Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6138&start_row=11

Obama admits to training ISIS/ISIL

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/8/2015 3:39:25 PM

ISIS is the destructive hand of the system. Funded, armed, and allowed to operate to further destabilize the globe. Creating the justification needed to disassemble any remaining human rights. Praising ISIS as it seems you do is profound... Serving the highest of the corporate elitists interests..

Some information for ShivaJiva: In the wake of the Charleston shooting, so called social justice warriors have played a huge role in promoting a contrived race war, because, you know, it’s good and progressive to have everyone feeling divided and angry. The latest example of this comes in the form of drawing attention to numerous incidents where churches have caught on fire and, in some cases, burned to the ground. With the latest incident coming last night in South Carolina, as the Mt. Zion AME Church caught ablaze, reports began to circulate that it was the SEVENTH ‘black church’ to be burned since the Charleston shooting. Social justice warriors have done what they do best, and created a hashtag – #WhoIsBurningBlackChurches, with the clear insinuation that racist white supremacists are behind all the fires.

No evidence of a hate crime.. Can't even prove arson was involved except for possibly 2, yet you instantly assume that White people are behind all of them... Wow
The most recent hate crimes towards churches is at Jewish synagogues and Muslim mosques.

Messenger: ShivaJiva Sent: 7/8/2015 6:48:58 PM

First. Nobody called you racist because you disagree with Obama. I dont think anyone here supports Obama. You are assuming, because we are Black, that we love everything Obama does and call anyone who disagrees with him a racist. Do a bit of digging, FFS.....every Obama thread on here is negative. I, as a Black person, am telling you right now that I think Obama is a pig and he acts as nothing more than a puppet of white supremacy--and anyone who thinks that he holds any real power or authority, or that his position is an indicator of racial progress, is either willfully ignorant or simply uneducated.

The video you posted here seems more like you are trying to instigate a fight than actually trying to prove anything. Like I said, we all know that the government is fucked up and sponsors all sorts of acts of terrorism; and a lot of us are actually trying to do something about it beyond posting videos taken out of context. So again, what was your motive here if it wasn't just to try and get a reaction out of us?

I almost don't even want to address your comments about the church burnings because they are so ignorant. Your brother gets beat up by some Black dudes and you come here to shout "RACISM!"---but when Black churches are being systematically targeted and burned to the ground you think we are unjustified in calling it an act of racism? I don't care if it's the government or a bunch of rednecks wearing white sheets, it's racist and its an act of white supremacy.

Social justice warriors, eh? So, please tell me what you're doing on a forum for Rastafari...as a white male who doesn't believe in systemic racism or activism--why did you come here in the first place? What are you contributing to OUR community?

Nearly half of the threads on this forum now are created by, about, or dominated by the opinions of, white people. This is getting really absurd. Why doesn't someone who has the power to do so just ban these fools?

And before you say anything Hemphill, I don't want you banned because you are White or because I disagree with your opinion. I want you banned because you're behaving disrespectfully. You keep pushing the same points, which we have made clear make us uncomfortable, regardless of the push-back you have received. You refuse to engage in an actual dialogue about these issues and instead prefer to respond to snippets of our posts that are easy to take out of context. You are insulting; and your actions here suggest that you think very little of Black people, Rastafari, and the work that many of us devote our lives to. You've demonstrated an unwillingness to listen or Reason with us about issues that affect our lives in deeply personal ways, and you've shown a blatant disregard for any kind of due process. I am happy to discuss race with you and why it matters, but I do not feel compelled to do so when you don't put in the same amount of effort. When I spend an hour trying to cite academic sources, it's because I want to reach mutual understanding--not to make you feel bad. And when I spend that much time trying to engage with you, and you just cherry pick one or two sentences to single out as proof of your original statement....well, it makes me feel like you don't respect me and you don't actually care about what I think or even the issue at hand. Why should I spend my evenings trying to think of informative and new ways to engage with you, when all you do is take your original point, rephrase it, and shove it back in my face as if you've proved something great? You are set on your opinion and clearly nothing is going to change that. It's tiring and I do not want to engage with you anymore; but I also do not feel comfortable watching you run around this forum saying whatever you want with immunity. This situation resembles real life racial dynamics in a way that is too real...white people running around Black communities telling us that you understand our problems better than we do...

So, with all due respect, I think Hemphill should be banned. The entire focus of this community, which is Rastafari first and foremost, has been diluted and derailed because of threads like this.

As a human being, I respect you Hemphill and wish you the best in life. But right now you're being an obtuse asshole and I don't see why anyone here should take any more time to engage with you, unless you decide to surprise us all by showing some humility. Unless that happens though, which I don't expect it will, I think we are better off without you. There are plenty of other White people who agree with your analysis of race, go talk to them.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/9/2015 5:37:44 AM

Done this tbread

Let's get back to Rastafari issues. Rastafari have no faith in the political system of America from creation so this thread is really neither here nor there. Let's talk Rastafari not things We not focused or obsessed with the American government this is much bigger

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I