Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6161&start_row=71

Yoga

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 126
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: John Israel Sent: 10/29/2015 1:32:31 AM

in psalms king david has a vision of the most high selassie i. and smoke is coming out of his(H.I.M) nostrils.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/29/2015 4:56:39 AM

Show some humility king and lowe the people dealing with yoga in this thread. You have shown your dislike of the thing, cool. But your borderline trolling now with all kind of subject matter. Let the people them that deal with yoga deal with yoga and come reason this other topics in these other threads.
Haile

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 10/29/2015 12:15:01 PM

Selasi I doh nid yoga. him doh need fi "balance energy flow"coh even weh him dung yah so de creation keep running in perfect order. nothin transgress. his powa stil a hold de creation systems in assigned places

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/29/2015 12:19:32 PM

He didn't have dread either but Rasta do

He may not have been Ital either but Rasta do

Better yet, he didn't yant Haile Selassie I as the Almighty I. so why do we do these things? Look deeper

And just because he didn't do yoga - which I don't know is true or not - doesn't mean that he didn't approve / overstand it.

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 10/29/2015 12:25:58 PM

if he woulda pull back his power/life/spirit. then everything would cease to be.

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 10/29/2015 12:53:25 PM

Selassie I is dread my lord. Ras Tafari Makonnen. The Head who is the feared 1/dreaded 1/revered one is King. Doh say he dont need dread. Prophet and Bahitawi monk Isaiah says "The king's inspiration will lie in the fear of the Lord[dread]

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 10/29/2015 1:07:55 PM

In da bible Selassie I say thru his prophets, in de last days he will pour his spirit pon his people. young and old, boy n gal alike. jah promises are like purest natural gold and silver refined seven times. not even one will fail to fulfill.

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 10/29/2015 1:45:48 PM

This will be Jah's own doing. No action on our part. No yoga fi balance no energy. Prophesy is fulfilling Lord.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 10/29/2015 4:35:12 PM

Blessed Love Garvey I, that is true the youth is "trolling" and he knows that he is, because he is not trying to learn from what others are saying, just repeating these statements as if I&I&I have not studied the scriptures before!

John Israel it is fine if the Iman want to hold those ideas to be true and also fine if the I dont want to practice yoga. But you are now displaying obstinence and ignorance when you say that Selassie I doesnt need yoga, because I have already informed you that, yes, HIM practices yoga daily. And in many many images we see our King holding an ancient yogic hand position, which has come to be used by all Rasta people as a symbol of HIM, because of the prevalence with which he uses this Mudra (meaning, a symbolic gesture). So when you see the daily life and the actions of Abjanhoy and then you say he "didnt need" the things that he so apparently feels HIMself to need, or else why would HIM be doing these things with such complete devotion? You are showing that you do not really look into His Majesty's life, actions, and works, but only at the titles and prophecies related to HIM. Half the story still never been Overstood by you and for that I pity you! But I hope that these things will change in time and with more studies of Tafari Makonnen and Afrikan cultures.
Man Know Thyself!
JAH Haile I

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 10/29/2015 5:33:29 PM

To suggest that H.I.M and Yoga do not belong together is a PERFECT example of BLIND faith, religious fanaticism and ignorance!!

'...If it were not for Yoga and its various stages...imagine how much poorer the Western mind would be.....'
HIM Haile Selassie I, Calcutta 1967

'In all actuality, the concept of Yoga is indeed nothing new to the Ras Tafari movement, for as has been mentioned earlier, the first 'trumpetblower'of Ras Tafari, Guru L.P. Howell, knew full well the benefits of the Yogic practises. In fact, Howell was so influenced by the science he eventually changed his name to Ganguru Majaraj, loosely defined as 'Kong of Kings'. Here we continue in the light of Guru Howell and give to the reader a chance to reclaim the secrets of Yoga so as to benefit all sentient beings void of class, race, color or creed.'
From Haile Selassie and the concept of enlightenment, the supreme overstanding

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 126

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I