Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6269&start_row=11

Why do some Rastas reject the Bible since our belief of the Holy lineage and prophecy of H.I.M come from the Bible and Revelations? Give thanks.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 54
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/15/2015 1:13:51 PM

"Do not worship me, I am not God. I'm only a man. I worship Jesus Christ."

I heard that quote a long time ago, but never heard any real proof for it.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/15/2015 1:50:17 PM

TafarI doesn't mean Creator, it means one to be feared. the word Fetari means Creator.

Messenger: KnowThySelf333 Sent: 11/15/2015 3:57:59 PM

Messenger: KnowThySelf333 Sent: 11/15/2015 3:58:53 PM

The bible is not the source of Rastafari.
The emperor spoke in this way of the bible because he is a christian.But it doesnt mean that all Rastafari must share the exact same beliefs and religion as the emperor because there is obviously a difference between christian and Rasta.Its not the emperors religion that gave birth to rastafari or brings Rasta people together in RastafarI name.

I think "I'm a man" and "I worship Jesus Christ"
was taken from different speeches and so this one quote was created and "Dont worship me" was added.But I doubt the emperor ever said this whole quote exactly as it is written.When he came to jamaica he didnt tell the elders not to worship him.

Peace.

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 11/15/2015 6:26:17 PM

H.I.M believed the Word and, said despite many translations and languages and no matter the version, the word remains one and true, and breaks past all boundaries of kingdoms and nationalities. Hail the most high God JAH Ras Tafari.

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 11/15/2015 6:29:52 PM

Adam was the first locks man.

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 11/15/2015 6:36:25 PM

In an ancient text the righteous seed of Adam have been described as "lions".

as much as kemet has its beliefs, israel has its facts and since H.I.M say, no one can interfere in the realm of God, no one has the right of saying one's beliefs are void.

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 11/15/2015 6:42:38 PM

It was Ras Tafari's wish, expressed in his words and action that all people of his country, Ethiopia (Africa), read the bible. Ras Tafari is an Israelite, and there are more Israelites through out Ethiopia (Africa). Bible is part of Israel culture.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/15/2015 6:48:48 PM

Give thanks Ark I, I stand corrected! Each one teach one.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/15/2015 10:26:27 PM

"Given what I know now, I refuse to accept this limited view of Ethiopia and its contribution to world spirituality because this view has stagnated our concept of religion in afrika and how we relate to other cultures. I refuse to keep validating my perception of the divinity of Haile Selassie through an Israelite god. Ideas of emperors being gods existed long before the presence of the Israelites in Egypt. We, as Rastafarians, can find the essence of our spirituality in an Ethiopia and Egypt void of Israelite interpretation."

"Our need to understand each other and our environment is very crucial in the rationalization of our existence. This can only be realized through clarity of perception. Religion does not offer clarity. What religion offers is a perception and this perception comes through belief. This belief comes through faith and, as we know, faith is not knowledge. Faith is what we would like our perception to be or not to be. Haile Selassie declares, "We must not confuse Spirituality with Religion." Rastafari must not be bound by religious perceptions because this will cause stagnation of the movement and thereby create fundamentalism. We must be open to the different cultures of afrika and not demonize them because of biblical interpretations."

--Mutabaruka

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 54

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I