Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6482&start_row=1

The Rasta Deception Somewhat

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 4/12/2016 8:20:15 PM

This video examines the bogus Ganja Festival in Jamaica Nov. 2015 put on by Ras Iyah V, some white people & the Jamaican government. This festival endorses plastic ganja, the organizer is totally ignorant of the clever mindset of the slave master's children to take over.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/13/2016 1:06:48 AM

What is plastic ganja? Is it shatter?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/13/2016 9:40:52 AM

Dem never say or mean it was the first ganja festival but it was the first cannabis cup to be held in jamaica. The man is confusing the world reknown cannabis cup with any a old ganja fest?

It seems the main issue is of how far we wiling to invest with europeans given their history and our only very recent legalisation status. For sure europeans are seeing jamaica now as a fresh area of investment potential (fe dem selves), where rightfully we must be cautious of losing out on our own resources. But having said that im unsure if the cannabis cup itself is to carry all if any of the blame, given the fact they happen in a different country every year

Il watch the rest when i get home, theres an interview that Muta did around the same time WITH one of the participants in the cannabis cup - a grower from california with his own chain of medicinal marjuana outlets. Now that whiteman could barely contain his excitement for his plans to 'takeover'

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 4/13/2016 10:38:16 AM

The term "plastic ganja", is referring to what ini define as "artificial weed", ganja grown INDOORS, under artificial lights as opposed to being nourishef by the the sun and natural earth. The author of the video is addressing foreign influence, or "take over" by institutions like High Times against the long time traditiond of Rasta ganja farmers.

Defending the history and integrity of the original Ganja Festival in Jamaica, for and by Rastafari people, as opposed to this one funded and supported by High Times with some kinda white hippy vibes. A kind of white social club for white ganja smokers in the name of Rastafari, comin' like Christopher Columbus who claim to be the "first", when in fact Rasta has been having ganja roots rasta festival long long before this here one.

"These things are STRICTLY RASTA business!"

The Jamaican government is now exploiting ganja business and ganja farmers with their trickery and greed, and using some (in this case Ras Iyah V), as their "overseer"

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 4/13/2016 11:17:37 AM

I hear you Garveys, but they should call it "high times fest" or something, as opposed to giving it the title "first Ganja fest", which apparently been an already established Rasta thing from long time. And as di I mention, we must be cautious, for InI already KNOW this game...

A leopard doesn't change its spots.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 4/14/2016 1:16:08 AM

this indoor n outdoor ganja a gi I man life...

Mi selling di ting n its very expensive mostly afforded by white folks

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 4/14/2016 11:42:57 AM

"A ganja plant grown in the soil of a specific region, surrounded by other plants, steeped in moonlight and the subtle air currents of Nature and under the light of the actual Sun grows differently than a plant grown in a sterile environment under lights, with no insects or birds or worms or moonlight. This kind of environment elicits a different end result that is consistent, but lacking in subtle unique ways that are essential to an exquisite end product"

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/14/2016 1:19:56 PM

This is true for sativa strains but im not convicned for indicas, and strains from a colder less welcoming climate than the ganja fields of the carribean.

I also think the quality of the grower demself have more of a significance on the end result. A slack farmer outdoor cant compete with a professional and experienced farmer indoor, and vice versa. For every "pro" of growing outdoors you mention there may be a counter argument for indoor such as better security and more accurate pest and tempertaure control, and more control over other important variables in the grow (pH, ppm concentration, humidity, air circulation, UV exposure etc)

I think that it all really depends. And after all that, if the farmerman then dont dry and cure it right its another worries

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 4/14/2016 3:25:03 PM

Drying and curing a one thing I was slack in in I own trial but all wha bun da thing attested to its goodness.

I would say tho Cannabis CUP would be a different supm to Ganja Fest.

Right tho Goddess leopard ain ago change he spot.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/16/2016 12:02:46 AM

Both have an impact, but I think soil vs water has a bigger impact than the light vs sun.

They have compared vegetables with a spectrometer and organic soil grown vegetables are more dense with natural chemical components than hydroponic. Hydroponic chemicals usually provide the basic necessities for growth, but not the extra properties that are found in soil.

It is possible in some circumstances that not all those components are good depending on what is in the soil, even natural soil. But in general, most of the additional natural chemical components in the soil are beneficial, while others have no significant effect.

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I