (NJ) nowadays. Good to Imember not iveryone 'round here is close minded and negative. Been a big change getting used to the culture here compared to soCali. I Give thankhs for strength in numbers and like minded vibrations.
Please do not hesitate to ask I and I Queen Lioness for any help or Q's I will do I best to answer along side the Other Blessed Family
on this reasoning.

ONENESS!

(Regarding the I mansions Question,)
I personally feel even though these superficial differences DO exist it is very minor and as long as One WORKS for liberation of the downpressed and fights injustice anywhere, Hailes Emperor and Empress, strives to live ina right way - peace full livity, having Humbleness, having glory in JAH, naturality and such, We are - all the same. ALL THE SAME.
That is the culture, that is the Life.ALL THE SAME!
TRUE LOVE and ONENESS for all genuinely motivated JAH Children Worlwide !

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 5/2/2016 2:36:59 PM

So JAH say =

"Spirituality is not Theology or Ideology. It is simply a way of life, pure and original as was give by the Most High of creation. Spirituality is a network linking us to the Most High, the Universe and each other."

-Emperor Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I