Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6346&start_row=21

if you a ras who doesnt accept the bible

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 123
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Joseph I Sent: 12/21/2015 12:58:15 PM

The message in such gnostic "gospels" as "the Gospel of Miriam" is antithetical to the teachings of orthodox Christianity. Miriam describes "secret wisdom" that only an elite few may know, an underlying "meaning" behind every passage in the conventional gospels. The message is still the gnostic one, which is very individualistic, the opposite of the communal model of the Christianity that succeeded.

Jesus answered him, "I have spoken openly to the world; I always taught in synagogues and in the temple, where all the Jews come together; and I spoke nothing in secret." John 18:20

To clarify, if anyone wanted to follow the same traditions Selassie followed in His life I don't see it out of line with the Bible, therefore its your own decision just as much as the Vow of the Nazarite is a personal decision not requirement.
However, the doctrine that Selassie loved and preached isn't the same that the I have demonstrated to me here.
You seem to not accept what Selassie Himself has said about salvation, comparing it to the traditions that Selassie decidedly kept.
But Selassie didn't say that any other way gives you salvation.
He had salvation from Yeshua, and if you want to enter through those gates to Zion, you need salvation too.
You can spend your entire life researching Afrikan/Kemet history, why leave Yeshua out when Selassie worshiped HIM.
The true ignorance is the denial of your own sin.
That sin separates from Jah, and Yeshua is the answer. Possibly, here's the difference between 12 tribes Ras and others, the 12T Ras follows the doctrine Selassie portrayed in His life with Yeshua as a Savior.
And the other 'rastas' believe that the very doctrine Selassie followed, is too 'westernized'.
If you knew better, you'd know that Ethiopia had their EOC doctrine long before coming into contact with the west.
"the Word remains the same, It transcends all boundaries of empires and all conceptions of race. It is eternal." -Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 12/21/2015 3:56:08 PM

RastaGoddess nuff respect, burning fire as always.

Dear Joseph, i do understand what the I is saying as I too have asked the same question in the past. However, after lot of searching and reading i have changed my viewpoint on certain things. While i maintain the Bible as I and I tool on I and I trod, with spiritual guidance and uplifting messages and holy teaching, i now view it only as ONE perspective.

As in the interview given by Mutabaruka, i share the view that we can no longer only justify His Majesty's divinity through Solomon and Sheba and Biblical understanding. This is an important argument, yes, but not the only one. I have learned that African history, spirituality and tradition goes back thousands of years before the bible, and, more importantly, most if not all things in the Bible come from African religious systems, teachings, tradition and history. Hence it is only natural that some Ras do not take the Bible as the (only) word of God, but trace back to the roots. One can adhere to the Bible if that is the I's wish, but you cannot impose it upon others, Selassie I would burn you for that attitude. Even HIM emphasised spirituality over ANY institutionalised religion, did he not?

To answer your dilemma about following Selassie bot not strictly adhering to Jesus or the Bible, in short:
Just like Jesus was jewish and his followers didn't become jews. RastafarI is a new revelation in this time. You don't put new wine into old wineskins. Why is that so hard to overstand?

The root of all things you seek is from Africa, from ancient,ancient times. Take that from a 22 yr old white boy, lol! Much more to learn and hope the I doesn't take any of this the wrong way.

More fire,

Haile Selassie I, Jah Rastafari

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/21/2015 4:21:14 PM

Eh! Well said Jah Seeker!!

Messenger: Joseph I Sent: 12/21/2015 5:14:40 PM

You're right, they didn't become Jews because they all already were Jews. First we only knew the Father, Yeshua came, spoke of Himself, and The Father. When Yeshua came we learned He's the only way to the Father. Selassie came, spoke of the Bible, spoke of Yeshua, didn't speak of Himself as a deity. Do you think you know better than Selassie does? How can you or why do you, pick and choose what to accept from Selassie if you believe Him to be Jah in flesh? Bible does NOT = institutionalized religion. Yeshua spoke against religion as well.
You're confusing spirituality with religion. If you claim to follow Selassie, but don't do what He tells you, how is that logical?
Better yet, what makes you a Rasta? Believing Him to be God?
Vybz Kartel believes Him to be God too, does that make him a Ras?
You want to gain entrance to Zion right? Listen to Selassie.
He knows the way is in the pages of the bible, pointing to Yeshua.
Selassie didn't say that ancient Afrika or Kemet will give you Salvation. He said Christ does. He said if you don't accept the Bible with clear conscience, you can't HOPE for salvation.
John 8:47 "He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God."

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 12/21/2015 5:23:18 PM

Smoke a spliff and calm down boy. Starting to sound like John I.S. lol!

Messenger: Joseph I Sent: 12/21/2015 5:35:01 PM

I'm keeping cool as can be Idren, I find it laughable that so many claim to be Selassie's follower then reject what He taught.
They just listen to what someone else told them instead of seeking the truth for themselves.
But I see that we will have to agree to disagree.
Give thanks for the reasoning & blessed love always.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 12/21/2015 5:39:46 PM

Hve you noticed something, none of the Ras here that don't strictly adhere to the Bible are imposing their view on you or claiming you are wrong or damned to hell with no chance of salvation? No! Leave it be.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/21/2015 6:12:15 PM

Haile Selassie was a Christian because of a conversion of King Ezana by foreign missionaries in Ethiopia. That's the be all and end all. Rastafari has always been higher than religion yet some stuck on the religion of his majesty.

Haile Selassie I words whe you choose were spoken to a specific people other than I at a time other than now. You can't hold I with those words or that bible. InI see a whole lot more divinity in His Majesty outside of Biblical reference. Knowing the bible is not even the sole reference in many of the historical accounts it tries to deal with. And knowing InI history runs much deeper in terms of his historical achievement and spiritual science. A book like Abba Keddus can reveal some of the reason the Orthodox Ethiopian Church are so unique/mystic is how they have kept (even if hidden) many of the older Axumite traditions and knowledge....... as well as that which ones like the beta Israel already possessed from Nile valley astronomy. InI have sourced the origin, centralised, and discarded the secondary source whe written majority by Paul. InI are the ones who create the happenings and sciences for Bible stories to be concepted. Rastafari

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/21/2015 8:15:54 PM

The following is a reasoning by a bredren named Natural Blacks:

it's not that we ignore the fact that HAILE SELASSIE is christian, or that HE spoke of jesus and encouraged ini to read the bible (with a clean heart and clear conscience), but it's about message. if christians would concern themselves more with the message that "jesus" brought** rather than with jesus himself and the story behind his name, then i do believe we'd have a purer christian community. so now, instead of clinging to this jesus character, of whom we know so little about, and whose whole story seems a bit sketchy, we cling to someone we know. someone who connects with us on a realer and closer level...HAILE SELASSIE. rastafari arose in a time of white downpression, and HIM emerged in that time, as a BLACK KING commanding respect form the entire world, black and white...put urself in that time as a black person whose self-esteem has been pushed to the ground, and imagine the feeling that would give u...JAH. and this is from the bible, psalms 68 or suh. there are many bible prophecies (Isaiah...Revelations) which can be mirrored to bring an interpretation of HAILE SELASSIE as the bible's prophesied Messiah, and it was these that created the original "spark" of rastafari; along with MARCUS GARVEY's prophecy of a rising black king. but rastafari has grown with new knowledge and iverstanding. it may be useful to quote MARCUS GARVEY here: "belief is a matter of opinion, changeable by superior reasoning" we must realise that rastafari as a faith is but 70+ yrs old...extremely young for a spiritual movement, and already it has progressed immensely. we can't afford to be left behind by time, holding on to old doctrines which are no longer relevant to our present experiences.

rastas resent and denounce jesus because of they way jesus was presented to us here in the diaspora...as a "soother" for slavery and downpression. we respect the fact that HAILE SELASSIE is christian, but what HAILE SELASSIE is has nothing to do with what we should be, because HAILE SELASSIE himself taught us that spirituality is a personal decision, and "no man can judge the ways of god". he teaches us about independent thought and expression. rastas praise HAILE SELASSIE, but we are not followers of HIM. rastas never "follow". we cling to HIS teachings and works, but alongside HIS MAJESTY's teachings, is our own brains...to think for ourselves and manifest accordingly.

rastafari is an experience/culture which can be seen in other cultures/experiences. "rasta"...manifested technically after HAILE SELASSIE...but the essence of rasta has been here since creation. remember there's nothing new under the sun, no idea's original & everything has been here since creation. rasta can be seen thru buddhism as well. and i'm sure many other spiritual movements which i may not be aware of. the fundamental difference between rasta and christianity (as i know it anyway) is...rastas don't believe that the only way to iverlasting life is thru rastafari, as christians believe in this "jesus or hell" doctrine. the thing about rasta though, is that there is no real definition per se...u speak to 12 rastas, and they give u 14 different interpretations of rastafari, but the centre is the same...LOVE/LIFE/CREATION/EARTH & NATURE...which we see thru HAILE SELASSIE. buddhist see it thru the buddha. in the beginning there was the word, and the word was...quoting peter tosh "the word is...love, life, creation, rastafari. those are the words, many words, that mean progressiveness".

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/21/2015 9:20:56 PM

Here is a Reasoning that relates to this

===========
Ras Power, what caused I to say what I said in the beginning was because of two things you said,
---------------------------
we used the bible to consider is His Majesty is the Most High
---------------------------

Which I response was that I didn't use the Bible to sight His Majesty as the Most High. What I did do is sight Haile Selassie I as the Most High, and after that I started to learn from the Bible.

And you said,
----------------------------
my point is only the bible can assure us of not being decieved, even christ himself use the word when he was tempted, saying it is written, man shall not leave by bread alone, etc
----------------------------

What you wrote there is the point of your post, and I sight doesn't agree with that point. As Ten was showing you, many people Lived for the Most High and Praised the Creator before there were any books written, and even after the books of the Bible started to be written, most people in the world didn't have those books but many still Lived for the Most High and Praised the Creator.

If only the Bible can assure us of not being deceived, then Abraham would have been deceived and would have gone toward wickedness; and also all others before books were written, and all others who didn't see the books after they were written would have also been deceived and would have gone toward wickedness.

What assures I and I of not being deceived is to come to know I and I Irits, so that I and I know when the Creator is guiding I and I. How do you think the several Teachings of Righteousness that can be found in the Bible came to be written? The people wrote them because they looked into their Irits and listened to the Creator. I and I have always had the abel-ity to I-mmunicate with the Creator, and always will, but people more often choose the way of Cain instead of Abel and refuse to listen to the Creator.

Like I have said many times, I have found great teachings in the Bible, but to say that the Bible is the only way to know these things will put a person's emphasis and concentration in the wrong place. I and I should put I and I concentration toward the Irits and learn what is truly the Irits of the Creator and separate that from our vain imaginations so that we don't fall by our own misunderstanding.

One of the many things the Irits can do is guide I and I when I and I come near danger or turn I and I away from the wrong direction in the instant that it happens. To pull I and I away from wicked ways and lead I and I toward Righteousness. Sometimes I hear of people who read the Bible and they at some time come into wicked ways and don't realize they are wicked at first, until at some later date they realize it, and some of them might finally realize it by something they come across in the Bible. If these people learned to develop their Irits instead of only trodding according to a book, they would have thought about what they were doing before they did it, and would have seen that it was wrong.

When I and I are learning to distinguish between Selassie I Irits and our vain imagination, the Bible can be a good reference to help I and I see the distinction, but it is not the only way, and there is so much more reference in I and I Irits than can fit on the pages of a book. I and I can see the Truth with no books at all.

Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Created I and I in His image and gave I and I everything I and I need to Live according to Selassie I Inity, and through His image gave I and I the ability to choose a direction, to Live according to the Creator or choose something else.

To look at a book as the only way will basically shut off the part of yourself that has eyes to see and ears to hear and mind to think. It comes to the same thing as I reasonings of Faith. If a person has faith that the book is the only way to not be deceived, then they will have no capability of using their Irits to see because they depend on a book.

It is the churches that have caused people to fear to look outside of what the church tells them to think, this teaching was made to keep people dependant on the church so that they continued to support the church and allowed it to control them. Some people have partially freed themself from the church, but have extended this fear to the bible, and are afraid to think for themselves and search their Irits, and another thing that happens because of this fear of the Irits, they still interpret the Bible according to the way they were taught by the church, with only some differences.

I and I will Itinue to learn more and more as time goes on and are not limited to a book or any other such thing, Haile Selassie I is the Highest and has given I and I the ability to think and learn more so that I and I can Live closer to the Most High, no book is needed for that, the Bible only talks of that way that is already within.

When I sight the quote you put from His Majesty, I sight that Selassie I is showing the same thing:

Education develops the intellect; and the intellect distinguishes man from other creatures. It is education that enables man to harness nature and utilize her resources for the well-being and improvement of his life.

The key for the betterment and completeness of modern living is education.

But, "Man cannot live by bread alone." Man, after all, is also composed of intellect and soul. Therefore, education in general, and higher education in particular, must aim to provide, beyond the physical, food for the intellect and soul. That education which ignores man's intrinsic nature, and neglects his intellect and reasoning power can not be considered true education.

Selassie I encourages education in so many things inside and outside of the Bible, from science and other subjects and even into other religions and philosophies.

And what Selassie I says hear is very important.

That education which ignores man's intrinsic nature, and neglects his intellect and reasoning power can not be considered true education.

To look at the Bible as the only way to not be decieved ignores I and I intrinsic nature of intellect, reasoning and Irits. I and I should instead use the Bible to help I and I develop these things and should exercise these abilities to develop and strengthen them.
===========

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 123

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I