Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6490&start_row=1

4 Ezra / Jewish Apocalypse of Ezra

1 - 2
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras InI 7 Sent: 4/20/2016 3:51:48 AM

Greetings in the name of Haile Selassie I, the returned Messiah.

I would like to share a book that I feel is inspired by the Most High. It is called 4 Ezra or the Jewish Apocalypse of Ezra. It is often considered to be apocrypha. However, the Ethiopian Orthodox Church regards it as canonical. The book consists of chapters 3-14 (see Wikipedia on 4 Ezra for more information).

Here's a link to the book: 4 Ezra / Jewish Apocalypse of Ezra

May the Lord guide I and I.

Messenger: Ras InI 7 Sent: 8/21/2016 8:26:44 AM

Some quotations from Introduction to 4 Ezra:

"Although the book purports to be written by Ezra in Babylon thirty years after the destruction of Jerusalem (3:1), it is clearly written much later than that, around 90-100 AD, in response to the Roman destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70. Though ‘Babylon’ may correspond to Rome, the book could have been written in Palestine. In this case, the Babylon reference is not the location of the author but a fiction (allegory - Ras InI 7's note) supporting the use of the name Ezra."

"There are a series of revelatory experiences or visions. Ezra encounters an angelic messenger. The visionary prediction of historical events culminates in promises of divine intervention, messianic rule and the final judgment, with vindication for the righteous."

"Ezra dreams of an eagle coming from the sea. Although Ezra identifies it with the fourth kingdom described in Daniel (4 Ezra 12:11, cf. Dan 7:7), probably the Greek Empire, it almost certainly represents the Roman Empire."

4Ezra 12
[31] And the Lion, whom thou sawest rising up out of the wood, and roaring, and speaking to the Eagle, and rebuking her for her unrighteousness with all the words which thou hast heard;
[32] This is the Anointed, which the Highest hath kept for them and for their wickedness unto the End: He shall reprove them, and shall upbraid them with their cruelty.
[33] For He shall set them before Him alive in judgment, and shall rebuke them, and correct them.
[34] For the rest of my people shall He deliver with mercy, those that have been pressed upon my borders, and He shall make them joyful until the coming of the Day of Judgment, whereof I have spoken unto thee from the the beginning.

JAH Rastafari, Haile Selassie I!

1 - 2

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I