Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6180&start_row=71

The Kemetic Origins Of Fictional Characters

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 86
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/15/2015 12:49:43 PM

Really? The full word was apparently documented in French text dating back to the 1600s. The dictionary I used suggested Pique is widely used throughout the french language in one form or other (whereas its not a word itself). I don't know much french but....

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/french-english/pique?showCookiePolicy=true

Plus the fact we are talking about medieval European languages...

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/15/2015 12:57:29 PM

The point I was making was that there are some/many myths and falsehoods under the banner of 'black consciousness' which make the facts we come with look less authentic. This makes it easier for outsiders to label it as 'afrocentrism' which they say is not scientific/factual, but conjecture and hearsay. Again I use Hidden Colors as the example - half truth half myth

I only stick to that which can be proven.

In reality im sure slavemaster had a number of things he called the practice of taking and killing Africans

Like the nursery rhyme which they still teach to children (and which may be related to picnic) Enni Meeny Miny Mo......... Pick a Nigger by his toe, if he squeals let him go Enni Meeny Miny Mo ;-)
- 19th century

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 8/15/2015 1:14:44 PM

U kno fro the longest I never caught it was saying "nigger", I was fairly older when I realized what was being said. I guess the pronunciation was a lil off when I heard or said it sounded like nikka

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 8/17/2015 5:36:34 PM

Garvey's Africa,

You are correct, "pique" is in fact a French word. It means "sting" (as in from an insect bite), which is why it didn't originally click in my mind as this has nothing to do with food, eaten outdoors, or otherwise.

Anyhow, give thanks for the reasonings!

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 8/17/2015 5:38:27 PM

HAILE SELASSIE - THE MYSTIC

JahRastafarIHomepate

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 8/18/2015 4:19:00 AM

yes. HIM had to deal with masonic teachings. "as above so below"...a concept that is part of many religions. officially HIM was still a christian. i just dont know why HIM used atrologers but HIM said he follows the bible. i dont say this to disrespect african teachings i just dont know what the exact reasoning is behind that "mix" of christianity and mystic.

the text above the pciture of HIM sitting on the white horse to attack the dragon doesnt say anything about it. what is this pic all about?

man, over 100 sites are a lot to read when you just dont know what you are searching for. some of it is obvious to we but its always interesting to see what the teachings of HIM might include and not include.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 8/18/2015 4:15:20 PM

Greetings Reasoningtime,

The "mix" of Christianity and Mysticism/Astronomy has been so from the beginning. In fact, all religious and spiritual teachings are founded on cosmological principles.

The heavens are God’s “handiwork” (Psalm 8:3; 19:1). He has all the stars numbered and named (Psalm 147:4).

God used the stars as an illustration of His promise to give Abraham an innumerable seed (Genesis 15:5). Thus, every time Abraham looked up at the night sky, he had a reminder of God’s faithfulness and goodness. The final judgment of the earth will be accompanied by astronomical events relating to the stars (Isaiah 13:9-10; Joel 3:15; Matthew 24:29).

The Son of God is the Sun of God

Holy Bible comes from the greek word Helios Biblos which means Sun Book (Helios=sun) (Biblos=book).

o The sun “dies” for three days on December 22nd, the winter solstice, when it stops in its movement south, to be born again or resurrected on December 25th, when it resumes its movement north.

o In some areas, the calendar originally began in the constellation of Virgo, and the sun would therefore be “born of a Virgin.”

o The sun is the “Light of the World.”

o The sun “cometh on clouds, and every eye shall see him.”

o The sun rising in the morning is the “Savior of mankind.”

o The sun wears a corona, “crown of thorns” or halo.

o The sun changes water into wine by creating rain, ripening the grape on the vine and fermenting the grape juice.

o The sun “walks on water.”

o The sun’s “followers,” “helpers” or “disciples” are the 12 months and the 12 signs of the zodiac or constellations, through which the sun must pass.

o The sun at 12 noon is in the house or temple of the “Most High”; thus, “he” begins “his Father’s work” at “age” 12.

o The sun enters into each sign of the zodiac at 30°; hence, the “Sun of God” begins his ministry at “age” 30.

o The sun is hung on a cross or “crucified,” which represents its passing through the equinoxes, the vernal equinox being Easter, at which time it is then resurrected.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 8/18/2015 4:43:40 PM

Religion Comes From Ancient Astrology and Sun Worship

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 8/18/2015 5:07:50 PM

oh yes. give thanks! christian or not...you know i respect you work and your believes, rastagodess. i already know about those comparisons.

so i think what youve written also includes that HIM was aware of all of this and this is what he believed in too. so it makes sense that HIM had astrologers.

thats fine to me.

but what makes me wonder is what if HIM believed in the bible word for word but HIM still had astrologers at the same time.

ok. when it comes to HIM we dont know. i guess youd say its just obvious that HIM thought of the sun behind the teachings of the bible as well so lets not guess what the teachings of HIM were all about. but ok, i think you could be right.

but i think IF someone is a typical conscious christian and still has his astrologers then the only reason why he would combine those things is that SOMEHOW he doesnt believe in modern bible interpretations and he doesnt care about the warnings regarding astrologers IN the bible because he has his own believes and imaginations.

the thing about the 12 and 30 year olds is really interesting. but i think those are jewish rules. theres no smoke without a fire...

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 8/18/2015 6:15:53 PM

The idea that Christians have in regards to astrology being "pagan" or "not of Christ" seems absolutely contradictive considering that the birth of "Jesus" is announced by a star, the 3 wise men follow that star, Moses and the 7 pole stars...and the list goes on and on!

Again, in my observation (and rather obvious), this exemplifies western Christianity's many CONtradictions.

As far as HIM, it seems only natural that he would have overstood this WITHOUT it contradicting ancient and traditional Kushite Science, Cosmology, Traditions and Spirituality.

From the ancient days to now, the Sun and Constellations have been deeply rooted in the traditions of the Throne of David, demonstrated in both the Ible and culture of Ethiopia and its Tewahedo Orthodox Church. Studying such esoteric or hidden messages in the Ible and Orthodox Christianity helps us as Rastafari: To overstand our JAH Emperor Haile Sellassie I as both the Zodiacal and Biblical Messianic King David-Judah: as above so below …To know HIM as King of the Nile Valley … To know HIM in His Supreme fullness, as an anointed Man of Might and Burning Flame, Light of this World, Lion Sun-King, Star of Afraka.

Below is an example of the SUN behind the SUN KING

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 86

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I