Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6269&start_row=1

Why do some Rastas reject the Bible since our belief of the Holy lineage and prophecy of H.I.M come from the Bible and Revelations? Give thanks.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 54
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ras93 Sent: 11/15/2015 4:34:50 AM

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/15/2015 4:42:52 AM

Ras 93

The name and the question seem familiar

In short: the lineage you mentioned goes way way way back before the bible was written or even before the time of genesis the bible writes about. The prophecy of HIM you mention did not come from the Bible initially but from the teachings of Black Nationalists such as Garvey etc
For I and I as the Maafa we sight the bible from a very unique perspective. I and I sight the wickedness both in the bible which people often overlook for the more positive messages yet if you have a glass of clean water and drop 1 bit of shit in there the whole glass of water becomes dirty. Now apply that analogy to the truths and falsehoods, positivity and negativity, originality and tampering; contained within the bible it strange to I to still uplift it AS something from God or a diety. I and I as the Maafa also have first hand experience as to how the bible has been used to create and perpetuate evil acts. I and I as AFRICANS are once more aware that our history (as with the history of ethiopia and HIM) far outstretch the limited and peripheral stories contained within the bible, and our culture is far from limited to that of being israelite.

Hope that answers for you

Messenger: ras93 Sent: 11/15/2015 4:44:53 AM

we had some disputes some time back, but this is my first time asking this question.

Messenger: ras93 Sent: 11/15/2015 4:45:51 AM

I give thanks or the answer.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/15/2015 4:52:07 AM

About white rasta. Yes I remember now give thanks for the I return

I edited my original post.

Isis

Messenger: ras93 Sent: 11/15/2015 5:35:09 AM

But HIM always was a devout believer of the Bible, i don't think he would have such a partial approach. Although i do understand what you are saying and agree to a large extent. I'm just trying to put things in perspective, we mostly call upon Revelations and His Holiness through the Bible, yet at the same claim some other parts are false (which i also believe). So how to put things in perspective?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/15/2015 5:44:38 AM

Once more, we don't solely sight HIM through the revelations of the Bible. We didn't begin to first sight HIM that way either. We didn't get our prophecy about HIM that way either.

HIM may have different opinions and beliefs about the Bible as he has a different experience with it, was taught the Bible in a different way and has different alleged ties to some of the characters. I and I black people especially in the West and in any other African country outside of modern Ethiopia and Egypt will not have this same history with the Bible and therefore will not have the same opinions and beliefs or perspective of it.

Haile Selassie religious opinions and beliefs have nothing to do with I and I trod.
Haile Selassie I religious beliefs are very different to that of ANYBODY claiming rastafari. That would be like saying a Roman Catholic a Jew and a 7th day Adventist are the 'same' and share the same beliefs because they both believe or glory in the Bible. That's obviously bs. I find this point the most relevant. How hypocritical of ones to question I and I rasta about distrust and dislike of the Bible and say that I am not following or practicing the ways of HIM, YET AND STILL, the I dem ALSO do not have the very same views of religion as HIM. Otherwise de I dem would be EOC members.

Rasta have very different beliefs between one rasta and the next because rasta higher than belief. It is not the crux of our movement.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/15/2015 5:49:50 AM

"Do not worship me, I am not God. I'm only a man. I worship Jesus Christ."

If HIM by being a Bible follower has come to THIS decision. Then I know the Bible and Jesus Christ is not for I. I also know that I do not have to adopt the religion of I mother or I father for them to be I mother and father and for I to love and honor them. THAT is I religion as man trod as a Rastafari

Messenger: ras93 Sent: 11/15/2015 5:50:33 AM

Once again, i give thanks for the reasoning.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/15/2015 11:52:30 AM

Because not all of us need biblical reference to Sight Truth. Because a wise one transcends the tenets of blind faith towards a path of in-light-nment of Iniversal Truths.

RASTA FARI” is known loooong before Judeo-Christianity when BLACK ANU people of Nile Civilizations whose School of On (ANNU) taught the “PATH OF THE ATEN,” and graduated a “SUN PEOPLE”

Kemet/Kush and Rastafari goes hand and hand. The name Rastafari was taken from the school of Annu in Kemet. Rastau(which was it's Kemetic spelling) meant knowledge of the known universe.

Ras” means “Head” and “Tafari” means “creator”. This head creator was know in Kemet(ancient Egypt) as Ptah, who synonymous with Ausar(Asr-Osiris), The “Risen soul”, or awakened one. Ptah was known as the father of the Gods, the “head creator”. In the Egyptian Book of coming forth, Ausar is known as “King of Kings, Lord of Lords, lord of RastAU”. 

You see in ancient Kemet men were known as SAKURA (MEANING SONS OF GOD). Did not Christ say he was the son of God?

While some may suggest that the kushite/Kemetic word "Rasta(u)" has no connection to Haile Selassie, I would humbly say that they are undeniable.

Do we not all agree and even chant that Rasta has been here "from the time the foundations of Creation were laid"?. This would naturally and logically be before the birth of HIM and/or His coronation. So when InI bring forth ancient texts that speak of not only the literal WORD "Rasta" but also the esoteric, cosmological principles and vibrations found therein, it should be overstood as such.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 54

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I