Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6266&start_row=11

What happen to InI after passing

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: PurpleBlue Sent: 11/14/2015 4:25:26 AM

----------
Ancestral spirits/energies can not be proven any more than the existence of God.
----------

Right, and they are proven to the conscious.

Messenger: PurpleBlue Sent: 11/14/2015 4:25:30 AM

It is right to focus on Life. Sight the I's life and passed ones as alive.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/14/2015 5:32:18 AM

I not focus on "after" it was about do ones sight up duppy/ghost I only ask becsuse of the picture that was sent to I. Being that the picture was taken in a sugar mill on a sugarcane slave plantion and the outfit on the figure is an old colonial slave type outfit just seeing ones reasoning on the passed flesh moving about in another dimension sometimes visible in similar form as the flesh.

If living people are experiencing this then it is a part of life

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/14/2015 10:07:22 AM

I'm certainly no expert but in my humble opinion,
if something was captured in the photograph, I would think it was energy, or the essence of. The flesh is what truly "dies", but the spirit/ancestor/energy does not. Actually, come to think of it, even our "flesh" is passed on through DNA. How many times have we heard our elders explain "my God, but look at junior! If I didn't know better, I'd swear that was Kweku standing in front of me, just as sure as I'm alive!!"...LOL!

As ini ancestors taught, the universe/man is cyclical, not linear. As above, so below (symbolized in the "star of david"). Life/death are ONE. What some refer to as "Eternal life" (energy does not die, it only transforms)

Overstanding this "neter/natural law" does not mean we celebrate or focus on death. Life and death are a natural cycle.

To separate life and death is like trying to find the beginning and end of a circle.

InI celebrate the divine blessing of life, and live to the fullest, and do not fear death. We overstand the cycle. When ini TRANSITION/TRANSFORM to the ancestral/spiritual realm...and...yes, as many spiritual systems suggest, may decide to come forward again through ini descendants.

As di youth dem seh...it's all good. Everything is everything.

:)

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/14/2015 12:07:32 PM

The existence of ancestral spirits is unproven belief and/or faith, not knowledge. While I don't think belief and faith is necessarily a bad thing, the I them speak about ancestral spirits like it is reality and not just your belief and/or faith, and criticize others for dealing with belief and faith.

Ancestral spirits are no more real or unreal than the concept of God. I just don't Iverstand how the I them can be so critical about other people believing in God, and present yourselves as not dealing with superstition and supernatural. But than speak about ancestral spirits and reincarnation with no proof, but just belief.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/14/2015 1:30:14 PM

Good and fair question bredren.

There is a western misconception that the two concepts (ancestors/spirits and "God") oppose or contradict each other.

Traditional Afrikan/indigenous spiritual systems include, harmonize and honor both. The western mind misunderstood those systems and misdedefined them as "politheistic" (worship of many gods). This was a grotesque misinterpretation as we in fact gave monotheism (concept of One god) to the world, becoming the foundation of all world religions.

We overstood and expressed the many ATTRIBUTES, REFLECTIONS and EXPRESSIONS of the Creator. Kemetic systems, Yoruba, Dagara, all have a monotheistic view of the Most High Creator. Just as the Christian pantheon (saints, angels) the Yoruba, for example have Olundumare as the Creator and all the Orishas.

What we take issue with is NOT the knowledge of the Creator ("God") but western man's blasphemy and DESECRATION of InI ancient spiritual, cultural, ancestral and cosmological principles of that One.

To overstand the Creator, we look at His/her FIRST "Word" (not men's interpretations) and that is CREATION (Nature/Neter).

We do not need faith or belief to KNOW that if RA (Sun) does not rize tomorrow, ALL LIFE ENDS.

We don't need faith or proof to KNOW that spirit is energy. And does not die. No spookism or anything "supernatural" about that.

Christianity speaks of resurecction and eternal life. It is deemed as acceptable because it has a Biblical stamp of truth to it. But is the concept so different then what our ancient taught?

We do not need proof or faith to KNOW that without our ancestors, WE WOULD NOT BE.

When the bible speaks of the sins of the forefathers being passed down generations, it is accepted as true. But when some traditions speak of Karma, ohhh...well...that's just more of that mystic stuff and "not of Christ"

Our ancestors had a HOLISTIC view of all things. That many come out of ONE. The concept of life/death/life. A cyclical view of life, not a linear one.

Our issue is with a linear, seperatist, western perspective and mistranslations of our whole-istic ancestral systems which apparently were good enough to be the foundation/root of ALL religions but not "truth" if not found in western bible.

The stone that the builder refused.

We do not trust white man's bible or so-called spiritual systems, interpretations, fictional characters, cultural values, etc. And will systematically and relentlessly question it. We don't need proof to know this is a matrix, a world of illusions, and we refuse to eat of its rotten and poisonous fruit.

We need no proof or faith to know that our ancestors are the very root of Christianity. While some prefer drinking from VERSIONS of "water", InI prefer drinking from its KUSHITE SOURCE.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/14/2015 1:45:21 PM

There is no belief involved when I say I am I ancestors. This can be proven with science. As can the acknowledgement that there are infinite unseen connections between all matters of existance. I and I trod in the name of I ancestors. The word spirit maybe give you ideas of Holy Ghost and thing but that is not what InI mean.

To subscribe to ideas which completely oppose the laws of science and basic logic from our own observation of nature; because of what an unknown author wrote at an unknown time for unknown reasons, is belief. And unnatural

Messenger: royal dawta Sent: 11/14/2015 2:42:11 PM

In Egyptian paintings the Ka is shown standing protectively behind Egyptian word Ba-her-Khat literally meaning the Ba over a dead body.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/14/2015 10:49:29 PM

Give thanks Royal Dawta! InI give thanks as I also wanted to share on the Kushite/Kemetic view on this reasoning. ONENESS!

AFU-RA-KAN OF THE SOUL /SPIRIT

The fact of the matter is that in the B.C., Afrika was known as the "land of the spiritual people"; but as a result of the European supremacy, Afrikan peoples have been transformed into a religious people.

The Afrikan Mystery System does not follow a single scripture, but rather a fluid understanding of balance, justice and truth.

THE 9 ASPECTS OF THE SOUL

AKH the divine substance of the human soul 
2. SEKHEM the energy pattern of the divine spirit, the song of the soul 
3. IB: the life-force, territory of the heart 
4. KHAT: the soul's container, that which decays, "I stink therefore I am." 
5. SHUIT: the living shadow, proof of reality 
6. REN: the magic of your name, divine identity 
7. BA: the you whom only you can know, the inside of the mask 
8. KA: the you as others know you, the outside of the mask 
9. SAHU: the natural boundary of the psychic self, horizon of the divine self 

When a person dies, the BA and KA become separated from the body, though they do not die. The soul was called KA and it is this root word from which the "KA" in Kabala derives. It has been linked etymologically also to the nkra (= soul) in the Twi language of the Akan people of Ghana. Everything that happens to an individual, in the present or past lifetimes, is registered in the soul memory -- the portion of spirit - Much of it goes into the "unconscious" or the "subconscious". There it takes shape as a pattern of energy organization of the spirit that manifests over and over again in various aspects of our lives. That the soul begins its metaphorical upward journey back to its true Higher Self -- What they called "to realize Ausar" and to live and experience the oneness of all Creation. That was the Kamitic conception of resurrection.

This is the essential story of Jesus Christ. He is an archetypal God-the-Son whose purpose is to restore the kingdom of God to the throne -- the throne being the Consciousness of each individuated soul. It may take countless incarnations to do so, but therein lies the Kamitic concept of "salvation." The Atum lies within, and likewise, too, salvation ultimately lies within.

Living flesh is the doorway between the spirit dimension of the soul's source and the physical dimension of reality. The reality of the Hidden Place, of the spiritual plane of the soul before birth and after death, was a powerful belief, and meditation on that belief was the science of those ages, accepted as logic and grounded in careful, empirical observations of nature, man, and life.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/14/2015 10:53:19 PM

ON THE SUBJECT OF ANCESTORS/ANGELS/SPIRITS

Of course Ancestral worship remains paramount to our spiritual and physical health and represents the cornerstone of ALL spiritual life in indigneous spiritual systems. It also forms the basis for community ethics, but it is not in lieu, but in ADDITION to a belief in God.

Lineages recorded in the biblical Genesis is derived from an ancient oral tradition regarding primeval ancestors. The same can be said of the Kebra Nagast.

The Book of Daniel the Aramaic term used to denote angels is "watchers" (`îrîn). Each is also called "watcher and holy one" (`îr weqadîsh). The term "watcher" implies that angels are to act as God's sentinels.

Peoples of central Africa believe that the greater a ruler in life, the more powerful his spirit after death. Deified ancestor rulers stand between the living and the Creator. The spirits of righteous ancestor rulers continue after death to seek good for their people.

They found our forefathers worshipping the "true living  God." We have never addressed our ancestors as God and we are not  worshipping them but honoring them. The bible has commanded to honor your parents for your days to be prolonged. Your forefathers are your ancestors.

Europeans knew that to seperate us from our ancestors was a sure way to weaken us, using religion as their tool to justify their racist myths, slavery and the Afrikan holocaust.

They demonized our tradition of honoring our ancestors yet ironically made sure we study about their ancestors in our schools. They call their ancestors angels and ours demons.

Every scholar will admit that when Europeans speaks about angels they speak about their dead people, they believe that when their loved ones died they go to heaven to be angels and watch over them. They made us to honor their ancestors in the name of angels and to dishonor our ancestors and consider them as demons.

We are all linked to our ancestors by the following, surname, blood, language, flesh, bones and even voice.

Hebrew word mal)ak and the Greek angelos used for angels in the Bible mean “messenger.

Angels are messengers from God who are directly concerned with the doings of this earth. These are messengers of the Lord, and are spoken of in the epistle to the Hebrews as "ministering spirits" (Hebrews 1:14).

What is the difference between the indigenous view of ancestors and their role with humans and the religious views of angels, other then the biblical stamp of truth to one and the demonization of the other?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I