Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6329&start_row=31

Is it true that Haile Selassie I dissavowed the legend of descending from Solomon and Sheba to diplomats and royal firends?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 78
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 2/26/2016 11:24:17 AM

So if there is no room for misrepresentations or misquotes, why say Selassie said he was not God or denied being God? He never denied or said those words. All who are Rasta see Rasta as God, don't see the problem..

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 2/26/2016 11:47:54 AM

Jah Seeker so with it written down with date and time that would be proof?

Through HIM own translator he's said to say "I am a MAN I am MORTAL" yet ones come and say His Majesty never say he is MORTAL. Some think they have proof HIM say he is mortal yet still others refute that. What does that say about HIM, using a deceptive translator to relay his offical messages? And what does it say about proofs?

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 2/26/2016 12:11:55 PM

First of all - proof* not proofs, it's an uncountable noun. Secondly, i don't refute that he say's he is a man and mortal. I refute the claim that he said he is not god. There is a difference. Also, i can't believe some Rasta here, even though we say ''education is the key'' deny and dismiss the importance of proof and facts. You have got to be able to give a credible source and evidence of the things you claim.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 2/26/2016 12:32:17 PM

I never say U personally refute it I said oneS.
Yet His Majesty says he IS MAN AND MORTAL which according to Cristian theology dis disqualifies him as God or The Christ. So without saying the actual words he did say he's NOT The Christ or God. So really there is no difference.

Whats credible? Whats credible to I might not be so to U. Its often this way with BlackAfrican sources. Much time less its European validated its not credible.

If some European WRITES that HIM says he's caucasian and want not to have contact with negroes (knowing HIM's character and works with various negroe populations) on such a such a date and time, does that mean is that PROOF that he really said that?
OR
If some African Rastafari Elders SAY (who may not have been able to read and write) HIM made the quote "I am he from Ori" without writing it down, does that make it less vslid and credible?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/26/2016 12:57:45 PM

Jah Seeker i feel you are cherry picking logic to fit your agenda

Haile Selassie did not have a secret religion we all now have to decipher. He was a memeber of a religion. To see who he deemed as God one would simply need to consult his religion. Did his religion and its members see HIM as God? No

Another example - who you think members of The Islamic State see as god? How you know they dont see me as God? Because they are muslim, and we know muslims praise allah, or they wouldnt be muslim. You see how this works?

I hate when people play around

Did Haile Selassie ever refer in a speech to God? Or Jesus? im sure he did now importantly was this in the first person? Did he read the bible in first person? No

Stop trolling

He didnt answerr the question 'are you god?' With a yes or no because he did better than that he offered an explanation and instruction! Why you limiting his answer? He was a man, he then clarified as if he knew you would try and still call him a god by then saying he was a mortal. JUST TO MAKE SURE U GOT IT he then said he will be replaced by next generations. This ISNT IN FITTING with the concept of God from the bible (mortal? Being replaced?). He didnt say the word no but he sure alluded to it three times

If he didnt say himself he came from ori there is a certified kings list from his throne which is kept in washington and can be verified for all the checks you would personally like to carry out. Fact is, Ori is the Ori-gin and not solomon and makeda.

Facts!!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/26/2016 1:09:44 PM

Voodoo:
"If some European WRITES that HIM says he's caucasian and want not to have contact with negroes (knowing HIM's character and works with various negroe populations) on such a such a date and time, does that mean is that PROOF that he really said that?
OR
If some African Rastafari Elders SAY (who may not have been able to read and write) HIM made the quote "I am he from Ori" without writing it down, does that make it less vslid and credible?"

Yes as long as its on a website or wiki then its facts. Has to come from the whiteman. Lol. Black readers of this know this is more than a joke and sadly carries alot of truth

But really this is irrelevant. Ive referenced where the list is twice now, we have the originals unlike the bible

STICK A PIN

HOW is a bible believer going to talk to anyone about PROOF? do you have any originals? Do you have any author names? Do you have any dates? Can you prove ANY of the main characters?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/26/2016 1:18:25 PM

If he believed he was God of the Bible, capital G. Why did he vacate ethiopia during the war? And dont tell me about the esoteric and god being in him and the spirit of god ..... Rasta people say he is God Almighty ...... According to the Bible this same God can defeat the Caananites and Pharoahs army why not italy?

Haile Selassie is not and did not believe he was, The same and literal God of the bible

God of the Bible = omnipotent, omnipresent, ever lasting
Haile Selassie = 'I AM A MORTAL MAN WHO WILL BE REPLACED'

God of the Bible = kill them, kill their sons, rape their daughters as your trophies for i am your lord
Haile Selassie = let the italians return home unharmed

Its not a fit

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/26/2016 1:29:39 PM

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 2/26/2016 4:20:47 PM

LOL!!!!!!

As Johnny Cochran once said:

IF IT DOES NOT FIT....YOU MUST AQUIT

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/26/2016 4:38:56 PM

LoL yes!

Whats this (they will say) a rasta who denies HIM as God?

I deny him as and as believing he was the God of the Bible. Rasta dont run from truth. Its a good thing anyway as we see many examples of wickedness or actions and instructions from God of the Bible which are simply not in fitting with the charcter and example set by HIM in real life. We also learn that God is a foreign word to us, and quite possibly a foreign concept

We now need to reasses what we MEANT when we say he a God and Almighty and InI.

*looks to the east*

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 78

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I