Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6206&start_row=1

Praying to God

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: UplifedHigh Sent: 9/12/2015 4:42:02 PM

I believe in God. I believe in Jah. I believe in Jah because in my eyes, the people I see who believe in Jah, have their lives and beliefs aligned with what I believe to be the most divine. For example they let their hair grow because it is natural and like roots, they don't consume meat, see through the propaganda and illusions, have a deep sense of love for all living things. I believe in Jah. But when I pray it feels unnatural to say Jah instead of God. I don't know if this is because I've heard God my whole life. Right now I prefer to use both God and Jah but mostly God or Lord. Is this a big deal? Can I miss the Lord by calling him by the wrong name, even if I love him deeply? Can I just call him by God but understand that his name is also Jah?

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 9/12/2015 7:13:47 PM

i think the best thing to do is to learn where it comes from and to decide how it feels afterwards in my opinion. i think "jah" is part of the king james bible. it is based on a word that couldnt be translated because its only made of consonants. so they have put some or a vowel in it to make it easier for the tongue i think. so we call god "jah" or "jahovia"...

in some religions they have a special or no name for god. i think everybody has to decide for themself and listen to her or his inner voice. the conscious leads the way in my humble opinion.

to me its more about the mind set and lifestyle. not about the name itself. but thats the "level" im on right now.

Messenger: UplifedHigh Sent: 9/12/2015 8:16:50 PM

Thank you for sharing

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 9/12/2015 9:48:23 PM

Humans go by names!

Humans name other things, which they see and cannot see but these things dont tell humans their names

There is no such thing as God or Jah, humans gave the name to something they cnt fully comprehend, now I aint saying that what ppl call God/Jah dont exist Im sayn that just what humans call "IT" not what "IT" calls "IT"

Dont matter what u call it just connect to it

Messenger: UplifedHigh Sent: 9/12/2015 11:24:44 PM

This is so true dude!! I learned this in my class I just didn't put it together with god! But also because the bible says I go by the name god anything else is wrong but I guess I'm letting my fear get a hold of me because that doesn't even sound like something god would say

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 9/13/2015 6:38:52 AM

many things churches do has nothing to do with christianity itself. follow the church or not, this is just a matter of fact. the bible suffers from translation problems and certain interpretations. what is translated as "virgin" for example could simply mean "young girl" in hebrew when it comes to mary. the important role of mary as the mother of god for example is not part of the bible and a "pagan" concept.

but its also a fact that, if you want to follow the bible, you have to know that gods name is part of it.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 9/13/2015 7:18:18 AM

Ancient hebrww is a dead language, anything new is really speculation based off other languages like Syriac, Arabic, Amharic, Aramaic and Ge'ez so no one knows the name exactly at least it cant be proven. All they have is 4 consonants and vowel sounds guessed upon.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 9/13/2015 1:58:26 PM

It seems unnatural to put fire on God because judeochristian western supremacist mentality have topsy-turvy your brain. Have to set it back to its original.

Nobody in the Bible ever used the wordsound 'God'

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 9/13/2015 5:04:44 PM

no. i dont mean the word "god" or god as a real name. i mean "jehovah" or "jah". what i mean is, it started with exodus 6:3 in the king james version.

"And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them".

exodus 17:15, genesis 22:14, judges 6:24, psalms 83:18, isaiah 12:2, isaiah 26:4 are other parts where the name "JEHOVAH" appears. ive looked it up. give thanks!

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 9/13/2015 6:09:33 PM

The YHWH first appaers in genesis 2:4 i believe also Eve used it in gen 4:1

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I