Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6469&start_row=11

RASTA COUNCIL OF GHANA SEEK TO BAN ALKALINE

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/5/2016 1:23:22 AM

So why allow the other two pum pum business dancehall artist to line up next to the ghana pum pum artist, and choose to focus on this one youth?

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 4/5/2016 11:10:54 AM

In the end, what is considered "garbage" is a matter of perspective.

Some would consider the westernized bible to be quite misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal,
megalomaniacal and sadomasochistic, yet it is fed to our children as The Infallible Truth, as "food" for the soul.

There are many reggae artists that deal with "pum pum business", in their own styles:

Bob Marley - Stir it up
Max Romeo - Wet Dreams
Beenie Man - Slam
Shabbat Ranks- Wicked Inna Bed, Mr. Lover man
I Roy - Welding
Gregory Isaak - Champion Bubbler

While many Christian groups have dismissed the artist as a negative influence on young minds, Alkaline’s of stage persona includes a bright academic career including holding six Caribbean Secondary Education Council (CSEC) degrees and is a student at the University of West Indies, Mona studying Communication.

While Alkaline is not signing up to be anyone’s role model at the moment, he promises there will be some positive songs in his catalogue soon, “Like the alkaline battery has a negative and a positive end and variety is the spice of life so more while we will have some positive songs”.

http://www.numusiczone.com/blog/alkaline-dancehalls-new-wonder-kid-or-just-a-lost-boy/

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 4/5/2016 12:45:21 PM

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 4/5/2016 1:01:43 PM

DADA BUN DEM OUT ALREADY

longer version (better quality)

shorter version (not so good quality)

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 4/5/2016 1:08:19 PM

I think they need to ban ALL dem christian missionaries from entering GhanaAfrica with their negativity on the youths African mind.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/5/2016 3:01:16 PM

Ya Kno!!!!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/5/2016 3:05:04 PM

Rasta Goddess, champion slack playlist. Add some General Echo and the thing gone!

I know many of these ras are bible pushing rasta. The I is saying it could be argued the bible is of more an offense in africa than slack music. Lol ! I affi laugh

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 4/5/2016 3:17:17 PM

LOL! Yes mi bredren, that is EXACTLY what mi ah say!

The affects have been FAR MORE detrimental to InI in the long run.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 4/5/2016 10:21:33 PM

Speaking of "pum pum"...

Though we can ALL agree that the degradation of the Afrikan Woman is unacceptable, be it in holy books or in music, its interesting that religious and biblical symbols are full of references to the Yoni...and offence is not taken!

Yoni - Life giving Sacred Gate. The yoni is a symbol of the female life-giving organ and is symbolic of regeneration and new life. Another name for the Yoni is the Vescica Piscis or 'Vessel of the Fish';

Yoni Mudra - Look familiar? Yoni is the sacred Tantric term for the vulva and womb, life portal

Furthermore you will find in much of the early Christian art examples of Christ, the angels and the saints emerging from a Yoni motif

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 4/6/2016 11:01:17 AM

RastaGoddess, this Yoni reasoning deserves a thread of its own..!

(By the way, I was blocking a reverence a couple of years ago, with some baldheads in the group, and one of them said: "look he's holding the Rasta pussy")

And like Sizzla say in the video, he dont have a problem with dem if they sing about "pum pum", but they sing about and promote 'batty wash', anal sex, oralism and other types of abominations/wickedness and non-life bringing practices.. is this really what the alkaline defenders them a support? I cant condone this things you know. So if the Ras dem in Ghana seek to ban him, why not?
Only back-lash that can come from this is the afforementioned "he might get more popular/intresting to the youth if him get ban"

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I