Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6313&start_row=1

What is the I's perspective on Bob Marley converting to Christianity on his death bed?

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ras93 Sent: 12/2/2015 3:37:19 AM

In the long haul, is that detrimental to Rastafari, did he give up on Rastafari? Hope to hear your thoughts.

Messenger: Always was Sent: 12/2/2015 4:21:36 AM

He said he was still Rasta, of course he was. Is. Foreva will be.

Messenger: Always was Sent: 12/2/2015 4:23:18 AM

He didn't give up Rasta, he felt like he was getting closer to Rasta, baptized in the orthodox Ethiopian way of his majesty.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/2/2015 7:42:48 AM

People get confuse when death creeping in

Messenger: KnowThySelf333 Sent: 12/2/2015 8:39:10 AM

I believe Abuna Yesehaq of the Ethiopian orthodox church mentions in a interview that Bob had interest in the Ethiopian orthodox church and never said the emperor is God once while speaking to him even before he was dying.

And not to forget Bob was speaking of Jesus even as Rasta long before cancer.He was TTI.

Peace.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 7/2/2016 8:07:30 AM

any more info on this?

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 7/2/2016 11:48:05 PM

Greetings All + blessed Love
KnowThyself this is a good point, that TTI does follow the bible and promote reading 1 chapter a day, this Mansion of Ras TafarI is not far from christian ideologies as it is... Although not mentioning Haile Selassie I as God when talking to a christian priest is not exactly an indicator of his views on Selassie I. Many lyrics of Bob's music would show that Selassie I is JAH in Bob's mind and heart. Another thing I read (I think it was in one of the chapters of Chanting Down Babylon) that Bob's mother was the one who urged him to be baptised in the EOTC before his passing. Garveys Afrika makes a good point too, a person who knows their end is coming often makes concessions, especially for a worried family member.
I see babylonians try to use this baptism and misconstrue it into something else all the time, as a discreditor to Marley, Ras TafarI, or ganJAH. One lady even told me that Bob spoke out against "drugs and marijuana" at the end of his life... Apparently she didnt know that Bob was speaking against alcohol and drugs the entire time (and I have never seen any substantiation to her claim that he ever disavowed the hola Herb). Christians seem to think that a baptism must mean a complete adherance to the rest of their (not even biblical) policies. It doesnt. Bob's baptism in the EOTC church is not detrimental to Ras TafarI, a fact obvious to I&I when I sIght how the movement has grown since that time. Ras TafarI ever Rising

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 7/3/2016 2:32:52 AM

Give thanks JC!

Messenger: John Sent: 7/18/2016 2:10:19 PM

Bob Marley lives. I met him in my dream

Messenger: John Sent: 7/18/2016 2:10:57 PM

Rasta lives forever

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I