Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6449&start_row=1

Cockroaches in the home

1 - 1011 - 19
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 3/13/2016 3:45:54 AM

Greetings in the name of His Imperial Majesty Ababa Janhoy
With Love and RASpect to All of Iration

Iwomban wondering what natural and nontoxic solutions the I dem have for cockroaches in the home. I am not one for killing creatures, even insects, but I am not really comfortable letting cockroaches roam all over the kitchen either. Any home remedies the I's can suggest to repel them out of the house? Plant oils or something like this?

One Love
And Fqr

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 3/13/2016 10:21:09 AM

InI respect all life, but I have no love for roaches! Especially not in my home. They don't like mint and tea tree oil.

Use about 25-30 drops of mint essential oil in 1 cup of water into a spray bottle, spraying in hard to reach areas, under kitchen cabinets, cracks, and doors. Do this once a week.

Also, you can use tea tree oil on shelves, baseboards, etc.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 3/13/2016 11:19:27 AM

I&I give thankhs Empress
I have those oils already, just need to find a spray bottle and I will give it a try (;
Love Iverytime

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 3/14/2016 1:18:45 PM

Bless Iyah Sistrens.

Curious if d I located in cali? Lol
Seen dat roaches be on nearly every continent right But I notice d roaches flourish heavily there, causing Iman some grief aswell.
Even w we xtreme tidiness some remain. The whole 'hood have them so hard to keep em out one apt in dtLA. Give thankhs

Wha da meaning? Fqr? Forgive I ignorance of d term.
I Humble I self & learn from d Wise Queens again & again.

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 3/14/2016 1:49:44 PM

I read the I post from Shashemane Just now. Big RASpect. Even More Love.
Great Inspiration. Big up yaSelf. IandI bless up the I same way.
Strength & Courage. I Infer Shasha no more dangerous then anywhere else in d world today yes? Let JAH people be Itected from harm whereIver they may be.
Hope to make a first visit One day w ok permission of the Family.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 3/14/2016 4:17:46 PM

Greetinz an Love Evison,

Ironically, both Jah Child and I live in Cali! LOL

(though she is blessed to be in Ethiopia at this time)

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 3/14/2016 6:39:01 PM

Roach problems in Cali, dowtwn LA?

Just imagine the country of the humid south, weh u get gnats in da daytime mosquitoes at night, lady bugs and love bug mating times, some lil fuzzy white bugs no ones knows what dem is. Then come go ina house to deal with cockiroaches and field rats.

I had some distant relatives (younger fellows) who came down said they like it out here they just couldnt deal with the bugs lol.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 3/15/2016 3:23:20 AM

One Love Idren + Istren
Yes Idren Matafale, as the Impress said, I am from Cali (San Diego). Yes I am now in Shashemane, giving thankhs. In SD I never dealt with cockroaches. I hear they like meat juices so I suspect they were hiding inside the stove when I bought it second-hand. Now they have moved into the walls (I see them go behind the light switch when they run from me).
Yes I, now I am in Ethiopia I am trying to learn and use more Amarigna (Amharic language). Fqr is the transliteration (the english pronounciation) of the Amarigna word for "love" (as a noun). The Amarigna word for "one" is and. And, hulet, sost, arat, amst, sdst, sebat, smnt, zetayn, asr. So when I say And Fqr I am sayin One Love!
True that Shashemane is no more dangerous than the rest of the world. Shashemane BLESSED actually, in many ways is more free and more peaceful than elsewhere. And people here Love His Majesty, even if they dont fully Overstand RastafarI. I went to Addis a few days ago and when I was there, no one said to I "Selassie I" or "Blessed Love." But in Shashemane, RasTa Love is everywhere, da I can seldom even walk on the street without greeting another Rasta. So needless to say Shashemane is very special. I dunno what the I mean, permission from the family to come visit Shashemane, but on this side, the Family is ready to welcome the I.

VDR the I have a good point! I was born in swampy Florida, so I know bugs for sure. True that California is no comparison... Even Shashemane doesnt have bugs like the south!
But whats the I solution for roaches in the home? Any natural suggestions?

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 3/15/2016 7:15:16 AM

Unfotunately I have no solution to the roach/bug problem, I guess it like the "when turn to Western medicine thread for I.
Even when roaches arent seen sometime they still in deh and a just be in the walls..

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 3/15/2016 8:34:28 AM

ok.....Give many Thankhs for that lesson JAH Child! Serious.
And, hulet, sost, arat, amst, sdst, sebat, smnt, zetayn, asr.
These all are same as AND?

I just mean it would maybe be nice to visit w the help of a local Rasta and maybe have some links before. But not necessary I suppose as I and I are Global Itizens.

Yes Iyah VDR I was in N.O. 2012 for a visit, have fam in mandeville.
I agree more bugs but such a nice place anyway I and I have considered moving there someday actually. Good music scene so much better than LA.
I was blessed to enjoy rebirth brass band and Duane Burns.
people cool I talked w too.

Wish I had a recommend for d bugs unfortunately I do not as yet.
I think they are attracted to anything edible for them.

more fqr ;>

1 - 1011 - 19

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I