Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6307&start_row=1

What are the jobs the Rasta on here have? Has the trod come in conflict with the job or has the idem been discriminated for locks etc?

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ras93 Sent: 12/1/2015 7:56:21 AM

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/1/2015 8:14:01 AM

Self reliance a the highest science
Man serve Jah full time
And choose not to pay taxes or have works which onlyyy build up white supremacy

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 12/1/2015 8:21:58 AM

i side conflicts all of the time. all of the time.

i used to work in a dirty bakery and couldn`t take to produce high carb procudts which are full of the wrong fatties, white sugar, phythic acid and things like hog bristles and certain chemicals (sometimes even stuff for occult holidays like eastern and christmas) while working 14 hours a day without a break and no guaranteed holiday for a boss who insults you all of the time anymore. this kind of work isn`t natural nor good for you. you need to sleep at night.

i wanted to work in an office but i couldn`t lie to the customers any longer to get all of their money.

i don`t know what else i have to do. i don`t want to study any bs. but i think i will start to study something else in the future. i don`t know what i have to do if i lose my job as an office worker in the food industry. maybe i have to clean the streets, repair some stuff as a construction worker or even work in a fast food restaurant as a vegan. i hope i don`t have to do those things. two things are for sure. if they want to put a chip into my arm or my forehead i rather be homeless and i will never go back to a bakery.

some people promise that they will never go back to jail but i say that i will never go back into the bakery.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 12/1/2015 11:32:11 AM

Greetings All,
Give thankhs for the Iditation. GA makes good points. Even as ones n ones are turning to babylon employment the I should realize the larger goal is Idependence.
Personally, I work with children, and I do not often find my locks or my livity are a problem in this profession; in fact many families seem excited about the alternative perspective, healthful knowledge, and natural approach I take to dealing with their children. I have had teachers in high school and college who carried locks also, mostly science teachers it seems who were very naturalistic, and friends have had many university professors of all subjects who carry dreadlocks also. It seems that dreadlocks and natural livity, even wearing red gold black and green head to toe, is not a barrier to working with children or working in the education field, asmuchas I have seen. More freeItes + naturality...
Moah Anbesa

Messenger: Always was Sent: 12/2/2015 4:40:31 AM

I have worked many jobs, 10 of which while I have dreads, yeah there will always be some that want to discriminate. Foward, strength and power. Everyone has something they can do to improve society, life. Find ur calling and persue it.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/2/2015 10:40:13 AM

I have (and do) run my own business and worked for others, in my 25 yrs of I trod with locs. From translator at the U.N to different kinds of jobs. Speaking 3 languages has allowed me to move within diffetent international fields. With headwrap and always in cultural attire.

I currently work in the catering business, for private aviation, anything from Saudi royal families to celebrities, sports teams, politicians, etc. Imagine the surprise when dem see a Rasta Wombman, sharp chef coat on, headwrap, proudly wearing big ANKH! LOL!!! The reactions are priceless! In the end, it's how you carry yourself. Walk like a queen at all times. Regal 24/7. Dem must recognize that everytime.

If I had a nickel for every time I've been called "Badu", I'd be a "rich" woman!

I've observed some changes in 25 yrs, as far as locs in babylon. Though some have an issue with "fashion dread", I applaud the celebration of natural Afrikan hair, be you Rasta or not. As was mentioned, ini see lawyers, doctors, judges, and so on, wearing locs. This has allowed InI some freedom of movement, whereas previously more challenging.

Messenger: LiberatedSoul23 Sent: 12/2/2015 12:38:45 PM

I work as a nurse aide where I care for the elderly assisting them with daily living activities. We don't get paid as much as a nurse who onky administers poison. Ive seen 2 people have strokes because they take so much medicine that is unnecessary. I went to work on a Saturday and a nurse said to us that she was hung over and to make our day easier, she was going to give all of the residents xanax bars to make them "less irritating " I wish more people who put their families in these places would actually pay more attention to what the nurses are doing and not nurse aides. Not saying that nurses are bad people, I just dont agree with the mediSIN

Messenger: Sister Sent: 12/4/2015 5:26:27 AM

MediSin - just another way for the s**tstym to perpetuate itself. Never be deluded about that. Not that you dont find caring people in the profession, many with a good heart enter nursing. Over in the UK people are more rigid about they expectations of social norm, its how we are, its how it functions. So even if you have a rasta vibe or even a righteous vibe, it will be a potential source of friction and or ridicule. People are not at work to hear truth, they want to get their pay and go home for a cup of babylon tea. Its hard to cater to that if you are in it day after day, and its not as easy to become self employed as would be nice.
As the Goddess puts it though:
" In the end, it's how you carry yourself. Walk like a queen at all times. Regal 24/7. Dem must recognize that everytime. "

No apology.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/4/2015 9:09:32 AM

Sister, de I still NHS?

Although the job is as you say. The skills knowledge and experience you acquired in the medical field is priceless. Dem thing ARE needed within InI community. The day will come whereby we don't have to rely on babylon infrastructure to use dem skills, and have more direct accessibility to our people. Knowing how many black Idem are targeted by the mental health services it pleasant to know there are some real ones behind the scene

Messenger: Redemption Sent: 12/5/2015 3:54:36 AM

InI work for the government as a coffee drinker. They pay me and I drink coffee in da community. Coffee is a spiritual drink in the Middle East, served in Mosques. The I also teach mathematics for free, currently have one student from Jamaica-New York, was working as an economics assistant to the NHS, again for free, but the I caught a cyst in my thyroid, teaches me not to deal with Babylon infrastructure, also work in a Oxfam bookshop again for free, the books interest me, the charity not so much. The I follow Baye Fall principle that the I must work for the good of man.

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I