Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6410&start_row=1

Africa for African's ... Or can I earn my place.

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SoMuchThingsToSay Sent: 2/8/2016 6:52:42 PM

Greetings.

I would like to dwell deeper into Marcus Garvey's famous belief of Africa for Africans, and how this is perceived within this RasTafari community.

If you don't know me from previous posts, I am Ethiopian only through spirit and through the knowledge of where we as man come from, but as I have mentioned before, God sent me as a white man, here in England, coming from Noah's son Japheth's Europe.

Later in 2016 I travel to Ethiopia to start a building project, we are building houses this year and each year forthcoming, and aim to build a hospital within the next 10, if all goes to plan.

My question to you all is, will I face any hardship as a Europian Rasta?

Africa for African's in spirit, or here on earth, can we too earn a place in the promised land?

Thank you all. Jah Bless

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/8/2016 8:25:43 PM

Don't look for a promise land in one place, especially in a place not promised to you. The whole world needs to be transformed into a promised land. Africa is for Africans, not Europeans.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 2/8/2016 9:25:13 PM

Why do ones look outside themselves for themselves?

Roots and culture, why not dig into your roots as Ark I (a white European) learning more of he own Serbian heritage for self?

Why look to Africa when African spirtuality deals with ANCESTORS?

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 2/9/2016 6:37:08 PM

We applaud your intentions and efforts towards building in Ethiopia. There are many who reap the joys and fruits of RasTafari, yet few who put forth works, so InI can only extend humble thanks unto those who actively Itribute.

That being said, there is a fine line to be addressed, when it comes to white rastas inna we movement/village. It is the position of unconscious privilege. There is a historical pattern of this behavior, both subconscious and conscious, which has rendered us rightfully suspicious.

I think it very important to overstand Garvey and his role in the Afrikan Liberation movement. Be you Afrikan or European, it must be overstood that Garvey is one of the corner stones of Rastafari. In fact, Afrikan History IS World History! If true history was being taught to ALL, I believe race relations would greatly improve. As long as lines weren't blurred and correct credit was given Afrikan People and our contributions to the world.

If I go into another's village and offer gifts or assistance, I must do so humbly, without expecting anything in return other then satisfaction with self.

Messenger: 2oldreefers Sent: 3/16/2016 9:41:04 AM

Good morning all,
This is my first post so will introduce myself, then proceed to question. I'm a 53 year old white american that has spent his entire life in the livity, yet until just last fall (Sept) did not realize that it was JAH Rastafari that I was living. Visited St Croix for first time in Sept. 2015 and met a Crucian Rastaman. We spent couple days exploring the island and sharing thoughts! As the thoughts deepened I began to see that it was JAH and the livity that I had been seeking all along. For the first time in my life, I felt connected to others! Finally, to realize I do in fact have brothers and sisters all over, has been an almost overwhelming joy. My life path has grown stronger since that time. I have begun to seek a greater understanding of the livity, and how to share with others, but have found many questions along the way. Please bare with my ignorance!
Most of what I have read about the livity is already much of how I lived daily without knowing JAH Rastafari! Much talk is of returning to the fatherland, yet it nearly always speaks of the black man. Do these continual references incure that only black man can return to the fatherland? Did not all man, black, white, yellow or red, come from Afrika? Both the book and science are teaching us so. If I speak of our ancestral roots, then I speak of Australopithicus, not just my father, grandfather, etc, etc. I share this common ancestor with all races! With this understanding, I'm not sure how the promised land would be for blacks (or any particular race, for that matter) exclusively?
This seems to be a good place for information about how others are spending the livity. I appreciate all the positive energy that has been shared!
Peace

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 3/16/2016 10:44:36 AM

Greetings,

Truth is not partial. If you sight and acknowledge Jah Rastafari, InI give thanks.

Yes, all of humanity begins in Afrika. And yes, the original Black Man/Woman are the mother and father of all. The back to Afrika movement was intended and founded for Black People in resistance to white supremacy, racism and slavery. Not out of cultural romanticism, but for our very survival as a people.

So I wonder...why would whites, who are sole carriers of the "white skin privileged card" want to be part of the Back to Afrika movement? Whites can pretty much live and prosper anywhere in the world.

If whites TRULY overstand InI culture, history and experience, then I'm sure they must equally and naturally overstand that...

Afrika for Afrikan. At home and abroad.

Until that day...

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/16/2016 2:42:28 PM

Austrapolithicus is not a man. It is not homo sapian sapian. Sure, it has been suggested it may be an ancestor of, but is not man. Man born as a blackman in Africa. A group of these blackman / early homosapian left africa and THEN transformed into the other races. The whiteMAN does not originate in africa. The Indoeuropean come from indoeurope

Garvey say africa for the africans there is no skip around. Europeans on african soil are visiting guests some invited some not but cannot claim the land title or power as their own in Jah sight

Messenger: 2oldreefers Sent: 3/16/2016 3:07:48 PM

RastaGoddess, and all,
I have always been both respectful of, and shameful of slavery. I cannot even think that I can understand what it may be like to know that you, your family, families family, and further have had to endure the atrocity of slavery.No good came from, is from, or will come out of slavery! Only history! I do know if my anglo ancestors dealt directly with slavery! Even without this knowledge, I have a feeling of shame to the point of not wanting to be acknowledged as a part of our human race.
I'm not necessarily wanting to be a part of the Back to Afrika movement, although I am respectful to all of it. I think I am trying to understand how it can only be a black thing, when our common acknowledgement of a same ancestor would give all, that same gift of returning to all's fatherland.
Does living and prospering have to do with ones physical worldly location? Ones possessions, bank accounts, "things" ? JAH has provided for all (give thanks) and I prosper because I treat self, all brothers and sisters, and the Almighty with equal love. This has no relevance to my physical location, nor to my race, social status, or even which white ruled, Capitalistic, system I am living under.
Thanks you for your thoughts as it has helped me to search more! Knowledge is a wonderful gift!
Peace

Messenger: 2oldreefers Sent: 3/16/2016 3:36:32 PM

GA,
Thank you for joining and sharing your thoughts! Communication is a wonderful thing!
Australopithicus is not Homo sapien, correct! Whether a man, or not, is only opinion! Science has shown all of us that Australopithicus are an early ancestor of Homo sapien. Science has also shown us the gradual change from one ancestor to the next. It has shown us all how the migration out of Africa occured. How once dark skinned people, began to have lighter, and lighter, and lighter skin color! Ultimately in time to become a more direct ancestor to me than my older, more ancient, black ancestor. We are from the same dust, and will return to the same some day!
Peace

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/16/2016 6:30:32 PM

Yes all life come from the sun. But we are talking about nationality and rights of land entitlement of Man. The lighter races did not originate in Africa. What does that have to do with a theory of evolution dealing with man before man. All of this is historical semantics to distract one from the answer which you have recievee but do not like. Once you overs and accept that you are a guest in Africa, and that africa will rely on africans for its freedom away from foreign control; then anything after will fall into place.

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I