Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6346&start_row=111

if you a ras who doesnt accept the bible

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 123
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/1/2016 6:18:58 AM

20 mins in. Joseph and Garveys Africa buck up on a phone call, lol

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/1/2016 6:28:17 AM

"Rastafari was not created based off of what Haile Selassie believed in (or said)"

Lol it sounds strange but this important. Many of de I dem wha lecture about the teachings of Selassie or his beliefs........ Which is all good and well, but None of which are the basis of why InI did create Rastafari (many of the I dem couldn't even read never mind bible and selected speeches)

Rastafari was born out of a response of the redemptive energy of black liberation and black supremacy as set and prophisiZed by Marcus Garvey. The personal faith of Marcus or His Majesty was and is irrelevant. Meaning if Garvey was Muslim and His Majesty a pagan, RastafarI would deh deh same way. If de I find out some informations to say His Majesty wasn't ital, Rastafari people still Ital same way. If His Majesty didn't believe in growing his hair out as locks, Rasta people a natty up any which way. We have reason purpose and direction whe doesn't come from scripture. Rastafari higher than religion so why we still argue about who can claim Rastafari based off religious text!?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/1/2016 6:31:46 AM

Be the root not the branch

http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6340

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 1/4/2016 6:57:03 AM

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 1/4/2016 6:57:05 AM

A false word, like a "false" "weight" is "an abomination to the Lord" (Prov. 11:1)

In the Greek language, the assemblies of Diana of the Ephesians were called ekklesias, which is translated into English as "churches."

"The word "Church" comes from the Goddess "Circe" which is where we get the word "Circus." 

Circe is also referred to as "Whore of Babylon, the physical World, the deceiver, the Cirkus. 

She is shown holding a golden cup in her hand mixed with wine and drugs through which she controlled the kings of the world. She is also found in the symbolic teaching of the Bible. She is nothing less than the Great Whore who sits on many waters and seven hills who masterminds Mystery Babylon.

Testament” and “testimony” have the same root in “testicles.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 1/4/2016 10:10:37 AM

Nuff things nuff a ppl aint aware of concerning the bible and its history and word play. Even that Paul the socalled 13th or 14th apostle who authored 13 NT epistles was from Tarsus home and center of the Mithraic religion of which Paulianity mirrors in many ways.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 1/6/2016 5:54:01 PM

An interview with Mutabaruka
Revolutionary or Revisionist?

BULANI: So you say that Rastas have to rethink their ideology?

MUTA: We know say is Haile Sellassie we ah deal with, so I chose inna this time ya now, fi tek away all di fringes. Tek away all the mystique and the supernatural thinking. Take away all the titles, the labels -and just deal with Haile Selassie. So, when I see Haile Selassie now, I start to read weh Haile Selassie say. I start to read the history of Ethiopia and Africa on a different level now. Not
from a religious perspective. Not from a junior-Christian perspective, because when the Elders did start,dem did only have the Bible to confront we with. Now we have information like worries.
Information we have now is more than the information my grandmother did have in the whole of her life time. So we start fi articulate this information and start to read what His Majesty ah deal with. Start to read what his Majesty is all about.

My perspective is that, that is what should ah guide I right now. Some man would astill hold onto the Bible as him guiding line. I ah say yeah, the Bible can carry you just so far in history or in a belief system. But now, you hardly ah hear any Rasta man ah quote weh Haile Selassie ah say. Everytime him talk, him say, 'Jeremiah say... and Isaiah say...' I ah say, is time now we come out of that dead lock about what Jeremiah say and Isaiah say, and start to really debate about what the man did really mean when him say what him did say.

Understand, the man (Selassie I) just ah talk bout education. The man tek Him Palace and turn it inna school. The man become the Minister of Education. So education to me seem to be a priority for Haile Selassie, so I ah seh now, I ah go educate I self. That is my first thing, trying to educate my self. And I ah say now, the man ah keep emphasing education and all these things. I can't get no more education out ah the Bible. I can get a belief system to develop my belief system. But I can get a direct code of living out of what His Majesty do inna Him life time, cause the Majesty is a contemporary of this time. His Majesty is not a historical figure, so we can use His Majesty as the center which Him is suppose to be- of our existence, without have fi have all of these things that used to develop it from. Cause we no longer trying to develop Rastafari, you know. We trying to expand Rastafari. Rastafari has developed itself already into a anticolonial force. We have experienced that already. We need to expand it now.

We need to evolve out of certain 1950/1940 thinking and be practical about it. We need to move the religion, because is the religion that is causing the division among the Rastaman them. Every man have a different theological understanding about Haile Selassie. Well Haile Selassie don't need no development of theology.
Haile Sellasie is developed through politics, economical structure, governmental procedures and just through his spiritual perspective on life. So we ah try declare that to ah whole heap of ones. Obviously a whole heap of ones seem to be not in line with that kind of thinking, cause they has always been imbedded in a Bible ting. If you are not quoting Psalms 123 to a Rasta man an when you done you seh 'Jah Rastafari', it seems like you not on track. We ah say yeah, we have quoted many Psalms and smoked many herbs and chanted Jah Rastafari many times, but let's get down to what Haile Selassie is all about."

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 1/9/2016 12:51:10 AM

Jah Is Irit.
Selassie I fulfill so many Profecy especially concerning Word written in the Bible

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/15/2016 4:54:36 PM

Nobody here accepts mainstream Jesus and Xtianity so this shouldn't stick any body too much. I imagine is Africa, or anywhere with indigenous people behind the door......

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 1/15/2016 6:38:21 PM

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Di I is funny Roots!

I saw this on Facebook. Very fitting!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 123

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I