Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6346&start_row=101

if you a ras who doesnt accept the bible

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 123
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/31/2015 7:23:46 PM

Why deal with Rasta then? Either be a Christian or join the EOC. Why come among Rasta, who generally don't deal with Jeeeezus? What's the point?

Messenger: Joseph I Sent: 12/31/2015 7:32:46 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Why deal with Rasta then? Either be a Christian or join the EOC. Why come among Rasta, who generally don't deal with Jeeeezus? What's the point?

12 Tribes Rasta deals with Yeshua as taught by His Majesty.
I steam chalwa, beat the kete everyday, study scripture and sayings by His Majesty. Also only eat ital.
I don't agree with most Christians stance on the herb, to want to keep herb illegal is completely anti-scriptural. Among other things, like I don't endorse their pagan holidays (not talking about EOC).
Would any of the I here happen to know of a 12T website?
Peace.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 12/31/2015 7:50:46 PM

No don't take MY word for nothing, read and study as u say u do everyday!

Of course they're universally accepted by christians that's I point, study thembfor yourself dont go off what they say!
Do you even know any canon history?

Messenger: Joseph I Sent: 12/31/2015 8:03:15 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No don't take MY word for nothing, read and study as u say u do everyday!

Of course they're universally accepted by christians that's I point, study thembfor yourself dont go off what they say!
Do you even know any canon history?

Zeen. Yes, too many sheep believe that the council of Nicaea had something to do with the biblical canon. A little research proves that popular myth wrong. That is however when they threw in those pagan holidays. I admire the EOC for not doing what they did/do.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 12/31/2015 8:19:10 PM

Is a lot more councils than Nicea!
And more canon list than whats presented today!

I wont go thru over 300 references you post of that universal christian list but reread dem ting deh some of them dont even say the same thing in thier SOCALLED fulfillment! So study hard reread a lot of OT passages get twisted and reworded to fit christian theology and beliefs thats never deh in the OT. You're prolly just reading to be reading your already preconceived beliefs so you will see what u wanna see in there when in REALITY it aint never deh!

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 12/31/2015 9:30:36 PM

Oh and I am VoodooRUUTS not voodoo man/woman! I am a Chukwummu I am Omo Oduduwa child of Mawu Lisa

I go gih you a few examples!

Matt.2:23 is SUPPOSEDLY a fulfillment of Judg.13:5
Matt.2:23-And he came dwelt in a city called NazarETH that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, he shall be called a NazarENE (NazarENE=one from NazarETH)
JUDG.13:5-For lo thou shalt conceive and bear a son and "no razor shall come upon his head" for the child shall be a NazarITE (one under vow) unto God from the womb (vs24) And the woman bore a son and called his name SAMSON (7 locks under vow)
Clearly NOT a prophecy concerning Yeshua or messianic at all and was fulfilled with SAMSON!

Matt.27:7-10 fulfills Jer.32:9 or/and Zec.11:13
Matt.27:7 And they took councel and bought with them the "potter's FIELD" to bury strangers in (vs9) then was FULFILLED that which was spoken by the prophet JEREMIAH saying, "and THEY took the THIRTY (30) pieces of silver, THE PRICE OF HIM THAT WAS VALUED, (vs10)and gave them for the potter's field as the lord appointed me. (now lets see Jeremiah)
Jer.32:9 and "I" (not they) bought the "FIELD OF 'HANAMEEL" my uncle's son... and WEIGHED for him the money even "SEVENTEEN" (17) shekels of silver
(again claerly NOT a prophecy and NOT messianic or concerning Yeshua and NOT what was said Or done! Pure manipulation on on blind followers)

Well lets see what Zechariah haffa say
Zec.11:13 and the Lord said unto "ME" (NOT THEY) cast INTO the potter (a basket/pottery of sort) a goodly price... And "I" (again not THEY) took the 30 pieces of silver and CAST them to the POTTER IN THE HOUSE OF THE LORD (not a potter's field but a container to hold money)
Again NOT a prophecy NOT about Yeshua and clearly reworded for christian beliefs and badly reworded at that and not sure on what prophet they wanna claim say wrote it

Thats I sources from the source not I opinion!

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 12/31/2015 9:49:27 PM

Does Yeshua's bloodline even allow him to be an heir to David's throne?

Is his geneology even listed correctly?

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 12/31/2015 10:11:35 PM

Why do you even bother with an African drum? You do realize the Kete drum is of Akan (Ghanian) origin right, the Akete drum! Since all this African thing aint salvation and thing. Why dont you play some Israeli drum?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/1/2016 1:09:27 AM

Joseph I, you said
-----------
No, there isn't another 'valid path to Salvation' and if you think Selassie said that, show me.
-----------

People don't need to find that specific quote to have enough evidence to see that Haile Selassie I would agree with that quote.

There are many things that Haile Selassie has said that were not said in either the old or new testament. I and I draw Inspiration from Haile Selassie I, so I and I are not limited to the Bible, just as Haile Selassie I is not limited to the Bible. Haile Selassie has shown I and I that Christianity is not the only valid religion. And has shown I and I that to be so arrogant to think that your religion is so much higher than others is foolishness and utter vanity of thought and aspiration.

When Selassie I said this:

But we don't consider our religion alone valid and have granted the people the freedom to observe any religion they please.

By saying that He doesn't consider His religion alone valid, He is implying that other religions are valid. And He didn't just talk about a handful of religions but allowed people to observe any religion that they please. Haile Selassie I doesn't make Laws against Righteousness, he makes laws against wickedness.

When other religions speak about the path to Salvation, Righteousness is typically part of that path. Valid means sound, just and well-founded. If Selassie I suggests other religions are valid, it means that at least for the most part, what they are dealing with is sound, just and well founded; and if they Sight a Path to Salvation, that path is therefore also valid. If their way was not valid, their religion couldn't be valid, so if their religion is valid, their way is valid.

That is not the only thing that shows the Heights of Haile Selassie I.

Since nobody can interfere in the realm of God we should tolerate and live side by side with those of other faiths.

What do you think Selassie means when he says no one can interfere with the realm of God? It means who are you to judge the religion of others. That is the realm of God, not yours. If God rose up people and gave them principles of Righteousness, who are you to judge them because they don't see your book as their God?

Haile Selassie I said,

No one is today so foolish as to believe that any one nation constitutes a perfect monolith of faith and ideology. Nor could anyone wish that there should be such utter vanity of thought and aspiration.

The systems of Government which have sought to impose uniformity of belief have survived briefly and then expired, blinded and weakened by obsessive reliance upon their supposed infallibility.

The quote above is about nations and governments. But logic would infer the same philosophy to individuals.

So I say.

It is unfortunate that some people are so foolish as to believe that one group or individual constitutes a perfect monolith of faith and ideology. And it is a shame that such utter vanity of thought and aspiration exists in these times. Groups and individuals who try to impose their beliefs on others are blinded and weakened by obsessive reliance upon their supposed infallibility.

In addition, the whole speech when Haile Selassie I gives an honorary degree to Radhakrishan shows his Heights toward other religions.

He begins by saying

On the occasion of Your Excellency's visit to Our country it gives Us special pleasure to receive you at this institution itself dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge and truth. It is altogether fitting that Your Excellency should be the focus of this occasion, for Your Excellency has yourself since your youth been dedicated to that cause.

So to open, Haile Selassie I says that Radhakrishan is Livicated to the pursuit of knowledge and truth. Take note of that when the I reads more of what He said.

When commending him, Haile Selassie I chooses to present a quote from Radhakrishan that says:

-------
...in the mystic traditions of the different religions we have a remarkable unity of the spirit. Whatever religions they may profess they are spiritual kinsmen. While the different religions in their historical forms bind us to limited groups and militate against the development of loyalty to the world community, the mystics have always stood for the fellowship of humanity,
-------

Haile Selassie I didn't have to use that particular quote, and didn't have to quote him at all. But He intentionally chose that quote and wanted people to hear the Greatness shown in the quote. He uses a quote that says "in the mystic traditions of the different religions we have a remarkable unity of the spirit. Whatever religions they may profess they are spiritual kinsmen". The quote continues and criticizes the different religious groups for binding people to limited groups and fighting against a world community, as opposed to the mystics who stand for the fellowship of humanity.

Why would Haile Selassie I pick a quote that He is opposed to or in disagreement with? As I said, He didn't have to use that particular quote, and didn't have to quote Radhakrishan at all. It is obvious in the context used that Haile Selassie I is very much in agreement with the quote. Those with eyes to see will see.

Haile Selassie I says regarding the quote from Radhakrishan.

so Your Excellency(Radhakrishan) has taught us. And in an effort to carry out this teaching to pursue truth - to promote those bonds common to the human race - Your Excellency has dedicated your whole life. To free the human race from superstition and fear that originate from ignorance; to enable him to transcend the apparent obstacles of race and religion; and to help him recognize the blood-ties of the whole human race, Your Excellency has laboured. To this generation, so tormented between modern knowledge and ancient faith, your scrupulous studies have pointed the way by which man may be saved from traditional superstition and modern scepticism.

Haile Selassie refers to the Teaching in that quote from Radhakrishan as a Teaching to pursue truth, and He commends him on his efforts to remove conflict over religion and for pointing the way by which man may be saved from traditional superstition and modern scepticism, and fear originating from ignorance. Enabling people to transcend the apparent obstacles of race and religion; and to help them recognize the blood-ties of the whole human race.

The Most High Haile Selassie I Itinues,

Were the thoughts of Plato and Socrates, the beliefs of Christianity and Judaism not harmonized with Hindu philosophy; were Yoga and its various stages not exposed to Western thought; had Western religion and philosophy not been exposed to the philosophy and religion of the East through Your Excellency's persistent endeavour, how much the poorer would human thought have been!

Haile Selassie Iverstands the Greatness of Sharing Iritual Heights. There is so much to Learn in Iration. Some parts of the Heights are common to many, but others are not. One people have Learned parts of the Heights that others have not, but they have not learned parts that others have. That is the Iverstanding of I and I Highest of High RasTafarI Haile Selassie I, Righteousness and Rising Irits and Learning from Ones and Ones, throughout all Creation.

I and I God Haile Selassie I Itinues,

In the history of the human race, those periods which later appeared as great have been the periods when the men and the women belonging to them had transcended the differences that divided them and had recognized in their membership in the human race a common bond. Your Excellency's constant endeavour to challenge this generation to transcend its differences. to recognize its common bond and to work towards a common goal has doubtless made this age pregnant with greatness. It is, therefore, in recognition of these labours that We, with unequalled pleasure, bestow upon Your Excellency the degree of Doctor of Letters, honoris causa.

The Heights from all those quotes I Reasoned about from Haile Selassie I are more than enough for I to know that the Most High God Haile Selassie I does not reject those that deal with Paths outside of Christianity, Haile Selassie is against wickedness, not differences in Faiths and Trods.

Don't mistake Haile Selassie I Love for Christ as opposition to other Faiths and Trods. Haile Selassie I Heights and Teachings has nothing to do the separation of mankind, or casting judgement on other people's Faith or Trods.

Haile Selassie I is One. It is Great and Wonderful and Mighty that Haile Selassie I has opened these Heights, much better than the transition to Kemet, Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism or anything that has been before. Inity, ApreciaLoving the Richness and Diversity of the Children of the Creator, respecting the differences in other Religions and Trods, Learning and Sharing with One another, is so much Better and Higher than any single religion imposed on all could ever be.

I and I are not here to change anybody, you are welcome to layer the veil already over your eyes to further hide them from the Greatness and Oneness of Haile Selassie I, but I veil was removed from the time I recognized I God RasTafarI Haile Selassie, and my unveiled eyes Sight more and more as time passes. I and I would never put the veil back over I and I eyes, nothing other people say could make I and I weary, open Heights could never close again.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/1/2016 6:16:03 AM

Joseph is de I 12 tribe or EOC?

Anyway all a dem a peripheral branch. Joseph by dealing with Bible in that way you limit yourself to the branch and not the root.

15 mins onward if not the whole video

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 123

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I