Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6251&start_row=51

Why can't "White" men read "Black" men's minds?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 65
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/18/2015 6:53:03 AM

According to your interpretation.

Interesting play of events set up in that Garden by an all knowing God who is beyond the realm of time. Lol is as if he wanted it that way.

The Bible is oppressive to women. Give thanks His Majesty showed us a different way with a harmony and balance with woman. The coronation was a marriage after all. Meanwhile Jesus frighten to claims Mary Magdelene

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 11/20/2015 9:00:11 AM

i guess eminem can read the minds of black men while vanilla ice couldnt

Messenger: John I.S. Sent: 11/23/2015 9:32:34 AM

Ras Tafari and Honourable Menen were married long before the coronation event.

Messenger: John I.S. Sent: 11/23/2015 11:05:29 AM

how does the bible oppress women?

Messenger: John I.S. Sent: 11/23/2015 11:09:24 AM

Jah never oppress his creation.

Messenger: John I.S. Sent: 11/23/2015 11:10:59 AM

Jah bless.
Give thanks.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/23/2015 7:51:42 PM

The Bible is oppressive to women in many ways. One of the first ways in claiming original sin or evil began with women despite having no proof or authority to this claim whatsoever. Coinciding with this is the claim that Man came first again without any which proof and science suggesting otherwise. The fact that women are objectified as suppm to be 'won' and taken possession of after the Israelites (mixed nation) would invade their land. The fact that God is anthropomorphisized as a male with no feminine manifestation even in the trinity (SUS)

More??

In Genesis 3:16 it tells us: “thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.”

1 Corinthians 11 "Christ is the head of every man, and a husband the head of his wife, and the head of Christ is God.”

1 Corinthians 11:7-9:"For a man is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; neither was man created for woman but woman for man. For this reason, and because of the angels, the woman ought to have a sign of authority on her head."

1 Corinthians 14:34-35: "...women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says, If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church."

Ephesians 5:22-24: "Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife...wives should submit to their husbands in everything."

More??

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/23/2015 8:18:22 PM

No one who reads through the Bible can ignore the blatant misogyny and barbarity toward women. There are examples of sexism toward women in both the Old and New Testament, and Christians today still use those scriptures to oppress women.

Moses orders his army to kill enemy men, boys, and women who have already slept with a man, “but all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves” (Numbers 31:17-18). If taking a human war trophy based solely on the prisoner’s gender and sexual status isn’t implied permission to commit rape, I honestly don’t know what is. Even God receives thirty-two virgins as his share of the spoils, but they’re handed over to the priest for obvious reasons (Numbers 31:40-41).

Moses provides a long list of people with whom we are not to have sexual contact in Leviticus 20:10-21, but noticeably absent from this list is the debauchery of a father with his daughter.

Childbirth is another natural event that God deems foul. If a woman gives birth to a boy, she will be unclean for seven days while she undergoes the same ritual for her menstrual period. She must then be purified for thirty-three days and barred from entering worship during this time. If she produces a girl, the sentence of solitary confinement is doubled to fourteen and sixty-six days, respectively (Leviticus 12:1-5). In addition to God unfairly designating women as filthy individuals following childbirth, this passage heavily insinuates that girls are dirtier than boys because it punishes a woman more harshly for giving birth to a female child

We find several more cruelties perpetrated against women in these historical books. Such atrocities include a woman given away as a prize (Judges 1:12-13); a woman offered as a sacrifice (Judges 11:29-39); married daughters given to other people (Judges 15:2); rape, murder, and mutilation by a mob; (Judges 19:22-30); abduction of virgins (Judges 21:7-23); purchasing of wives (Ruth 4:10 and 1 Samuel 18:25-27); and God punishing David by allowing his son to sleep with his wives and concubines, an act for which the women were later imprisoned (2 Samuel 12:11-12, 16:22, 20:3).

Messenger: royal dawta Sent: 11/24/2015 1:29:28 AM

The story of Adam and Eve of the the Bible was revised to promote hatred of iwomban and sexism. Kemetic history teaches that a God and Goddess (man and iwomban) were created simultaneous. The real African story is of the Goddess Seshat giving the fruit of divine light and wisdom in order for the King to rule the thrown. Our ancestors had no problem overstanding the sacred womb that we all came from. That was the basis of the Goddess principal and the matrilineal system of Africa.

Messenger: John I.S. Sent: 11/24/2015 4:11:05 AM

In that case you hate Zion. Judgement on all who hate Zion.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 65

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I