Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6207&start_row=51

HIV/AIDS

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 59
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: KnowThySelf333 Sent: 9/25/2015 2:23:42 PM

Yes I understand the chance of winning the lottery mathematically is higher when buying more tickets because with every combination of numbers its a possible winning combination.
Thus if you play the lottery and the chance of winning is 1/5 000 000,and you were to buy 5 000 000 tickets with a different combination you can be 100% sure one of those numbers has won.

Not so with aids.
And correct me if Im wrong but if for example the chance of transmitting it through sexual intercourse is 1/2000,and you make love 2000 times with the infected partner its still not 100% you got it like with the lottery.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 9/25/2015 6:52:24 PM

No. Neither will it be for the lottery. It will never be 100% but it will get closer and closer to the absolute. It basically (1/500) squared by the number of times

Sticking to the lottery example. The number of tickets was maybe the wrong analogy. But for a single ticket..... The person who plays every week for a year has a higher chance of winning than the person who plays just once.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 9/25/2015 7:18:02 PM

This gone left a little as we gone deep into math. I like that tho lol respect. I made an error in my last post and it won't let me change..... I misunderstood. You are right about the lottery and right about the fact that it will never be a 'definate' with HIV transmission....... It's a 'binomial distribution' for the probability (not the square as stated). There's a few papers on trying to apply the model that way with HIV

In essence, the person who has been exposed to HIV after one sexual encounter is at a lower risk (even if the differences are small) than the person who has had multiple encountes with HIV exposure. And vice versa. That's what I wanted to point out.....But your right in that if you are exposed 500 times with a 1/500 probability it doesn't mean you will DEFINITELY get it...... There will never be a definite it will get closer and closer to 1 but never there (exponential).

I hope that makes sense.
Haile

Messenger: KnowThySelf333 Sent: 9/25/2015 7:37:06 PM

Thanks for further explaining this.
I understand what you mean.

Peace.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 9/25/2015 9:41:51 PM

Did read the comments from the "titled" persons envolved? Not that it makes them correct but that there are persons involed in this with different thoughts on HIV.

Are they wrong or is this information being surpressed?

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 9/26/2015 9:15:44 PM

Love + honor All.
I wonder what the I's think about the documentary film Angels in the Dust (2007), showing children and elderly being treated for HIV/AIDS in a South Afrikan village where the prevalence is about 50%. The film makes out like antiretrovirals are the only solution to HIV, if there is indeed a solution at all, but I know everyone comes with a bias, I not sure what the film makers were aiming for in this situation.
Powerful and eye opening film nonetheless.
Bless UP the youths and the parents, JAH give I&I&I&I health and relief

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 9/28/2015 8:27:46 AM

http://www.boonsomfarm.com/en/info_about07.html

^ spirulina as HIV treatment

Messenger: Ras Sent: 9/28/2015 8:50:15 AM

Give thanks Bobobinghi Jahcup!
Various plants are helpful as AIDS treatment especially aloe, artemisia and moringa.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 9/28/2015 4:40:02 PM

Nuff things have bn said about de virus already. I giv thanks to ones & ones for sharings about de virus. I conclusion is dat its better to start de ART early than havin yo body bein raveged by de disease while on trial error of herbs tryin to find a herbal cure in vain. I know herbs are powerful & Ital is realy vital but bein HIV positive is an artificial body state dat may need artificial means like ARVs & condoms to control. Brothers & sistas, wise up & be free from de virus.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 59

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I