Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6197&start_row=11

Dogon Nommo & Ethiopian Magic Scrolls

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 9/1/2019 9:43:45 AM

Give thanks sistren, good reasonings! And GREAT books you mentioned!

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 9/12/2019 1:32:13 AM

Yes Ras Jesse that is interesting. I had not thought about that fact that Dogon and early Christians both use that fish symbol. What does the I think is the reason for this?
---------------------------------------------------------------------

unseen realities are made visible in our symbols, crucial to our psyches.
we could reason that it is just coincidence and the fish, symbolizes different things for each group, or we may find each group is in touch with a common spiritual reality. if the latter is true then each will have a little different way of sharing knowledge based on their context and culture, they have different hands yet point to same realities beyond the seen

I myself belive the dogon and early christians experienced the same reality. A spiritual reality where one floats as a fish in a cosmic ocean, not bound by gravity is part of us, we swim or float. Most of us have experienced this floating feeling have we not?

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 9/15/2019 6:12:54 AM

Greetings Brother Jesse

Yes it is true I have experienced that feeling of weightlessness and trust in the flow of the universe...
But is that really what the early Christians felt? I thought the whole idea behind christianity was "original sin" and needing to be "saved by the blood"?

Furthermore from Scranton's book on Dogon symbols, and his explanation of the Nommo drawing (an explanation which he got from Dogon spiritual leaders), I also am not sure that floating in the ocean of the cosmos, not being bound by gravity, was their intention behind that symbolism... even though their cosmology does seem to describe the cosmos as a premordial ocean, like the Kemetic idea of Nunet/Nu. I wish I had that book with me now to quote it, but the book is in a box in California. I can only paraphrase to say that each line and marking within the Dogon Nommo drawing depicts a certain stage of material creation out of the cosmos, all of material existence being a result of vibrations, and all of this being linked to the modern day String Theory. If Scranton's explanation that was told to him by the Dogon people is right, then the connection between the two "religions" or cosmologies sharing a fish symbolism probably is a coincidence, unless the early christian meaning behind the fish also had to do with their idea of the creation of the universe (which, because of its simplictic look and how it shares almost no likeness with the Nommo drawing, it probably doesn't).

The christian fish looks, to me, like a section of the vesica pisces, which is also a section of the flower of life image. All of those symbols do seem to share more in common with the Dogon creation story, and also with modern physics (see a video from Nassim Haramein showing the flower of life being related to the physics of protons). I see it as totally possible that the original fish drawing that the early christians used comes from a school of knowledge which ties together all of this ancient science. But was that science what the early christians really believed in? If so, their religion sure did go sideways!

Thankhs for the thought provoking reasoning Ras Jesse, as always. JAH Oneness

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 9/18/2019 1:08:07 AM

All I got to write here is:

Fire burn Babylons conception of what Christianity is

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 9/18/2019 1:22:39 AM

Now, symbols are closer to reality than our interpretations (language) of the symbols

The Lion of Judah carries a cross in the red gold and green. No interpretations needed. No explanation necessary.

A fish moves in more directions than land animals just as our spirit can travel more ways than our minds.

The mind is finite dealing with time space and linear things, spirit is eternal , timeless, infinite grasping realities the logical brain cannot fathom- though it tries in vain- adding words upon words, concepts upon concepts until it buries itself alive.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 9/18/2019 1:26:47 AM

"Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

- Jesus Christ

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 9/24/2019 2:01:00 AM

Raspect brother Jesse... I obviously disagree about the christianity, but moving forward...

https://youtu.be/FWim86UZJRo

A good video on the astrophysics of Dogon teachings.

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I