Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6167&start_row=1

Flag Controversy

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Sister Sent: 7/21/2015 4:21:18 PM

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/69/Black_Country_Flag.svg/2000px-Black_Country_Flag.svg.png

(Link to image above)

http://www.voice-online.co.uk/article/slave-flag-row-historian-gets-invite-black-country

Greetings. How do you see this flag, which represents the area north of Birmingham (UK) known as The Black Country (because of its industrial history)? To I it is clearly insensitive, but the area in question is known for its backwardness (and the worst regional accent in the UK..). It was designed 2 years ago by a school student and now represents the region.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/21/2015 6:56:51 PM

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/21/2015 6:58:35 PM

The flag owes its design to a quote made in 1862 by Elihu Burritt, the American Consul in Birmingham. He described the region as “black by day and red by night” — a result of the local furnaces giving out smoke and grime during the day and glowing by night. The flag background is therefore both black and red, with the chains showing a typical product manufactured in the area (ironworks). The central white area represents the glass cone, a symbol of the region's glass-making heritage since 1790.

- WIKI

It has to be said, this flag will be shown almost nowhere..

I hear what you saying sis. But this kind of thing is 360 all around everywhere. ALL of white society benefitted from the toil of InI ancestors. From the top university institutions to even sports teams..... notice how many football team logos have a pic of a ship on them somwhere ;) we know what it is.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/21/2015 7:16:41 PM

Who is sensitive to I plight?
Where is the anti-African laws?

I fly Red Gold Black Green mongst confederate flag flyers, so I know dem and dem try figure I out!

If they wan rep their heritage and in their own yard and they know the history then they cant hide behind double face

To I, that Black Country flag is the same as UK flag as Confederate as American, same slavers and colonizers

Messenger: Lemuel II Sent: 7/21/2015 8:46:18 PM

It's racist, just like the Confederate flag.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/21/2015 9:27:15 PM

Confedrate flag is no more of a racist symbol than American flag!

Black country flag no more of racist symbol than Union Jack flag!

InI need to stop this need of Europeans illusion of inclusion!

And build up on I own RBG RGG!!!

InI was stolen transported sold enslaved under BRITISH, AMERICAN, French, Spanish, Danish, Dutch, German, Portuguese etc.... THEY ARE ALL RACIST!

Messenger: Lemuel II Sent: 7/22/2015 4:13:31 AM

TRUE !!!!!

Messenger: Sister Sent: 7/22/2015 5:03:05 AM

I see that any European flag could be racist by association with Europeans as collectively and historically the inventors of race and racism, but this flag shows the product that was made for the slavery trade, the item that most represents bondage (they say regional unity), along with colours that, to many, represent the people and blood shed. Birmingham and the surrounding areas profited massively from the sale of goods (not only the ironwork, chains, padlocks, fetters, tools but the firearms industry as well). I may be stating the obvious to I&I.

A child has to be taught racism, same way they have to be taught consciousness. Not everyone living in the UK / Europe is racist or mentally identified with the slave master but all are in some form of bondage to those to made the most profit, and not all are aware of how they support the same set up today, even by such actions as having a bank account or a job that pays tax. Racism is acidic, adding more to it won’t get rid of it, neutralising it with consciousness will and it might shame some people but the right minded won’t take offence. A flag is just a symbol, a symptom not the sickness, but the sickness can be approached via the symptoms as well as at its source. Yes, set up the RGG. In love and war.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/22/2015 6:26:33 AM

I say let them show their true selves.
Nuff come with smile and knife as it is
when will we realize we all we got, some dont wan partner up with I and thats cool two face been catching I for to long now

I have no problem with dem waving dem falgs, I more concerned about InI raising InI flag RBG RGG

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/22/2015 1:01:56 PM

Kinda just like what Garvey said about the kkk!

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I