Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6284&start_row=31

Whites claiming rastafari

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 60
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/20/2015 8:52:16 AM

No

We cant agree Nuttn like that

I'm not accepting a white man learning about the culture can tell InI that the trod was MADE for everybody when I know and can show and prove otherwise. None at all. That's the dilution that the Goddess warned about

Rasta fe STOP ignore Garvey. Him and others, were specifically talking for and dealing with I people

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 11/20/2015 8:57:02 AM

rasta is a movement designed by blacks for blacks (originally).

whites can follow the trod. nowadays, whites can learn from black rastas but there also blacks who can learn from white rastas. i dont mean that whites can teach blacks something about their culture in general but if a white man has learned a lot of stuff about kemet and he tells it to a black man who is part of babylon he can learn from it and its a good thing.

i think the comparison of ga is a good one. there are some elements of rasta whites cant be part of. whites can disagree with black rastas in general but there are some things about the roots of it that cant be denied.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/20/2015 9:03:47 AM

Right.

Uno RT, some people I deal with will say that they can't learn or read anything from a white author for example. I agree with de I still InI can choose to learn new information from any colour people. Dr Ben and Dr Clarke used to often encourage black people to study europeans anyway!!

Messenger: Unify us all Sent: 11/20/2015 9:22:50 AM

King we don't really disagree on much I think the only thing we do disagree on is that I believe humanity and love should be brought about through rastafari regardless of color where on the other hand you believe color trumps all. Bless everyone ❤;️;💛;💚; ☺;️;

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/20/2015 9:43:19 AM

Yes. But by saying colour you are trivialising it. I assume you mean Roots culture and identity

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/20/2015 10:09:34 AM

Here's the fundamental issue. White people (and again, I reiterate that we are addressing the COLLECTIVE history, not a particular individual) have an indisputable tendency due to WHITE SKIN PRIVILEGE (consciously or otherwise) to want to OWN everything. An ingrained sense of superiority entitlement. A child like "MINE MINE MINE!" attitude.

Even when they "discover" something ancient and established by others for thousands of years. HIS -story speaks for itself. This is not an simply an opinion but an observation and experience shared by all people of color worldwide.

In my 25 year trod as a Rasta wombman, I have met a few white people that were truly sympathetic to the struggles of Afrikan people. As long as it's all flowery and full of multicolored rainbows and "one love" chants.

BUT, as soon as it begins to get "too black, too strong", then it becomes uncomfortable. A little too "angry and militant", and the reaction is to want to "appease the angry natives", exercising that inborn sense if superiority by flinging their interpretation of InI culture. Selectively choosing the more multicultural humanitarian quotes by HIM, and casually dismissing, or worse, out right DENYING the Afrikan experience.

That, dear Idren, is the problem.

From the beginning of time, when white people came out of the caucus mountains and we're faced with black gods and a civilization that predates them by THOUSANDS of years, rather then humbly enter our home/temple/lands and learn InI spiritual systems, they stole, plagerized and desecrated our teachings. Whitewashed history to benefit their people.

The same scenario is STILL being played out among RasTafari. We see the pattern every day. In a multitude of ways, overtly and covertly, passively aggressive, sprinkled with that "turn the other cheek" judeo-christian mentality, this coming from a people with the most violent and aggressive natures and history! The irony can not be ignored. It is not in our imagination but a shared collective experience.

I have seen the most "Black heart" white Rastas get uncomfortable when ini discuss the divine function of melanin, or ancestral connection, or Afrikan traditional systems, or talk of liberation.

It's all good as long as we keep it multicultural and flowery.

Not so much when it gets too black.

THAT IS THE OFFENSE TO INI.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/20/2015 10:43:10 AM

The subject of "killing whites" was mentioned.

When, in the history of mankind, have WE ever indiscriminately (other then in self defense) gone around killing white folks?

Has ANYONE ever heard of Afrikan Rasta killing white rastas? EVER????

What is the intention behind such a false statement?

The genocidal, murderous, evil history of Europeans cannot be applied to InI. The earth is soggy with the blood of OUR ANCESTORS, and black people continue to be SLAUGHTERED ON A DAILY BASIS.

The insinuation that we murder whites (or discuss their murder) is reflective of a guilty people. Projecting their murderous natures onto InI.

And before ones and ones want to react with the old tiresome and classic reaction that indigenous people had tribal wars too, or also exhibit racism, I humbly suggest proceeding wisely, for the 2 cannot be compared.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/20/2015 10:46:34 AM

I tell sincere white people, 'Work in conjunction with us- each of us working among our own kind.' Let sincere white individuals find all other white people they can who feel as they do- and let them form their own all-white groups, to work trying to convert other white people who are thinking and acting so racist. Let sincere whites go and teach non-violence to white people!

We will completely respect our white co-workers. They will deserve every credit. We will give them every credit. We will meanwhile be working among our own kind, in our own black communities- showing and teaching black men in ways that only other black men can- that the black man has got to help himself. Working separately, the sincere white people and sincere black people actually will be working together.

In our mutual sincerity we might be able to show a road to the salvation of America's very soul.

Malcolm X

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/20/2015 11:08:31 AM

These words of brothah Garveys deserve to be repeated, reflected and iditated upon

Humbly we tell you it is a black liberation movement from it's inception therefore king you don't really have a right to voice an opinion onto how black people should choose to run such a movement. Let me tell you there will be no peace before justice. No all accepting and equal until the black race is back in its rightful position.

Ashe'

Messenger: Unify us all Sent: 11/20/2015 11:29:56 AM

The only reason I brought up "killing whites" is because it was brought up under another topic on the forum and it startled me I know it holds no actual substance

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 60

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I