Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6195&start_row=1

I Have Left Flesh!...What Are Essentials to Ital Eating?

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: DeTuff I Sent: 8/29/2015 10:17:22 PM

What kind of fruits, vegetables, herbs, spices and recipes should I go a look at ?

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 8/30/2015 1:33:28 AM

All kinds!

Some of my favourite recipes;

Porridge

Oats
Water
Cinnamon
Honey
Hemp seed
Fruit of your choice
Goji berries

Soak the oats, water and goji berries overnight. Soak the hemp seed separately. In the morning, drain hemp seed and add to porridge. Alternatively, you can cook the porridge but it means cooked fruit too.

Vegetable stir fry

Before anything else, put some barley on to boil for about 30-40 minutes.

Vegetables of all kinds (whatever is in stock) An example of what I often have in stock;

Carrots
Onions
Garlic
Ginger
Kale
Tomatoes
Baby Corn

Use olive oil, or hemp oil to quickly fry.

Barley should be done. Take off the boil. Hopefully water has reduced to almost nothing, so you can put the entire contents including the barley residue into the stir fry pan.

Add some cashew nuts, and then you can also add spices such as; chilli, turmeric, coriander, cumin, fennel. I use an organic curry powder with no added salt or anything. Ingridients list off the top of my head is something like; Garlic, Ginger, Turmeric, Coriander, cardamom, fenugreek, mustard seed etc etc. Nothing else but dried herbs.

I mostly eat raw stuff, but I find that the raw is more straightforward and difficult to give exact recipes for. I am sure someone could think of some raw recipes though!

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: DeTuff I Sent: 8/30/2015 11:59:19 AM

Sounds delicious! Cant wait to try it

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 8/31/2015 8:56:54 PM

Greetings DeTuff I,

I would greatly recommend any of Dr. Sebi's books, recipes, etc... Below is a link to a Facebook page full of great suggestions and recipes.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alkaline-Vegan-For-Dr-Sebi-Fans/134950720015495

Jah RasTafarI homepage

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 8/31/2015 9:12:59 PM

A few more Ital recipes and links:

Jah RasTafarI Homepage

Jah RasTafarI Homepage

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 9/2/2015 2:51:18 PM

give thanks, rastagodess! nice selection as always.

respect detuff. but i think you actually have started to avoid meat. following an ital diet might help people to stay alive instead of leaving flesh you know. thats the difference.

i dont come with official recipes and if anybody want to give me some advice, its cool. but heres what im eating usually these days:

breakfest/ dinner:

mixed fruits
mixed vegetables
almonds
mashed bananas/ plantains and pears with seeds (sunflower/ pumpkin) and/ or almonds and cinnamon
rice/ mice/ millet cakes (without salt)
banana bread
(toasted) quinoa / wholemeal bread or patties with
- vegan "liver sausage" which isnt made with much salt (very hard to find) and onions
- mixed mashed veggetables
- peanut butter or sesame paste or almond pulp
- tofu stripes (and tomato passata

appetizer:

- soup (made of mixed veggetables)
- mixed salat

lunch:

- soup with tofu stripes
- ital stews (made of mixed veggetables. especially sweet potatos. sometimes in a pan.)
- maffe (rice and/ or tofu, carrots, sweet potato, pepper, herbs, maybe salat, tomato passata or just tomato water and peanut butter/ almond pulp)
- mashed potatos (without salt, maybe with plant drink) and spinache/ beetroot (also with peas or a piece of tofu)
- rice and peas (also with kidneys, veggies, salat and tofu)
- ital burger (made of quinoa/ wholemeal bread or patties with tofu or veggie "meat" and salat)
- falafel/ falafel with herbs (also with rice/ potatos/ noodles or bread/ patties)
- tofu (also with olive, tomato, pepper or barbecue style)/ veggie "meat" (mostly made of chickpeas) and potatos/ rice
- spaghetti (made of soy) with spinache and/ or tomato passata/ water
- lentils and veggies

desserts:

strawberries (with stevia)
vegan water ice
soy/ almond/ rice/ oat/ millet drink with mixed berries in it
vegan chocolate
vegan fruit gums (but you have to be really careful about the sugar and even though its vegan and made without salt or much salt its a convenience product and actually not really ital)

snacks:
popcorn
vegan yoghurt
ital cakes

drinks:

water (as pure as possible)
fresh juices (also selfmade. orange juice fro example)
fresh teas (nettle for example)

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 9/3/2015 2:13:18 AM

Thank you for all the suggestions Reasoningtime.

I just have a few questions. I'm not going to immediately discount the "vegan chocolate" and "vegan gummy bears", but I'm just wondering what the ingridients are in them?

The chocolate - Yes cocoa in it's whole form is Ital so yes. Depends what else they put in.

Just wondering what do they actually make vegan gummies with, and how can they be Ital?

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 9/3/2015 6:02:41 AM

yes, humble one. i dont want to confuse people by saying everthying i usually eat is a perfect example for an ital diet. i think there is no perfect diet.

i think eating ital means to avoid meat (at least pork) and to eat NATURAL products. no salt (or not much) and no fast food like salat out of a plastic box or fries with ketchup or cripsps. it means to chose natural products wisely. thats ital to me.

this is a definiton most italist would agree with i think. i dont want to be bold or confuse people with certain interprations but i think its fair to say that there are no real rules which can be used to decide who lives ital and who doesnt.

some rastas even dont live ital like morgan heritage. its no offensve because they admit it. some rastas eat fish like damian marley. some people use texts from the bible to justify the way they eat (no huge fishes, meat but not pork for example, nothing that comes from grapevine). so ital DOESNT mean you have to follow the bible but you can follow the bible AND live ital like some rastas do! i think we can say some rasta have their own sub categories of an ital lifestyle.

i try to eat natural products, to eat varied, to eat right to get all of the nutrients and vitamins, to eat right while avoiding to eat things that will cause allergic reactions, to eat enough but not too much, to eat healthy by caring about biological food, by caring about local and the right sources. not to mention the ignorance of drugs, alkohol and cigarettes. i also dont drink coffe and soft drinks.

so things like chocolate are "weaknesses" i deal with since i became a vegan. i have to big up all of the italists in here at this point. because many people try to stop drinking several times a motnh and smoking again and again and taking care of the right nutrition is the last thing on their mind. so being an italist, a vegetarian or vegan italist is a challenge in this world. especially in the west. and its a challenge to see how the west isnt the realm it seems to be.

so some italists say you can eat noodles and popcorn for example, even if you (have to) buy it in a supermarket, others say strictly fruit, veggies and maybe soy products would be ital. but i know that some rastas even sell chocolate.

so the gums are something i marked as not really ital in the first place. some people who deal with a interpretation of an italist which isnt that strict would say its ok because its vegan and without much salt while others wont. so to be fair ive said its not what ital really means. thats just a weakness of mine maybe.

when it comes to gums i think those ones are really not ital as well:
http://www.katjes.de/veggie-garten/veggie-produkte/gruen-ohr-baerchen.html

dont know if they sell it in england. at least its vegan. but some packages actually come with sweet whey powder. so again...ital is something else.

this is a convinience product as well. but these gums are unique because its made of fruit 100&. its nothing else than dry juice:
https://www.dm.de/n-a-frucht-snack-himbeere-p3609200003070.html

but I DONT SAY THAT EATING THIS PRODUCTS EVERY DAY IS THE PERECT WAY TO LIVE ITAL. if you live ital and you live in the west its a compromise. personally i wouldnt blame italists who buy this.

this is vegan chocolate. made of cocoa, raw sugar and rise drink. ok...and salt. but salt makes 0,1 % of all ingredients.

http://ichoc.de/white_vanilla/

same thing with chocolate. i adore african italists who are a mix of fruitarians and very strict vegans and the meaning of being an italist can be to eat chocolate all day. sometimes its about the amount of things to me. but again. i wouldnt blame italists who try those vegan chocolates. i think those ones fit into an ital concept.

food is our medicine.

Messenger: DeTuff I Sent: 9/3/2015 9:02:36 PM

I thank InI so much for the help!

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 9/8/2015 4:36:48 PM

Bro DeTuff I. De essentiasls to Ital diet is fresh natural & whole fruits & vegetables. Stay away from all animal products (meat, fish, milk, eggs e,t,c). Just try & avoid buying readily cooked foods, instead buy raw fruits & vegetables & prepare dem to a meal yoself to avoid bein exposed to non ital ingredients like salt, artificial colourants, flouvorants & preservertives e,t,c. Don't be confused & astrayed by non Italist reggae artists. Reasoningtime, Ital livity is not reggea & is real

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I