Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6129&start_row=41

White Race

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 59
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Humble one Sent: 7/9/2015 8:22:15 AM

^

Thank you! I am all for putting aside our differences and getting along, uplifting each other with what we have in common with Rasta.

For I, the most prominent thing I have in common with Rasta is giving and receiving englightenment on Ital living, and living in spiritual connection with JAH in nature.

I think it is very healing for all of us to accept what each other think about race, and then to see what rasta say about race, and then just accept rasta for what it is.

I agree that too much anger has been caused on these issues, and that nothing that anyone says or does will change rasta, so I think

1) People have a responsibility to accept everything, ie rasta for what it is. Sure, they can have questions to learn about the reason behind thinking. But people shouldn't really try to change rasta.

2) Having put aside our differences, we can uplift each other with our similarities.

Blessings,

Joe

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 7/9/2015 8:25:36 AM

And also, people may come back and quote HIM on race, and because HIM is part of Rasta, may try to change Rasta.

And although I have my views on this, I think it would be excellent if we could all accept Rasta's INTERPRETATION on HIM's views, and just focus on uplifting each other.

Blessings and much love,

Joe

Messenger: Gora Sent: 11/11/2015 5:17:29 PM

Please imagine I situation. Born as a white I grew up with people from all over the world, I was never teached something else than Inity, there are no races in I mind. I always try to take care of everything potentially racist in babylon. I read a lot about the cruel things happened the past 500 years and try I best to destroy everything that is still there. I woman is from Ivory Coast.
And with this awareness I feel right with the words of HIM. Do you really want I to deny the faith in HIM because of the color of I skin? Denying faith in what I really faith is one of the badest feelings I can have. I can never be what I want to be because of my skin? Isn't that something everybody hates? Although there are still lots of things that stand between Inity, I really ask I Black people:
I want a chance that InI accept some white people as rastafarians. I don't want to be judged for things that I never did. I know my responsibility for working on balance between black and white people, and i do my best to accelerate that process. But isn't that the point where forgiveness may should start? InI can't reach Inity as long as InI don't want to.
I hope I didn't upset anyone.
Bessings

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 11/11/2015 7:49:33 PM

Why does d I claims to not see race? Well I know historical conception of race, as western understanding of the word. TRIBAL/ETHNICITY would that be a better choice of words because difference in human populations are real especially when in their Natural Ancestral home lands.

People have always atleast historically documented saw differences and categorized themselves as such, tribally and geographically.

There are genetical differences within the human family which usually leads to phenotypical differences that can be clearly seen physically, which can lead to geographical adaptation for survival.

But what exactly is race? Maybe it depends on the location and context of the question.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/11/2015 10:03:21 PM

Right, nobody can come tell black people dem feel like there no such thing as race or tribe or roots, etc. Haile Selassie identified as an African and was a Panafricanist who didn't forget his people in the diaspora. Garvey I was also a panafricanist and black nationalist/supremest. You can't take or remove the black away from that or from the root of Rastafari. To acknowledge race is not to be racist. Neither to uplift, sanctify and protect. Marcus Garvey also put fire under racial miscegenation. Yet and still InI don't have problem with any one who bow before African royalty.
Love and Honor

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/11/2015 10:52:54 PM

Here is a Reasoning I made before

-------------
Color blind blindness

Black, white, brown, red, yellow, pink, etc.

I love all these peoples and recognize them all. And I respect, accept and love the different cultures in their uniqueness, and I recognize the many similarities between the cultures.

I don't deal with color blindness, I feel that I and I should see all colour and Love all color.

Some may think that these two ways to look at people are the same, but they are very different.

Color blindness often lacks respect for other people's culture and ancestry, because it is not acknowledged but is ignored. And a lot of times when people deal with color blindness, they look at others as their own colour, rather than the colour the people actually are. But why must we ignore differences? I and I should rejoice and love the differences between the people. This is the great richness of Jah creation.

This veil of color blindness can only last so long, and then it will come off and the old problems will remain. Color loveness is Iternal, because it accepts and honors the differences in culture and ancestry.
--------------

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 11/12/2015 3:41:36 AM

MY GOD AND KING IS BLACK.

MARCUS I, EMMANUEL I, SELASSIE I
JAH
RAS TAFARI

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/12/2015 8:08:58 AM

Love the reasonings Ark I!

I have never liked the term "color blindness" either. Jah creation is beautifully varied. It is far from being colorless. Each color carries it's own vibration, as do musical notes.

Afrikan people have never been xenophobic (fear of one who doesn't look like them). That is not in our nature. We are the mothers and father's of humanity. And we have historically always welcomed strangers with love and hospitality, as taught by our elders. In fact, we have been the most forgiving people on the face of this earth. This has proven to be a blessing, and a curse.

When it comes to RasTafari, it is important that while we chant "One Love", our foundation is Afrikan. Our movement coming out of Jamaica was born out of RESISTANCE to white supremacy.

Since then, our movement crossed the color lines through reggae music, stretching forth it's afrikan message to all "four corners" of the earth.

That being said, we will not allow it to become "blacked out through whitewash" as has been the history of black movements that have opened their doors to non Afrikans. We will not allow it to become colorless or diluted in the name if "one love" or to appease "white guilt" syndrome.

We are a BLACK movement. Born out of resistance to white supremacy. We praise a BLACK God. We are the children of the Organization of AFRICAN UNITY, founded by Haile Selassie, father of pan - africanism.

If this movement appeals to white people, so be it. We simply ask (demand) that it remain fundementally Afrikan. Not watered down. Not made comfortable for non Africans.

Understand that black love does not mean white hate. It simply means that our priority is the freedom of African People worldwide. No justice, no peace. Once we have equal rights and justice, then...and only then, can we truly entertain the concept of One Love.

"...And until that day, the dream of lasting peace, world citizenship, rule of international morality, will remain but a fleeting illusion to be pursued, but never attained... now everywhere is war.”

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/12/2015 6:26:09 PM

Was Bob ACTUALLY talking about white/black race relations when he made 1 love

- given the tensions in JA between black and black at the time
- given the political war at the time of which he was a victim
- given the fact the album name Exodus (of who?)

I don't personally think.

But re:race relations Peter put this in a much clearer way:

There will be no peace / no one love / no lets get together; before justice

Black Ipreme

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/12/2015 7:21:23 PM

I have to smile BIG @ di I Garveys, because I have always felt that "One Love" was actually a pan afrikan message of unity amongst ourselves.

It has since become a universal message, which as far as some of us feel, will not be until equal rights are guaranteed to all.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 59

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I