Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6176&start_row=1

Love relationship with a non-Rasta

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 8/2/2015 2:32:31 AM

How do ones and ones deal with this?
Do you have to compromise sometimes?

Rastafari!!!

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 8/2/2015 5:30:05 AM

Relationships takes compromises, not to compromise dI values n livity but there will b some sort. Da two a yall shouldnt be pulling total opposite ways tho.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 8/2/2015 8:23:00 AM

i remember some arguments like "if youre a vegan how can you kiss a girl who eats meat". to me its just superficial. just like the argument "if youre a vegan why do you eat soy products in form of steaks or saussages?". its just a form to eat it the most confortable way possible. a pig alone doesnt make a steak you know.

so when it comes to relationships i think the non-rasta person is a human being. its about love. its worth more than any physical things. if i touch her lips i dont touch the cheese she eats. otherwise i couldnt reach my hand out to any stranger. i dont know where his hand has been you know. lol but a human being is a human being and a diet is a diet. of course pork might be impure to many people but you dont have to put your tongue into her mouth while shes eating a steak in (literally) bloody sauce. as long as you can stay how you are everything is nice to me.

of course it might be a problem if the lifestyles are too different but i think i cant say every girl i meet has to be like me. theres is no one like me. no one else like you. and if shes not a rasta empress you have a good influence on her you know. but i think i cant only choose people who believe in the same things as i do to be part of my environment.

there is only one aspect i think about too. if you go shopping. i dont know if its right to buy non-ital, non-vegan things for her and if you really should say that she should buy it by herself. or if you should even cook non-vegan things for her...

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 8/2/2015 3:58:36 PM

What about a love relationship with someone who is not rasta but is of the utmost ital livity?

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 8/2/2015 4:39:40 PM

Yes I Humble One
Rasta aint a label.Dat is a rasta empress

Messenger: Lemuel II Sent: 8/2/2015 5:43:18 PM

I am in a relationship with nonrasta..It's about LOVE, no religion.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 8/2/2015 6:54:33 PM

Every Rasta dont proach Rasta thru religion, so Rasta is no Religion!

I say long as you are looking in the same direction dont matter if one site Ras and one dont

Say de I for Black Ipremacy then the Empress shouldnt be moving in white supremacy ways

Messenger: Christ Conscious Sent: 8/3/2015 4:03:45 PM

For me, it is now important that the persons I associate with have a deep respect for spirituality. It is important that the company I keep has a reverence and humility for life. It is simply poisonous to associate with persons who are not conscious of these things and live only material lives. The only thing to be gained from these associations is angst and confusion.

It is not about persons being RastafarI; it is about persons being on the path of Life, away from the destruction that InI work hard to pull away from.

The friends we keep influence us whether we like it or not. Their habits, patterns, and world views enter our consciousness. Best to be careful.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/3/2015 5:31:39 PM

CHRIST consciousness.... Didn't so call Jesus associate with the alleged worst of society in order to reach them? The taxman and such...

Just saying. What you say is true. But the lost sheep lost Ethiopians brainwashed Maafa tribe robbed of their identity will not be left behind and jus ignored by InI. InI associate with them. Each one teach one; But who have ears will hear

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 8/3/2015 8:48:32 PM

Greetings,

Like the sistren mentioned, any relationships take compromise.

And I agree with Garvey's Africa, each one reach one.

That being said, I will share my own personal experience and observations. My heart can only be trusted in the hands of another African/Rasta. I have dated Afro-centric brothas, and we are like-minded in our livication to Mama-Africa. So in that respect, we are on the same vibes....HOWEVER...InI way of life is different.

As a woman, InI are the receptors, the chalice, that which receives and sustains energy. Therefore, as a vegetarian, I wish not to pollute my temple with dead flesh. This is just ONE example out of a few that InI hold to be very important. One could simply say, well there are plenty of vegetarian non-rastas out there, true enough, which is why I say just ONE of the reasons.

There's a natural mystic about Rasta Idren, that simply cannot be found in any other. A sense of Self, Kushite Livity, RasTafari Love and Livity, Ancient Mystic...

InI MUST be "equally yoked"

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I