Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6487&start_row=1

MARCUS GARVEY MOVIE

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 4/19/2016 11:38:25 AM

You may remember him from the films Malcolm X (1992), Gone in 60 Seconds, This Christmas and Romeo Must Die.

And after 2016 you will be able to add Marcus Garvey's biopic to the list of movies that Delroy Lindo has starred in.

Yes! The life and work of Jamaica's first national hero and renown black icon Marcus Garvey is set to be captured in a biopic in which popular British actor Delroy Lindo will star as Garvey.

It's quite fitting that Lindo, 63, was chosen to portray Garvey considering that he was born to Jamaican parents.

He was raised in Lewisham, England, United Kingdom until his teens when he and his mother, a nurse, moved to Toronto in Canada.

He later migrated to United States, where he attended acting school and has since made a name for himself as one of the most talented black actors in Hollywood.

Garvey's biopic comes as no surprise as he is well respected among black populations all over the world.

The STAR has not yet learned of an official release date for the film

http://blacktopicscom.com/062632115dcf

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/19/2016 1:08:11 PM

This is good news about the movie
Although he look nothing like Garvey

So many variables to this as to whether its a success or not. Keep people like spike lee far away. Need to be mindful of who the production team and writers are and where the funding is being sourced. If they try and dilute a thing, its war

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 4/19/2016 1:49:39 PM

I thought the same! They look nothing alike, but I like him as an actor. At least they didn't make the same casting "faux pas" as in the contravertial issue surrounding the new Nina Simone movie...

In being well mindful of who is writing and funding this, I am curious as to why di I mention to "keep Spike Lee" away?

I may have an idea, but interested in di I's reasoning.

ONE

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I