Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6163&start_row=1

White supremacy and Rasta 2015: Bob Marley, intellecutual property rights, land ownership and the ganja industry

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/16/2015 7:00:07 AM

by ras Kahleb. big up for shedding light on the shituation. white corporate supremacists want to own Hola RASTA ground and use rasta image fe their worldly gains while the poor black man is left ousted. m

Anyone who claims Rastafari and ignores these issues get another Fire.

"But presently in Jamaica and elsewhere around the world, the Rastafari Community along with its sympathizers is declaring that Bob Marley’s global message pertaining to ganja legalization was simply the message of the Rastafari Community. It is evident that Bob was adherent to the Rastafari faith up to the very moment of his untimely death! So the Rastafari Community seems to be reminding the world that Robert Nesta Marley was its divine messenger" Ras Kahleb
"In the meanwhile the Rastafari Community should remain steadfast in reclaiming Bob Marley’s image, message and Reggae genre of music as their own IP. The Rasta Community must reclaim Bob Marley’s divine personhood, especially since Bob has already been accepted by the world and Rasta as a divine prophet of the Movement."

Unfortunately for Rasta, and despite a call for a stop order of the illegal land development at Pinnacle, developers are hasting to complete their second phase of development leaving only 180 out of 476 acres of land untouched until their third and final phase of development which begins early next year in 2016. Only with the legal preservation of its Heritage land can the Rastafari Community seek to develop Pinnacle and to grow ganja again on a land renowned for its production of tons of Jamaican grown ganja for exportation and other reasons and purposes. It was well developed during the 1940’s and 50’s. Also unfortunate for Rasta, is that in June 2015 the Rita Marley Foundation (RMF) ordered the eviction of 22 stalwart members of the Rastafari Community from their traditional Heritage land at Scotts Pass. The Scotts Pass evictees included the oldest active matriarch and patriarch within the global Rastafari Community. These are Ma Ashanti and Bongo Roy of the Ancient Nyahbinghi Council of Elders. This 25-acre property was supposedly bought by Rita Marley in 1979 on the behalf of her husband Bob Marley and for the Rastafari Community. Presently, the Rita Marley Foundation is claiming the whole property for itself. But the evictees who are still Occupying Scotts Pass today are beginning to examine the correlation between the newly Marley Natural brand of products (supposedly) to be infused with Jamaican grown ganja and their recent eviction. So the scientific question here is “has the Rita Marley Foundation decided to evict the Rastafari Community from the land at Scotts Pass in order to help grow this new Marley Natural strain of ganja on that land?

With two evictions from its Heritage lands at Pinnacle and Scotts Pass in the space of seven months (from Nov. 2013 to June 2014) the Rastafari Community is enduring some heavy blows that may negatively affect their future plans of growing indigenous ganja strains on its Heritage lands."

READ THE FULL THING

http://cannabisdigest.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/IMG_20140824_131750.jpg

Messenger: Anishinaabeg Jiisakiwinini Sent: 7/16/2015 7:36:08 AM

Give Thanks for sharing this info
Even tho it is Shocking. Disgusting.
Esta es very important.
I had no Idea Rita would put capitalism above her own people.
News to follow for sure. Why not share and benefit equally the people?
I and I wont be purchasing any of these products.
I pray none of our precious Elders end up like some of my other ancestors:
Herded into trailer park "reservations" waiting to die of depression and alcohol.
I will not support
- AJ elDanI

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 7/16/2015 8:48:48 AM

http://cannabisdigest.ca/marley-natural-rasta-merchandising-vs-intellectual-property-rights/

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/16/2015 9:17:43 AM

Thankhs BlackChrist I just realise I posted the wrong link

Please read the full thing as BlackChrist has posted the link to the article above

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 7/16/2015 4:47:33 PM

yes. respect!

like i said in the occult thread. everybody has his way. but if you are a white rasta you have to check that your way still leads to rasta teachings. ESPECIALLY if you are european, if you connect rasta to christian believes etc. you cant forget about the black liberation aspect! being a rasta and ignoring black liberation is like spending all of your money for tree decoration but forgetting about buying a christmas tree.

as a white guy i can only say that i dont know a thing about those white jamaican rastas but it seems like the white rastas are doing their own thing. the interrests of black rastas and white rastas IN rasta must be the same! if you use places that are reminders of certain projects of black liberation for white rastas only then what you are doing is completely senseless. its like a baker who wants his own bakery and before grand opening he burns all of his breads to ashes.

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I