Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6221&start_row=1

Problems caused by not following your tradition

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 9/29/2015 3:10:09 AM

I have to create another thread different from the Are spells real thread so as not to confuse the two.

This is thru I own experience and life journey.Iman realise dat,the spell ting ain't an individual ting but a family problem affecting everyone in the family.

When my great grandmumma pass flesh,because of christianity,I grandfathers didn't return her possessions to her family and according to our culture its an abomination or a taboo and can bring a strong curse on the family.

The other issue now is no one knows her relatives and her story anymore.So the mission is hard.

Her spirit is not at peace with I family and the elder people who are aware of it take it for granted.

It is a pity.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 10/1/2015 9:06:42 AM

yes. we have to hold on to our cultures. but i dont think christianity is to blame for those problems. some people just look for wisdom but wont find it even if wisdom is all around them. positivity lays in christianity and positivity is with everybody who looks out for god. but once other truth seeking humans arent seen as such anymore, the war starts. then its all about christians vs pagans or culture defenders vs. confused church members as some people may see it.

learning more about the family is just a good thing. its a thing everyboy can do. faiths hould help, not destroy things.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 10/4/2015 7:57:15 PM

Christianity/bible has been the destroyer of many culture the world over!

Many people shun their traditional ways because of Christianity/bible.
When u get African people referring to their ancestral spiritual practices as idol worship/demonic because of Christianity/bible the its IS to be blamed!

Should we follow all of our cutural so call "superstitions" tho even some things are shown to just not be so? I remember growing up with alot of beliefs that the elders really stuck to but ppl dont really do no more.

As African people no matter where we are or have been placed and brought up we were grown up with a lot of beliefs, some things in common, some similar some diffetent. Are those beliefs merely superstitions or are supm we should hold on for some unknown truths that may lie within them or their ancestral ties to honor the ancestors?

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 10/8/2015 11:11:08 AM

Greetings I Bredren,
Selahsie I Love + Guidance.
It is very interesting to hear about the traditions in the I culture, about giving the belongings to the person's family after they pass. If this was important to Greatgrandmama, I think it makes sense if the I great grandmama is not at peace, she would try to get attention from ones in the life realm so the I can help her to be satisfied. The I can ask great grandmama what is it that needs to be done, and maybe once the I do it, the curse and the uneasy spirit of grandmama will be eased.
In the opposite case, Iwombman have a grandfather whose flesh pass a couple years recently. I was able to hold his hand and tell him thank you so much on behalf of our whole family, we love you and we are so thankful for you, and if you are ready to go then we are ready to say goodbye to you. I know that his Irit was at peace when he passed and today, every day, I still feel him and I see the good things that he still does for our family even while he is in another realm. I know that it is true that an ancestor can affect the goings of the family after the person pass flesh. Brother Zion Mtn I am sure the I can find a way to make things right with Great Grandmama and let her bless the family with her peace and joy.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/9/2015 11:45:22 PM

How can you say Christianity is not to blame? Those spreading Christianity were very active in trying to erase people's culture and tradition and replace it with Christianity. Some people, like the Slavs of Europe tried to keep their old religion and culture and mix it with Christianity. Those spreading Christianity developed ways to transition people away from this dual-religion mindset, to replace it fully with their form of Christianity. Centuries ago, they even wrote about the techniques they used, explaining how the same techniques could be used in Africa.

Islam is another religion where people did the same thing.

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I