Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6313&start_row=11

What is the I's perspective on Bob Marley converting to Christianity on his death bed?

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Sister Ifua Sent: 7/24/2016 4:35:15 AM

A Rastafarian (staying a Rastafarian) and becoming baptized in the EOTC is not CONVERTING!

Remember there are orthodox Rastafarians. Sometimes it's difficult for them to find a priest that accepts their view on H.I.M. as God/the second coming of the Christ.
Orthodox Rastas are NOT christians in the western sense doing a Jeezas business.

I've never heard Bob say "I'm a christian now, I gave up Rastafari", no. Bob was wise enough to belong to more than one house of Rastafari in order to work against separation amongst InI. Becoming baptized just made something complete for him, that's how I feel it.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/24/2016 12:03:19 PM

Agreed sister! In the copy of the Kebra Nagast that I have, a story is told by a 'Sealed Locksman'. A one who has been acknowledged within and formally joined the E.O.C as a Rasta.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 7/24/2016 12:21:22 PM

If the I's watch the Bob Marley documentary, i can't remember who but someone said on his deathbed Bob called for Jesus to help him, not Selassie...

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 7/24/2016 1:08:43 PM

Somethings ingrained in a one from birth may never fully be removed. That could just be one of those things. Many ones who left Christianity still call on Jesus in certain situations because its a part of the everyday language they grow up with

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 7/24/2016 1:29:21 PM

In the end, it is not the utterance he made while dying that moved millions into a higher consciousness, but his message and works whilst alive.

So mi see it

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 7/24/2016 1:56:59 PM

Agreed somewhat sistren RG, but if in the end he abandoned the very beliefs that influenced millions, that is something hard for I to grasp. The foundation must be strong...

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 8/6/2016 8:35:17 AM

He did not abandon but he might have realised dat His Majesty is not de creator. Unfortunately he was misinformed into dat Jesus is de name of de creator. De man had bn ill fo some time so it is highly possible dat he realised dat praying to His Majesty could not help him out of his illness. De fact dat he realised dat there is God above his majesty does not change him from being RASTA. If he did not pass flesh its highly posible dat he would still be spreading de massage of love, inity & pan-Africa while Hailing to de Creator who created His Majesty and everyone. So it was wise of him to start seeking de Creator after he realised dat de man he has bn prying to all dis years is not realy de Creator. Its a pity dat de RASTA trod which is supposed to be playing de role of true Christ to de universe has bn reduced to be mere white religion about who yu worship. RASTA, rise above religion politics and shine with enlightenment. Oneness

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 8/6/2016 6:28:19 PM

"RASTA, rise above religion politics and shine with enlightenment. Oneness"

BEAUTIFULLY SAID IDREN BLACK HEART!

Messenger: I-Man Sent: 8/27/2016 11:16:09 AM

Bob Marley change a lots of in his life. He became a devoteed rastafarian wid Mortimer Planno de Prophet,he become a binghi(hear Selassie is the chapel and ya will see what's he think about HIM), in 1971 he join The Twelves Tribes fi a lon tim n next he became an Ortohodox Ethiopian but in a french interview he was sayin " Mi i've delete dis word of « rasta ». We all live on the same planet the language are iniversal and don't consider I as a rasta now. Don't say I dis words anymore. We all live on de same planet"

And next, in de sam interview, he said "Haile Selas­sie represent everyting, he's my god"

So, that's very difficult to have an idea of what's he think, He was a Binghi in the beginning so i think i was no eat meat cuz Iyabinghi don't eat meat and i've seen a lots of : "Bob was not vegetarian, he was eating some meat and not all type of meat" so think I bob have just make a lots of evolution on what he think

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 8/27/2016 12:17:35 PM

Seen I-man. This University called Life is full of transformation, transcendence, evolution, re-evolution and change. Labels tend to limit man. Perhaps Bob over stood this...

Babylon can't study di Rastaman.

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I