Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6178&start_row=31

Story of Abraham

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 37
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: John Israel Sent: 10/29/2015 12:56:35 AM

you can say King of kings Selassie I trapped in bible bondage

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/29/2015 5:18:59 AM

I doubt that he was trapped in it as you are demonstrating. Show me where he said he was a fanatic of the bible and unable to decipher truth from myth from simple culture and tradition. Or that he couldn't also study outside of the Bible. He was aware of his Istory extending past that of Biblical accounts. When interviewed, he reminded ones that His Throne go all the way back to King Ori...... meanwhile people stuck on this 'From the throne of Solomon' business and don't want to look nowhere else. Haile Selassie I and Ethiopia in this iwa are a direct extension of the Kingdoms of Kemet, Kush and Nubia and by way of the most recent Aksumite Kingdom. To SIMPLY denounce all they had to offer as idol worship and evil based off misplaced Biblical overstanding would be to disrespect the ancestors of Ethiopia and NE Africa as a whole.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/29/2015 5:27:34 AM

Messenger: John Israel Sent: Today 5:28:19 AM

Since i sight rastafari, i pick up de bible, which i had abandoned for ages, blaze di chalice and go tru de verses, genesis to revelation, and de holy spirit reveal all tings before i. i give thanks to jah for de bible and ovastanding of de words therein.

Keep and open mind and try some thorough 360 degree studying of the text, where it came from, which date which part was created, and different ways of which the original Hebrew could be (mis)/translated into European languages. Also how other texts of the time were written and meant to be interpreted. Then reason with others while keeping and open mind and allowing your opinions to change.

Lol, Otherwise your just getting high with unsourced documents and letting your mind tell you whatever you wana hear from face value. Then you want us to believe it is HIM himself who reveals these thing to you as truth so we must listen? That can't work here Iah

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 10/29/2015 11:12:36 AM

My Lord. If king Selassie was aware of his ancient tradition, why would he follow christ in the light and not practice his ancient traditions? would you say it was forced upon him? or his imagination tell him so? Light of the world.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/29/2015 12:06:49 PM

His traditions (debateable whether these inparticular are ancient) include but are not limited to that of the Israelites. That's why, in part. Also the fact he was born into the lineage of the throne of an already established CHRISTIAN country, with childhood CHRISTIAN teachings that he was but not limited to, the descendants of biblical characters. Its not that deep.

The problem comes when ones want to only focus on that part of His ancestry tradition and history of Ethiopia when that is maybe just the tip of the iceberg so to speak. De I even go as far as calling the other traditions evil

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 10/29/2015 2:39:05 PM

idol/Statue worship is folly.

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 10/29/2015 2:41:15 PM

So is worshipping created things-rocks, trees.. sun moon stars wind etc

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 37

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I