Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6222&start_row=11

Snuff and Rasta livity

1 - 1011 - 19
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 10/7/2015 7:58:29 AM

It depends with the ancestor you are deal with my lord,sum of the ancestors adapted di snuff ting in that time.

When man go inna trance and possessed by an ancestor spirit,the spirit might ask for snuff,others might ask for traditional beer,others may ask for kind a cloths depending on the Irit.

The plant might have been exported to Afrika though but in I culture it is a mainly used and very powerfull.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 10/14/2015 4:25:34 PM

lol...mi breda G A I overs your point there but yu really need to come home and see it for ypurself,some of these things cant be explained in English,experience is the best teacher..

The plant might be exotic but.the making of the snuff is traditional....some also say there is bush tobacco

But from I experience,though I neva sniff it but only bath with it and chant word of power,I have seen its mystikal vibe.

Some of these things need yu to come and experience yourself

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/14/2015 5:12:33 PM

The only mystikal thing InI see about grabba leaf is the money ones make from hustling it. And the fact it is a slightly healthier option than a Craven or a Benson.

I don't really rate them thing deh too much.

Deh I is right still, I not experienced the 'new-traditional' ways it has been incorporated into some African cultures and spiritual systems. I man never even considered bathing with it. I man glad seh the I isn't promoting the sniff or smoking it thing too much.....I like that. Maybe a 1st hand experience would change I mind completely. When (Jah willing)I trod dem sides bredda link up and show I direct. Whole heap of intricate indigenous things can't really translate through this cursed language

Bless up

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 10/19/2015 3:30:25 PM

Yes I

I got a confirmation now from cultural elders and dem say its not tobacco dat make snuff but ancient wild herbs mixed together

The other one grown like tobacco but not it...the herbs are indigenous and had been used for many many years ago by I ancestors

Tobacco nuh make I snuff

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/19/2015 8:24:31 PM

I wonder if it is this that they use.

http://snuffhouse.com/discussion/4607/kanna-snuff

https://www.erowid.org/plants/kanna/kanna.shtml

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 10/20/2015 12:02:15 AM

no this cant be ca the herbs are more bushy and only found here in afrika's deep forest

You cant find this mystikal herbs pon internet

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/20/2015 11:55:56 PM

Don't be so sure of that. It may have a different name then you are familiar with, but there is most likely a record of the herb somewhere on the internet.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 5/29/2019 3:33:45 PM

There is this traditional healer in I place on top of one rock mountain.He use water n snuff to heal people and many people follow him.

First he lead his patients,and clients under a sacred tree to the Shona people called the Bestrige tree or Muhacha,this tree is considered sacred because its a bridge to the ancestors where one will report all his/her problems to it.It is said in ancient times our foreparents use to ask for food under the tree and given it.

So when that stage is done the healer man mix snuff and water and give it to his clients to drink(it doesn't taste good).Soon after dat,he fills the ballpoint barrel with snuff and blow it heavily in the nostrils of his clients then immediately give them plenty water to drink.The procedure is so horrible n painful,some then begin to vomit.

The last one is,he put snuff in a big tray of burning charcoal and make his clients surround the big tray and cover them with a tent to inhale the snuff smoke for at least five minutes.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 6/6/2019 10:02:54 AM

One rasta elder repatriatee from Jamaica i know sniff snuff.There was once a hot debate over this topic at one binghi gathering i attended in I early days in Rastafari.During binghi Ises different locksman with different vibration gather,some are not rasta who praise Selassie,but have this frequency of ancient afrikan irit.Some are even sangomaz/traditional healer or mystics who play mbira,an ancestral musik instrument usually played for entertainment or for invoking ancestors,but i remember one idren being restricted to play it pon binghi and sniff snuff .

The christianized elders forbade him saying we only play drums n shaker.

1 - 1011 - 19

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I