Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6398&start_row=1

Fqr from Shashemane

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/4/2016 9:47:21 AM

Blessed love to Ones and Ones...
Iwomban here in JAH land, Shashemane Ethiopia. Giving thankhs to Igziabher!

It is not quite what I imagined here, the population being mostly Muslim it seems, and only a very small minority of RastafarI. From what the Idrens tell I, the fire is very hot here, Rasta have been killed, or the government takes their land. Three years ago the number was about 2000, now it is 200, because many people have gone away to escape the persecution. At the same time it is a beautiful place in many ways, and the Idren and Istren I have met here are astoundingly friendly and welcoming.

I wonder if the I dem have any ideas or comments on how RasTafarI can Itinue to hold firm and even grow beyond the former population here in Shashemane. It seems beyond shameful that RasTafarI can face such persecution in the land that Ab Qidus set aside for the I's, when even in babylon Rasta are left alone to do their thing, or even admired in pop culture.

Itinual Love + th ANKHs for life
JAH Qedamawi Iylah Selahsay

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 2/4/2016 10:17:01 AM

Everyone and more importantly those of tgat land dont share the same views as Rasta. Since its majority Muslim the views will likely VERY different and concerning HIS Majesty, then ethnicity might play a roll.

I coukdnt offer any solutions but if ones willing to endure then endure somethings are to expected tho. There is a different authority in that land now from when the land was given.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 2/4/2016 10:34:35 AM

Greetings sistren!! How good and pleasant to "see" di I! Give thanks for di I's experience and observations of InI sacred land. Persecution against JAH children prevail...at home and abroad. Stay safe, enjoy di vibez, absorb all you can, send greetings to all di Idren from InI who are here in the belly of the beast....and PLEASE share pictures with InI, if you can.

Take a swim in Lake Tana! :)

Oneness

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/5/2016 12:49:32 AM

Greetings, nice to hear from the I. That is a big change in population in just three years. Did something change in the last couple years that made things much worse, or people were just fed up with it?

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 2/8/2016 12:09:35 AM

This news article was just posted of murder upon Rastafari Elder in Shashamane

Lets pray for Shashamane. Works must be done.

"A Murder in Ethiopia Shows the Rastafarian Promised Land Is Far From Heavenly"

://news.vice.com/article/a-murder-in-ethiopia-shows-the-rastafarian-promised-land-is-far-from-heavenly

Messenger: EVOLUTION Sent: 2/8/2016 7:26:40 AM

Greetings...sad!!! will pray...

BLESSED LOVE...

Messenger: ConsciousRas Sent: 2/9/2016 12:17:05 AM

Tena yistilign sistren,
Glad the i arrived well an sound in Jah Land shashamane.
Yes i, the place totally chaned with the new government that entered last year. Rastaman is nt very safe there all because of the herb problem. Im thinking ethiopia does not want to legalize or decriminalize thus they persecute rastas while they burn all the fields of ganja. Has the i linked up with negus foundation bredrins there as well. If so it woukd be a blessing for iman to hear word soud and power from them too.
Yes i makesure to burn the good herb of shashamane its a strong highgrade with good energy for meditation.
The land that was given to the rastas was actually taken back as the government builds projects there and does other busines. Its trully a pity still make sure to visit gondar, harar and where the black israelistie resides as well the falash. Very interesting also in axum and lalibella.
Blessed love and guidance all the way through. Waiting to hear more ini motherland.

Messenger: ConsciousRas Sent: 2/9/2016 12:17:18 AM

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/13/2016 9:40:14 AM

Almighty love to the I's

Yes Sista I would love to post pictures. As of now the internet access is limited and even in wifi cafes the bandwidth is not strong enough for visual material. Some photos of Wendo Genet ("green paradise" named by Abba Janhoy) I would really love the I's to sight. They would make more people wanna come to Ityopia for sure.

Give thankhs Idren Jesse for sharing that news source. I was surprised, and the Idren here also surprised, that I hadn't heard of the event less than a month ago. Good to know the news is being reported, even tho I didnt know where to find it.

Idren Ark I the I VoodooRuutz n ConsciousRas seem to be right about the reason for the condition, that there have been changes in government. Also from what I hear, the tribal powers of the Oromo are trying to take back the land from the Repatriates. Not sure tho if the diminishment in Rasta population is recent, or if the recent example is simply an indicator of an ongoing situation. Seen?

The main thing I am learning is that despite the difficulties, Shashemane is a blessed place and can be even better if more Rasta come here and share the Livity on a vast scale. So I encourage the I's to come and dont hesitate if the I have a positive aspect to share with the Immunity. Also many of the Elders here say that it is the 12 Tribes of Israel that brought them here, and helped them to build homes. I am not sure if the 12 Tribes still help the Is in repatriating, but it is worth looking into for the Is who are interested.

Igziabher yistilign
Qidus fqr ina selam

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 2/13/2016 10:52:05 AM

Yes I! Many thanks for the news and vibez from Ithiopia!

I overstand about the slow Internet sis...no worries. When the time is right. InI are a patient people :)

Love and Itection

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I