Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6170&start_row=11

Organ Donation

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 7/24/2015 3:10:01 PM

I need to renew a drivers license and there is an option to be an organ donor. I agree this seems unnatural.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/24/2015 3:12:15 PM

.....I wonder if peoples attitudes change if it is themselves or a close relative in desperate need of a donation (life or death).

I am not a donor and would prefer not to be..... But in certain circumstances.... Yes.

I give thankhs for those who choose to donate openly

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/24/2015 4:14:23 PM

Naturally if one dies or passes flesh and left unattended the organs will be eaten by scavengers or rot away.

I wonders if the Chinese soul resides in decaying flesh full of maggots?

Some Indian groups give the body back to nature

Some sight up the bible and its God whom took a rib of man to creat woman but think otherwise of organ donating to save a life?

If it going to be eaten by something ti save its life then whats wrong with man using it to save its life?

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 7/24/2015 5:22:06 PM

I'm not opposed to it (organ donation) in principle, I guess it's like donating blood.

I don't care what happens to my flesh, it will return to dust eventually whatever path it takes. The Soul is more important.

Messenger: ChantDownBabylon Sent: 7/25/2015 8:21:18 AM

If I died suddenly it would be a honor for the I to know that a part of the I will save my brother or sister and still live within them.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 7/25/2015 3:09:43 PM

like ga have said. its a really tough question. but we have to think of our souls. id compare the this organ donation thing to eternal physical life. its all about a highr morality to me.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/26/2015 1:54:53 AM

I agree reasoningtime; aspiring for eternal physical/material life is futile.. Morality and the quest for higher spiritual consciousness is the key here. Death is a part of life, face it clean and whole..

It is a tough position to be in; have a chance to prolong another's life by removing and translating organs from your body temple..

Everything is meant to be, even seemingly 'early' deaths.. Every 'body' dies.. The spirit is key..

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 7/26/2015 2:27:14 AM

I agree. To what extent does the quest to keep the person alive in their physical body go? 2 kidney transplants, 1 heart transplant, a new brain? A set of new lungs? To what extent, if the organs were available, would you accept foreign organs? If they invented systems whereby people were hooked up to machines that kept the physical body "going" for 200 years, would you accept them? I think the key is "going" ie "ticking over" or "surviving", but are they really living?

Personally, I am against it.

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/26/2015 6:26:25 AM

But that's a hypothetical situation which is not happening today and may never happen as it sounds impossible. Cancers of the bone marrow / blood affect young children as early as 5 or 6. Very easy to treat with bone marrow transplants without the children may die.... This is today's situation

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 7/26/2015 7:52:46 AM

i know there might be some really tough situations but all in all i think this whole business is just strange. i think the problem is that all in all death is seen like a disease.

its ok to help and heal people but we cant reinvent nature because we want to have our fun on earth forever and ever. what kind of life is that anyways? i think if you see it that way the pain and suffering will have no end. youre getting older, you have problems with your bones etc., your hair gets grey. those are not evil things we have to fight its natural.

instead of thinking "oh my, i might have only a couple of decades" we should LIVE UPFUL to live right every day and have a litle faith. because its just a natural thing. you can even enjoy the process of getting older.

some people say that you never feel like 100. you never fell like 50 or 75 or whatever. in your mind youd always feel like 20. so you have to fear that one day your a little boy with the body of an old man but i think this is only because they associate feeling like 20 with some wild behaviour and with 50 you cant do this anymore. also because of your body. but like ive said. to me, nobody gets older. im not influenced by the calender they have invented. the sun is active. the moon too. our body is active as well. everything is active and alive. theres just a time and place for your body to live this life like a matured person. its really just natural, seen. so we have to stay active in our mind and souls instead of following material things. there is no future for your materialism. when the material things are gone, you will just feel empty.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I