Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6422&start_row=11

Remember when i talkeb about the Political Rasta? Must read ;)

1 - 1011 - 19
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 11/14/2018 3:09:52 AM

Beautifully stated Babu Nesta1!
I like it.
Only to add the importance of nyabinghi musik aswell as ska, reggae etc. The power of Queen Mahumusu lives on in our heart beat 1 2 drumming shaking and chanting since she was here in iman area long ago in the flesh. Now we RASTAFARI keep this important trodition alive today and for iver!
Power of words and sounds cannot and simply will not be ignored or underrated by i and i
Nyabinghi foriver!

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 11/14/2018 3:40:54 AM

Oh so True. JAH transmits the awareness and sense of Livity into our hearts and souls through all different kinds of music. "It gives great joy to feel such sweet togetherness."
The Awesome power of JAH music (of many different types) to defeat the System's barriers and overcome Babylon should never be underestimated.

Messenger: Angel in Zion Sent: 11/14/2018 3:06:16 PM

Wonderful Jah Seeker, you are bringing tears to my eyes. I met Ras Sam Brown in DC in 1996. He was a very humble man full of knowledge. At the time I did not know the significance of this man, he just sat and reasoned with me about life for about a hour. A chance to talk with the elders was something I always enjoyed. After our spiritual talks and communion he gave me a copy of his album that was signed by him and he said Jah will always be with you and I never heard or saw him again until you posted this today. Jah Seeker, may Jah bless and guide your steps in life. Big Up my brother.

Messenger: Angel in Zion Sent: 11/14/2018 3:52:54 PM

You all raised my energy today. Give thanks. This is what I am talking about learning about our history.

Messenger: Angel in Zion Sent: 11/14/2018 4:05:03 PM

My bad Evison Matafale Skræling, I just saw the dates and this was posted over 2 years ago but you brought it to our attention recently. Give thanks idren. Still tears of joy!

Messenger: Angel in Zion Sent: 11/14/2018 5:33:01 PM

Here I am 22 years later reminiscing about the meeting. I wondered why the meeting was so private in an small apartment, guarded by Rasta brethren on the lookout. Now I know the fullness of that meeting. The Klan would not leave me alone. They do not want the truth to be known. Those visions I had as a child are written in Revelations. No wonder. Thanks for piecing another piece of the puzzle I did not have. I have met so many great people in my lifetime.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 11/16/2018 12:42:50 PM

wikipedia:
Haile Selassie introduced Ethiopia's first written constitution on 16 July 1931,[67] providing for a bicameral legislature.[68] The constitution kept power in the hands of the nobility, but it did establish democratic standards among the nobility, envisaging a transition to democratic rule: it would prevail "until the people are in a position to elect themselves."[69] The constitution limited the succession to the throne to the descendants of Haile Selassie, a point that met with the disapprobation of other dynastic princes, including the princes of Tigrai and even the emperor's loyal cousin, Ras Kassa Haile Darge.

Question:
Is the hesitancy for Rasta to engage in politics a consequence of local corruption or the result of a deeper indictment of the political process? I'm asking for clarity because is it not true that HIM instituted a path to democracy? Did he not intend for the people to elect themselves; therefore by not doing so, aren't "we the people" abdicating to some degree to the lusts of men with less morality and unrighteous intent?

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 11/17/2018 1:48:30 AM

The political system of America the Babylon is corrupt to the core and is the instrument of the enslavement of the bodies and minds of our brethren and sistren. We RastafarI abhor it and most do not participate in dignifying, through participation, the notion of a "democracy" which is actually just a farce.

With no exceptions, we must recall that His Majesty is the incarnation of God in human form, but nevertheless he still dealt with a fallen world. What His Majesty did or didn't try to do must always be considered and viewed in the context that He is the King of Kings, the Lord or Lords, the Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, and hence possesses a wisdom and privilege to act in ways which far exceed those of ordinary men.

As RastafarI, our chosen form of governance is a monarchy led by our benevolent Father of Creation. When you stop to think about it there is nothing inherently good or righteous about the notion of democracy; we are simply inculcated with a brainwashing that 'democracy is the best from of governance' from our earliest youth. In practice however this is not the case. By far the best form of governance is the monarchy ruled over by our Benevolent Father, JAH RastafarI.

Refusal to participate in an inherently corrupt, deceptive and wicked system is certainly one's democratic choice and it is the choice of many (but not all) RastafarI.

One Truth Idureth: One cannot possibly hope to remedy the horrific atrocities and injustices of the Babylon System through the institutions, working and machinations of that very same system. To believe so and enter into such an initiative is utter folly.

"It takes a revolution to make a solution
Too much confusion, so much frustration, eh
I don't want to live in the park
Can't trust no shadows after dark
So, my friend, I wish that you could see
Like a bird in the tree, the prisoners must be free, yeah
Never make a politician grant you a favour
They will always want to control you forever"
-Bob Marley & the Wailers

SEEK YE FIRST THE KINGDOM OF JAH AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS AND ALL THESE THINGS SHALL BE ADDED.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 11/17/2018 5:43:33 AM

I&i reminded of one more object lesson about politics and the path of Righteousness down here in Babylon. In the early 1990s, I&i worked a very righteous African brother named Sam Kiwanuka to outfit his Samsek Organization AIDS sufferers clinic & orphanage on his native Ssese Islands in Uganda. Sam was a very well-educated and energetic man who had climbed out of poverty in Africa to eventually move to Seattle (where i met him) and work for the Boeing Company. But Sam could never disconnect for long from his Ugandan roots, and when AIDS hit his homeland and family hard he returned to do relief work for the people who were hit the hardest.

Sam did so much good work through his SAMSEK Organisation, but he wanted to do more and so he decided to run for the Ugandan Parliament. As we sat on his veranda one night in Kampala and he shared his ambitions with me, i expressed to him my concern that the corruption of the political world would contaminate his soul and the righteousness of what he was trying to accomplish. Nevertheless, Sam was a strong, independent spirit and he was convinced that the best way to accomplish more to help AIDS victims and the problems of Uganda was to work through the system. Sam was charismatic and was easily elected as an MP when he ran.

About a year of so later, Sam was killed when the boat he was traveling on from Kampala to the Ssese Islands in Lake Victoria exploded and burned.
I&i know that everything happens for a reason but we often don’t understand that reason. I&i couldn’t help thinking that Sam sealed his fate when he decided to follow politics as a means to the good ends he was trying to achieve. Some would say that the one had nothing to do with the other, but i just could never shake the feeling that it did.

1 - 1011 - 19

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I