Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6158&start_row=11

Nappy Hair - The Choice of Godz

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 7/27/2015 2:17:54 PM

seen. so this thread is not about a "haffe dread" or "dont haffe dread" kind of discussion.

its about an element of african culture.

i guess its like its been said all the time. mind of matter. i dont know if you really can say that there are rastas without dreadlocks or respect and the will to have locks but i guess there are dreadlocks who arent rastas.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 7/27/2015 4:10:57 PM

Seen. The thread is about the SPIR-itual, metaphysical, scientific and cultural gift of "nappy hair"

Marcus Garvey did not need locs to be a Rastaman.

And you have nuff "rent-a-dread" who know nothing about InI livity or have any type of Afrikan consciousness.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 7/27/2015 7:45:12 PM

Hair is really Antennae which can receive and transmit energy !

Hair is the receiver and transmitter of divine emanation ­it makes you receptive to spiritual forces. Saints and sages instinctively let their hair grow. Rastafarians regard dreadlocks as a quality of Black people: they regard dreadlocks as "high-tension wires" which transmits divine energy and inspiration from Jah (God) the creator, to Rasta, the mirror. Within our body which is the temple of God, our head, the "holy of holies," is the highest point, while our hair, its natural crown, is like the spire of a church, our vertical connection with God. Representing our strength, it forms an antenna through which the SPIRitual force may descend. SPIRitual force, rather than "descend," will SPIRal through SPIRaling hair. Since Nature does nothing without a reason, what is the purpose and effect of spiral-hair?

Since Nature itself is a textbook that reveals the secrets of the universe by literally expressing these principles in the actual form that something takes, my guess is that spiral-hair enhances the ability to tune in at the most detailed levels or dimensions; the micro within the macro. Both, nappy and straight haired people have "the whorl" or Big Spiral, and surely this allows tuning in at the "Big level," while the little spirals of individual strands additionally allow the antennae to pick up detail at the most minute level (?).

Does hair antenna possess "accelerator" properties?

An accelerator is a device used by physicists to accelerate charged subatomic particles or nuclei to high energies useful for research. Two common types are the linear accelerator and the cyclotron. The linear type accelerates in a straight path that may be as long as two miles, while the cyclotron accelerates subatomic particles in a spiral path, and takes up way less space. Theoretically, energies being picked up by the antenna of hair, would be accelerated in a spiral or straight path depending on the type of hair. Throughout Nature, spiraling energy (whirlpools, eddies, tornados) manifests great speeds. Water going down a drain will spiral down the drain, picking up so much speed in the process that it becomes a suction. Energy flowing through spiral hair might also pick up extra speed, enhancing hair's antenna ability or even giving it new properties.

Certainly, energy flowing through spiral hair would also spirally enter the millions of nerve paths leading to the brain and ultimately the "third eye," to facilitate spiritual awareness, telepathy, perception, revelation, channeling or tuning in, understanding, receptivity, thought, who knows? This area deserves research to determine and clarify the effect of spiraling hair on perception and energy reception/transmission. Melanin, which is a super absorber of all forms of energy, undoubtedly plays a huge role in this.

Spiral-hair = "concentrated antennas."

The nappier the hair, the more 'Spiral Power' it has...or maybe the reverse is true! And the more concentrated, powerful, and advanced will be its abilities relating to the Spiral Principle. This is evident even physically, for nappy hair ­being a spring, will "snap" back to the head when pulled out and released. The more the spring is coiled, the more power it has and the less space it takes up (concentration). Right after nappy hair is vigorously brushed, the nappy hair which has accumulated in the brush holds far more electrical static charge than straight hair; thus like a magnet, it will attract light items ­paper for instance, whereas straight hair hardly or does not do this. Possibly, this mean that spiral hair has higher magnetic attraction for higher energies. It may also have the ability to concentrate or focus these higher energies like a magnifying lens concentrate sunrays. Whatever abilities it has are surely increased or intensified, the nappier the hair is. Thus the nappiest hair, the hair which Afrikan people are conditioned to reject and despise the most, turns out to be the most valuable, like "the stone which the builders rejected" which turns out to be the most important stone.

Does hair-antenna possess crystal properties?

Crystals have the power to receive and transmit energy waves. The earliest radios used quartz crystals and were called "crystal sets." The main composition of quartz crystal is silicon. Silicon is also a key mineral found in the hair, and undoubtedly contributes to its antenna ability. It is no accident that silicon is also the most essential component of computers; silicon enables computers to have mind-like properties including "memory." Silicon is also an important mineral found in the brain, which is the seat of the mind. Silicon is what gives an iridescent sheen to some fruit such as strawberries and cucumbers. It is also found in whole barley and oats.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 7/27/2015 9:21:37 PM

give thanks!

maybe thats what the background of the nazarite vow is also all about. and finally i overstand what some people REALLY meant by saying your locks are your antenna and your identity.

there is an esoteric theory which says that your body is like a chimney. if you dont eat the right food than it congests your body and the power wont rise to the top. it stays in your stomach and cant move. it wont rise to the top of your head so you suffer from hair loss. maybe thats how eating the wrng food can make you less spiritual.

i believe in those theories to a certain extent. but i dont know if baldheads and especially people without hair arent bale to be spiritual.

but i think letting your hair gro is the best spiritual decision anyways.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 7/28/2015 11:03:58 PM

Give thanks to sista RastaGoddess fo de word sound. Big up sista fo de upful teachings. I wish many Black sistas around de world could get dis enlightmemnt. What a disgrace amongst de Black population, fo dissing their own Black identity. Fireburn hair salons.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 7/29/2015 2:24:05 AM

Give thanks my Goddess

so how do yu maintain the energy?I mean does covering the locks always have a positive effect ova uncovering?

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 7/29/2015 5:23:47 PM

Yes Bredren Black Heart...give thanks!

Each One Teach One

ONE PERFECT LOVE IYAH!

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 7/29/2015 5:29:17 PM

Greetinz Zion Mountain,

I have worn my locs/crown for 22 years now, and have chosen to keep covered when out in Babylon/Matrix. For several reasons:

1- It is not a show piece, an attraction piece to be gawked at. Too much energy directed towards I crown. It is a private and divine gift to be witnessed by InI family and close circle of pure & clean hearted Idren.
2- It keeps them clean, no pollution and dem kinda vibes.
3- Keeps people from constantly wanting to touch them (or worse, just touching without asking)
4- Keeps my crown chakra covered and protected
5- My "antennas" can still pick up energy when covered. It doesn't affect the "reception" in any way.

ONE LOVE

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 7/30/2015 5:16:22 AM

Power-full mi sista

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 7/30/2015 8:14:25 AM

respect to the max!

i always tell the girls that they would look the best if they would just throw away their combs and start to trust natural sources when it comes to their clothes. the more natural the better.

being blessed with a rasta or at least "dreadlocked" sistren in your environment is like the ultimate blessing to me.

at all times in my life ive liked to wear something on my head. couldnt explain it to myself. some people thought it was like following a hype or a certain scene. but i just said no, man, i dont like to be a baldhead and wearing a cap is the easiest way to make sure that your hair wont change by walking through all kind of weather without styling it with chemicals and sometimes i just feel naked without it. i know that my hair is not a crown like the hair of an empress but i feel that theres something true about the power (and even the privacy) of your hair. right now i have the longest beard ive ever had. and it feels powerful somehow.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I