Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6383&start_row=91

The Oscars and PTAH

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 92
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 1/28/2016 5:39:59 PM

DOES HIS MAJESTY FEEL THAT THE HISTORY AND SUFFERING OF AFRICAN IS COMPARABLE TO THAT OF OTHER NATIONS?

"We Africans occupy a different—indeed a unique—position among the nations of this century. Having for so long known oppression, tyranny, and subjugation, who with better right can claim for all the opportunity and the right to live and grow as free men? Ourselves for long decades the victims of injustice, whose voices can be better raised in the demand for justice and right for all? We demand an end to colonialism because domination of one people by another is wrong. We demand an end to nuclear testing and the arms race because these activities, which pose such dreadful threats to man’s existence, and waste and squander humanity’s material heritage, are wrong. We demand an end to racial segregation as an affront to man’s dignity which is wrong. We act in these matters in the right, as a matter of high principle. We act out of the integrity and conviction of our most deep-founded beliefs"

When HIM refers to "WE AFRICANS" being victims of colonialism and domination, what nation/people is he referring to?

When he speaks against nuclear threat and the arms race...what nation/people are primarily if not solely responsible for this?

When he speaks of racial segregation, what nation/people is he referring to?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/28/2016 8:26:20 PM

You think Haile Selassie I didn't know who was involved? He knew exactly who was involved.

-------
When HIM refers to "WE AFRICANS" being victims of colonialism and domination, what nation/people is he referring to?
-------
Almost all African nations except for Ethiopia were occupied, so he was speaking of Africans in general.

------
When he speaks against nuclear threat and the arms race...what nation/people are primarily if not solely responsible for this?
------

Not nation, it is nations. At that time, it was United States, United Kingdom, Soviet Union, France and China.

------
When he speaks of racial segregation, what nation/people is he referring to?
------

Not nation, it is nations. At that time, it was United States, Canada, Belgium, Germany, Italy, United Kingdom, France, Portugal, Spain, Netherlands and Sweden

Haile Selassie I is Just and Righteous. You will not find even one speech where he blamed one group of people for what another group did. I know you wish Haile Selassie I thought like you, but that is not the case.

People are guilty for what they do. When I see or hear about wickedness done by an African individual, group or nation, I never deal with the mindset to attribute that behavior to the whole African continent, or those with black skin, or even the people of the nation in general. Who I attribute it to are those involved. I can see in some cases that the people of the nation in general are involved with few exceptions, and in that case putting blame on the nation makes sense. But to generalize the neighbouring African countries who were not involved is ignorance and racism and I would never do that. And to generalize the particular region of Africa or the whole African content, or black people in general, including countries that were were not involved is even worse ignorance and racism, and I wouldn't do that either.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 92

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I