Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6178&start_row=11

Story of Abraham

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 37
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 9/19/2015 7:14:24 PM

Gain innerstanding by FIRST studying Kemet

Messenger: KnowThySelf333 Sent: 9/19/2015 10:39:55 PM

Today things are different,
if someone would admit he heard a voice tell him he must slaughter his son they would be locked away in a mental house.
But even people who see such behaviour as wrong by being reasonable,sometimes fear to speak against Abraham story because its the bible and the eleventh commandment is not to question anything.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 9/20/2015 8:57:01 AM

thats right.

you can say you accept abraham for yourself and have him in your prayers while you are on your own.

but you can question the bible and rome.

you can question the story of abraham or rethink all of it.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 9/20/2015 8:56:01 PM

...because he probably didnt exist :)

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 10/24/2015 3:21:31 PM

Greetings one and all. Peace upon Jerusalem. My GOD makes it clear to I&I, unless one accepts the bible and its great message, one cannot hope for salvation. Theres also the bahitawi road, for ones who are firm in their resolution to tread/trod/walk the bahitawi road, but for I&I Haile Selassie I, I personally glory in the bible.

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 10/28/2015 3:18:12 PM

bahitawi-called by God, like Samuel, Elijah, Elisha, John the baptist, Ezekiel, Jesus Christ at his first coming. Bahitawis still exist in modern day ethiopia, evidence that the word in the bible is Upright and True

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 10/28/2015 3:28:46 PM

Yes, Jah tests I&I with fire, just like Abraham. If this was a demon god as one says or madness as states another, would He have provided a ram for sacrifice instead of Isaac?? This episode is prophesy in itself, since it prophesy that Jah would in the future provide a sacrifice to expiate all men, and reconcile them unto Him, this sacrifice is christ. Pure Gold is tested in fire.

Messenger: KnowThySelf333 Sent: 10/28/2015 6:51:53 PM

If it wasnt madness he wouldnt have to do this at all.But theres also a problem with what is described before the point where God interferes and tells him its a prank.

Think about it...
Would you sacrifice your son if God told you to?

If someone doesnt know the answer to that question without hesitation,their confusion is immense.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/28/2015 7:17:26 PM

If you hear a voice telling you to murder your son in the name of a sacrifice to prove yourself to your God. You need psychiatric help. And a new God. The story of this parable is to show how religion can control people to do and believe anything. Hence its literal meaning, to be bound.

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 10/28/2015 11:00:04 PM

Yes. I would. God gives, and why shouldnt he take when he wishes.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 37

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I