Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6149&start_row=1

Bobo Ashanti

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Lemuel II Sent: 7/9/2015 8:38:08 PM

Can one give the I rites and all that makes Bobo Ashanti different from Nyabinghi.

I like Nyabinghi but I also like Bobo Ashanti, which to choose?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/10/2015 6:04:08 AM

They BOTH incorporate BLACK SUPREMACY into they doctrine AND sight Marcus as a Hola prophet or God

Here's a photo of His Majesty embracing a brother who thinks as such, note the black star and turban:

'DEATH TO ALL WHITE OPPRESSOR'

This not for you

You best bet is with the all accepting twelve tribe

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/10/2015 6:19:59 AM

Plus they both represent different Tribes of the Maafa from the central and western parts of Africa. Are you Akan Ashanti? Are you of the warrior tribes of Uganda and Zimbabwe?

Then why try to pick up they culture?

It's with your choice of words "which one to choose" as though they are open for your selection.....

"Today I think I'm going to be an Australian aboriginal, or a koi'san, because I say so" kind of mentality. Is this kind of presumptive ignorance not a form of white privilage?

Before you tell me I'm a racist. I've given you a logical set of responses..... Try and work with that

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 7/10/2015 10:26:03 AM

Yes I

Fyah dat G.A,blaze it up

Messenger: Lemuel II Sent: 7/10/2015 11:43:03 AM

I see, GA. Thank you for your recommendation on the twelve tribes

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 7/10/2015 1:35:56 PM

Yes. We as white people cant go to the barber to get some locks to think about whether we call ourselfs a bobo ashanti rasta or a nyabinghi rasta.

not so long someone has posted a thread called "nyabinghi" to remind us where this term is coming from. bobo ashanti and nyabinghi have also different views on HIM i think.

but yes, even or especially i as a white man have to say that those things arent like a pair of shoes. its not up to us to choose between those things.

rasta is like a body to me. i try to compare it to my body. i hope you know what i try to show. im a german. rasta is a black liberation movement. thats very important. but thats only one aspect. rasta is also about spirituality and about a certain lifestyle which fits into the whole concept of rasta. just like im not only a german citizen but im also an organism to scientists and a manifested soul for chaplains.

everything is connected but some people take certain aspects of rasta and abuse it. bob marley says one love to motivate his brothers and hippies say yes, one love, smoking weed all day on a lawn is the solution of all problems. i think marley even said that he isnt even against the hippie movement. but the main stream elite takes his message and distort it to kill it.

even songs like natural mystique or sun is shining. even if they seem to be simple. babylon says its about sitting on a lawn in front of an airbrushed vw t2. thats what marley was all about? never!

"to the rescue...here i am". thats what he says in "sun is shining". some people say its about voodoo again while others say that he plays the role of osiris in this song. i dont know. but its definately not about sitting in the alottment garden to "chill".

Messenger: Lemuel II Sent: 7/10/2015 1:38:21 PM

Seen I, agreed

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I