Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6292&start_row=11

I want to cut my dreads

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Malcom Ra Neter Sent: 11/22/2015 5:20:48 PM

By the mere fact that you want to cut them, means they never meant much to you in the first place. No deep true spiritual meaning. Sorry but that's just the raw truth.

Messenger: Unify us all Sent: 11/22/2015 7:42:16 PM

I completely agree, I was never ready for dreads in the first place because I didn't understand the true meaning of locs. Until I learn fully what rasta represents and what locs represent and their meaning and representation in life I will not wear them. I can not wear something I don't fully and whole heartedly understand you kings have made that very clear to me and I thank you for helping me make my decision to not wear locs until I truly understand their meaning

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/22/2015 10:14:52 PM

Ini can RAspect that @ unify us all

Whatever road you choose, ini hope that RasTafari has opened your mind/heart.

1 Luv

Messenger: Unify us all Sent: 11/23/2015 6:35:35 AM

Blessings everyone thank you for furthering my learning.

Messenger: John I.S. Sent: 11/23/2015 4:27:06 PM

Jah created hair with a purpose, Jesus christ had hair, very long dread, but he cover it in a turban/headgear/headcloth. So did Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Daniel, Moses, Aaron, King David and most david-dynasty kings who ruled before the first coming of Jesus. They all ate meat and drank wine. King David in a psalm of Jah describes the skull of a criminal as long-haired. We live in a society where long natural hair is looked down upon. Paul teaches that long hair is a disgrace to a man, and is also a woman's glory, but she must cover it up for respect of her husband. Ancient Israelite warriors are mentioned in the book of judges, they unbound their hair when coming to celebrate after defeating their enemies, meaning they had long hair and bound it up with a sort of head-cloth when going to war. Long hair wasnt looked down upon in Ancient Israel as much as it is in today's society.

Messenger: John I.S. Sent: 11/24/2015 9:51:15 AM

Every animal apart from man, mostly males, has its natural, physical crown. Man too has his natural crown. Its up to you to do what you see fit with yours, depending on your culture, self-knowledge, occupation or activities you undertake, religion, perspective and the law of the spirit, not written codes. For one who is in christ is no longer slave to written law but slave to Jesus Christ in spirit and truth; so says the bible, the word of God.

Messenger: John I.S. Sent: 11/24/2015 9:56:20 AM

concerning the israelite warriors, i checked and its actually opposite. They unbound (uncovered) their hair when going to war. Israel culture is turban and robe and cloak and sandals.

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I