Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6263&start_row=11

IU-SA IU-ZEUS (JESUS) IAH (JAH)

1 - 1011 - 19
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/9/2015 6:34:49 PM

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 11/9/2015 6:43:12 PM

The world would be a lovely place if all man took on him/herself the yoke of Jah upon his shoulder and learn from Him instead of learning from men.

#higher learning#holy spirit#"magic"#conscious#patient teacher#merciful master

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/9/2015 7:11:49 PM

"Fire burn imagery"

You mean, like the imagery all over the Ethiopian Orthodox Church and bible that HIM loved so?

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 11/9/2015 7:42:06 PM

No, I mean comparing GOD to images and things.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/9/2015 7:51:57 PM

“Truth is a continuous examination, and Fact... always supersedes belief.” ¯ Yosef A.A. Ben-Jochannan, African Origins of the Major "Western Religions"

Faith is a wonderful thing – when based in reality.

Blind faith, however, is neither a wonderful thing, nor based in reality. Accepting anything as gospel (so to speak) without any question will simply lead to trouble.

This of course is exactly why belief is called just that – “Belief!”

Most good people do not see the extraordinarily clever fundamentalist deception that they have subconsciously accepted since their formative years. Faith may indeed move mountains but it does not make massively indoctrinated religious visions into reality. Faith – blind faith (of any religious persuasion), can also be destructive, as history proves.

Regrettably, there are some holier-than-thou zealots that would have us return to the disturbing teachings and dangerous laws established in the Bible. Faith may indeed move mountains but it does not make massively indoctrinated religious visions into reality.

We see some holier-than-thou zealots full of religious fanaticism, dressed up as ultimate good, which helps no one. We must all be aware of the dangers of the fundamentalist acting on blind faith.

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 11/9/2015 7:59:17 PM

seen, stick to your faith, I stick to my faith, I no care what you call it. bless

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/9/2015 8:04:27 PM

Massey is not really a reliable source of anything Egyptian.

People have to be careful about associating words between languages. Just because it sounds the same, doesn't mean the words are related.

This one quote from Massey is completely wrong, and his other associations to his name are likely just as wrong.
----------
But whence comes the "s" in Jesus's name? This is of great importance. It is derived from an Egyptian suffix written either SA, SE, SI, SU, or SAF, SEF, SIF or SUF (SAPH, SEPH, SIPH or SUPH) and meaning "the son," "heir," "prince" or successor to the father.
----------

The "us" at the end of Jesus is just converting the name to a Greek version of the name. Even if the Greek "us" is derived from Kemet, which I doubt, it was not the root of the name, it was something added to the name by the Greeks.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/9/2015 9:17:45 PM

Greetings Ark I,

From my overstanding, outside of Gerald Massey's work, SA means "son" and IU "to come"

Remember, even though they are spoken of in human terms, the ever-coming one refers to the cosmological/celestial which also has a spiritual meaning in man because man is a microcosm of the universe.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/10/2015 1:23:10 PM

I was more talking about the connections he made to the name Jesus, and some other connections he has made regarding Kemet.

1 - 1011 - 19

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I